270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Russia 2012

You do realize that it is impossible for any other party other than United Russia to win a state, let alone the election, mind you. ;)

You do realize that it is impossible for any other party other than United Russia to win a state, let alone the election, mind you. ;)

Actually impossible? Understand, although I'm a decent designer (or so I'm told, out of all humility), I'm a pretty crappy player and often lose, so I consider my own playtests inconsequential anyways. I'd always just assumed there were skilled players who could actually eke out a victory in this scenario. I'm not that good at delineating the impossible vs. difficult divide based on my own poor playtests. I'm sorry. :(

Actually impossible? Understand, although I'm a decent designer (or so I'm told, out of all humility), I'm a pretty crappy player and often lose, so I consider my own playtests inconsequential anyways. I'd always just assumed there were skilled players who could actually eke out a victory in this scenario. I'm not that good at delineating the impossible vs. difficult divide based on my own poor playtests. I'm sorry. :(

To give you an example, I played as Pokhorav but increased his funds to 900,000,000 and upped his organization up to five, running ads every turn and attacking Putin on his Integrity in that same span. Managed to narrowly squeak out a win in Moscow. :/

Mind you however, it does a wonderful job to display the difficulties facing these parties. But if you were aiming for others to actually win elections other than United Russia, I currently isn't possible (and that includes through intentional sabotage).

I'm going to run a game with their support base more towards leaning than you have it currently set, maybe that will do it.

EDIT: Just opening up the file I see the potential issues. The floor for United Russia is simply too high, going to lower it and see what happens.

To give you an example, I played as Pokhorav but increased his funds to 900,000,000 and upped his organization up to five, running ads every turn and attacking Putin on his Integrity in that same span. Managed to narrowly squeak out a win in Moscow. :/

Mind you however, it does a wonderful job to display the difficulties facing these parties. But if you were aiming for others to actually win elections other than United Russia, I currently isn't possible (and that includes through intentional sabotage).

I'm going to run a game with their support base more towards leaning than you have it currently set, maybe that will do it.

EDIT: Just opening up the file I see the potential issues. The floor for United Russia is simply too high, going to lower it and see what happens.

How did that adjustment turn out?

How did that adjustment turn out?

Still damn virtually impossible, even as a cheat character.

I'll send this scenario to the last few who posted, once I retrive it from my backup HD (I had to do a full system restore). Until then, I had a follow-up scenario idea.

I admit Russia 2012 was not at all a close race, but Russia 1996 was much closer. Zyuganov, who was also the Communist candidate back then as well, came close to beating Yeltsin. I'd need to adjust the map, as there were a few differences in federal subjects (equivalent to states) back then, and the issues would be a bit different.

Thoughts, anyone?