270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bawlexus91

Massachusetts Senate - 2012

If you're interested in giving this scenario a try, feel free to leave your email, and I'll send it. Also, if you could offer any feedback, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

This scenario is based off of a Massachusetts 2010 Special Senate scenario. I just can't recall the author's name (feel free to speak up if you're out there.)

Scenario Description:

The 2012 MA Senate race features a rarity in Massachusetts: an incumbent REPUBLICAN will be defending his seat against an array of potentially strong Democratic challengers. Though Brown has shown his independent streak (as most MA Republicans must to win reelection), polling anticipates the '12 Senate battle will be close, what w/ Pres Obama at the top of the ticket and popular homestate Consumer Advocate Elizabeth Warren leading the Dem Primary

Elizabeth Warren description: Current Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren gained name recognition by serving as an instrumental player in the Obama Administration. Not only did she serve on the Oversight Panel for the 2008 TARP bill, she also helped create and Chair the United States Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Her star continued to rise in Democratic ranks when she became an outspoken proponent of the Occupy Wallstreet Movement in 2011.

Scott Brown description.

Few would have predicted 3 yrs earlier that little known State Senator Scott Brown would be sitting in fmr. Sen. Ted Kennedy's old seat, but there he was, running in a close reelection battle against well-known fmr. Consumer Advocate and Obama Admin member, Elizabeth Warren. With fair job ratings (52%), Brown will no doubt face a tough battle as a Republican in a heavily Democratic state. Will he survive w/ Obama at the top of the ticket?

i'd like to try it out my emails historybuff93@cableone.net ty

Its been sent. Let me know if you have any feedback / recommended changes. I've noticed that Scott Brown tends to run a bit too strong when you play with the primaries ON and don't give him an opponent (as is the case in the real life race). But not sure how to tamper with that without drastically altering the outcome of the game.

ok i was done playing and here was the result

Elizibeth Warren(me)- 55.5 2,781,830

Scott Brown- 41.5% 2,078,390

Joe Kennedy(Not related) 3% 148,630

Thanks for posting those results. Did you play with the primaries on or off? And if you played with the primaries ON, how many candidates did Warren run against, and how many did Brown run against?

Thanks for posting those results. Did you play with the primaries on or off? And if you played with the primaries ON, how many candidates did Warren run against, and how many did Brown run against?

primaries were on and i was running against alan khazi brown did not have any primary challange but at one point the polls were 49% for warren and 43% for brown

Just tried sending it but got a message delivery failure. Sure you sent the right email address?

No, i wrote it wrong.

NomerDuck@Gmail.com

• Upvote 1

tippins@live.com, please. I'll get some feedback to you.

Sent to the 4 of you above. Hope you enjoy. PS - I have a couple more scenarios I'll be posting about soon.

• Upvote 1

Election night countdown stops at 8.00 PM, results come in but points are only counted when they're locked.

Warren too powerful, wins everytime when I'm spacebarring as independent. Cahill stuck at 0%. Minor parties have no conventions, thus no Veeps - intended? A well-made map and issues though. Solid work all in all. Only needs some polish.

Election night countdown stops at 8.00 PM, results come in but points are only counted when they're locked.

Warren too powerful, wins everytime when I'm spacebarring as independent. Cahill stuck at 0%. Minor parties have no conventions, thus no Veeps - intended? A well-made map and issues though. Solid work all in all. Only needs some polish.

the reason Cahill is stuck at 0% is because he doesn't have ballot access in every county

Send please.

jamesrobertmclaughlin@yahoo.com

Edit: Wait. Bawlexus? Don't you have a Reagan TL you need to get back too? ;)

• Upvote 1