270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tayya

Sweden 2010 and other stuff

Hello,

I don't own Campaigns Forever nor the full version of President Forever, but I plan to obtain them in the future. Meanwhile, this thread can be a place to store my ideas for Swedish scenarios and perhaps attain some feedback.

I'm still not sure whether Swedish scenarios would be better suited in the US or the German engine. The US is easier to edit and a bit more fun, but Germany has (at least partly) proportional representation, party leader duos, as well as seats which allow for fun in-depth nerdiness that I like. I am somewhat familiar with editing xml files, so modding a scenario without Campaigns Forever shouldn't be amazingly hard.

Anyways, here is my tentative set of leaders and issues:

(Social Democrats) 25-40%

Mona Sahlin

Thomas Bodström (off)

Pär Nuder (off)

Sven-Erik Österberg (off)

Carin Jämtin (off)

Ulrica Messing (off)

Margot Wallström (off)

(Moderate Party) 20-35%

Fredrik Reinfeldt

Anders Borg (off)

Carl Bildt (off)

(Centre Party) 5-10%

Maud Olofsson

Annie Johansson (off)

Fredrick Federley (off)

(Liberal Party) 5-11%

Jan Björklund

Birgitta Ohlsson (off)

Nyamko Sabuni (off)

Carl B Hamilton (off)

(Christian Democrats) 3-7%

Göran Hägglund

Mats Odell (off)

Tuve Skånberg (off)

(Left Party) 4-8%

Lars Ohly

Jonas Sjöstedt (off)

(Green Party) 6-10%

Team Wetterstrand & Eriksson

(Sweden Democrats) 3-8%

Jimmie Åkesson

ISSUES

Crime

Digital Integrity

Education

Employment Tax

Environment

EU

Gender Equality

GLBTQ Issues

Housework Subsidies

High-Income Tax

Immigration

Infrastructure

Nuclear Power

Social Security

Peacekeeping

Public Sector

Unemployment

Welfare State

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I don't own Campaigns Forever nor the full version of President Forever, but I plan to obtain them in the future. Meanwhile, this thread can be a place to store my ideas for Swedish scenarios and perhaps attain some feedback.

I'm still not sure whether Swedish scenarios would be better suited in the US or the German engine. The US is easier to edit and a bit more fun, but Germany has (at least partly) proportional representation, party leader duos, as well as seats which allow for fun in-depth nerdiness that I like. I am somewhat familiar with editing xml files, so modding a scenario without Campaigns Forever shouldn't be amazingly hard.

Anyways, here is my tentative set of leaders and issues:

(Social Democrats) 25-40%

Mona Sahlin

Thomas Bodström (off)

Pär Nuder (off)

Sven-Erik Österberg (off)

Carin Jämtin (off)

Ulrica Messing (off)

Margot Wallström (off)

(Moderate Party) 20-35%

Fredrik Reinfeldt

Anders Borg (off)

Carl Bildt (off)

(Centre Party) 5-10%

Maud Olofsson

Annie Johansson (off)

Fredrick Federley (off)

(Liberal Party) 5-11%

Jan Björklund

Birgitta Ohlsson (off)

Nyamko Sabuni (off)

Carl B Hamilton (off)

(Christian Democrats) 3-7%

Göran Hägglund

Mats Odell (off)

Tuve Skånberg (off)

(Left Party) 4-8%

Lars Ohly

Jonas Sjöstedt (off)

(Green Party) 6-10%

Team Wetterstrand & Eriksson

(Sweden Democrats) 3-8%

Jimmie Åkesson

ISSUES

Crime

Digital Integrity

Education

Employment Tax

Environment

EU

Gender Equality

GLBTQ Issues

Housework Subsidies

High-Income Tax

Immigration

Infrastructure

Nuclear Power

Social Security

Peacekeeping

Public Sector

Unemployment

Welfare State

Looks good, though I'd advise Chancellor Forever, myself. And what about the Pirate Party, especially with a Digital Integrity issue? I thought they had a bit of cache after winning a European Parliament seat.

• Upvote 1

The Pirate Party attained 0.6% in the 2010 general election and isn't really big enough to make a difference. If they are included they would be off by default. And if the Pirates are in, the Feminist Initiative should be in (0.65% vs 0.4%)

A map of Sweden with the planned constituencies can be found here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/sverigesvalkretsar.png/ The three blobs to the right are Stockholm (red), Gothenburg (dark red) and Malmö (yellow).

The map looks good. I can help however is needed, and I'm sure GOP Progressive can offer some aid as well.

• Upvote 1

Thank you! I have not abandoned the project, I just have little time to work on it right now. What is the best order to list things - candidate strength, party strength, issues, seats, endorsers...?

• Upvote 1

All the issue positions are completed! Next to the positions are the default party positions (some party leaders could have different positions on a few issues, of course)

(S - Social Democrats M - Moderate Party C - Centre Party V - Left Party MP - Green Party KD - Christian Democrats FP - People's Party SD - Sweden Democrats)

// Crime

Imprisonment will not stop crime. Focus on finding alternatives and preventing crimes before they happen. #MP

While some sentences should be lengthened, preventing crime before it happens is more important. #V, S

Some serious crimes should lead to longer sentences. More policemen leads to less crime. #C, KD

The sentences for serious crimes should be lengthened. The police needs much more resources. #M, FP

Crime can only be fought with punishment. Most sentences should be lengthened and actual lifetime sentences implemented. #SD

@

// Digital Integrity

Digital downloading is a part of the future and not a crime. The FRA and Ipred laws threaten integrity and should be repealed immediately. #MP, V

While piracy should be stopped, recent laws concerning the Internet such as the FRA and IPRED laws interfere with individual integrity. #SD

Piracy should be stopped. Integrity must be guarded, but not at the cost of insecurity for individuals and the nation. #S, C, FP

The right to copyright precedes piracy and Ipred should be kept. The FRA law is important to preserve security. #M

National and individual security should take priority over integrity questions. Most citizens have nothing to hide. #KD

@

// Education

Stop school segregation immediately. Invest in the schools that need it. Prioritize public schools. #V

Individualize education and increase the teachers' freedom by replacing grades with assessments and getting rid of fixed schedule plans. #MP

Guarantee all students the possibility to higher education. Increase school quality through investments. #S

Improved school quality is attained through earlier grading and a wider selection of public and private schools. #C, KD

Education is failing. Grade early, implement teacher legitimations, renationalize public schools and separate theoretical and practical alternatives. #FP, M

@

// Employment Tax

Scrap the expensive and failed tax reductions. #none bt default

Keep the current tax reductions but oppose further reductions actively. #S, MP, V

Keep the current tax reductions, but prioritize other investments higher in the future. #SD

Reduce employment taxes further. #M, C, KD

Reduce employment taxes further and halve payroll taxes for people under 25. #FP

@

// Environment

Our policies to eliminate emissions must be more radical. Growth should never come before sustainability. #MP

The and enacting policies to preserve it must be prioritized higher. #C, V, FP

The environment is important and we should always aim to preserve it. #S, M

While the environment is important, it is not a top priority. #SD, KD

The environment is not very important. #none by default

@

// EU

Withdraw from the European Union and leave the democratic deficit behind us. #V, SD

Be skeptical towards the EU, but in some areas we can use it as a possibility for change. #MP

The EU is a fundamentally good institution, but bureaucracy and centralisation should be cut. #C

The EU and the common market are important for peace and stability. The Euro should be adopted when we're ready. #S, M, KD

Not only the Euro, but complete European integration is the only way forward in the future. #FP

@

// Gender Equality

We are a feminist party. Patriarchy should be replaced by an equal society immediately. #V, MP

We must actively move towards a more equal society. #S, C, FP

Movements towards more equality are strongly encouraged, but should not be forced. #M

The state should not interfere with people's concerns, even if it leads to more equal statistics. #KD

Feminist theories are misleading at best and lead to matriarchy and inequality. #SD

@

// GLBTQ Issues

Abolish heteronormativity immediately and remove all anti-queer discrimination, especially for transpersons. #MP, V

Actively increase, protect and enforce the rights of LGBTQ people. #C, FP

Protect and increase the rights of LGBT people. #M, S

While LGBT people should be protected, sexual identity is a private concern. Same-sex marriage does not advance society. #KD, SD

Same-sex marriage goes against humanity's fundamental principles. #none by default

@

// Housework Subsidies

Abolish all kinds of housework subsidies, only serving the rich. #V

Abolish subsidies for "maid work" and daycare subsidies. #S

Keep the construction and household services as they are right now. Abolish the daycare subsidies. #MP, FP

Keep the housework subsidies. #C, M

Keep the housework subsidies and look into expanding them, especially the daycare subsidies. #KD, SD

@

// High-Income Tax

Those who can pay should pay. Increase high-income taxes and combat tax evasion actively. #V

Stop tax policies that divide the nation. Increase high-income taxes somewhat. #S, MP

Everyone should be affected equally by tax reductions and increases. #SD

Lower taxes generally, including for those with a high income. #FP, KD

Lower and flatten taxes in order to benefit those who want a career. #C, M

@

// Immigration

Multiculturalism is the future. We should accept as many immigrants as possible. Open borders! #MP

Our current policies are inhumane. We should accept more immigrants. #S, V

We should aim to accept as many immigrants as possible. #M, C

While we want to accept as many immigrants as possible, we need to make sure the ones we have are integrated in our society. #FP, KD

Multiculturalism is a threat to our country. Limit immigration as much as possible. #SD

@

// Infrastructure

Replace most domestic flights with efficient rail transport. Expand public transport drastically. #MP, C

Improve and invest in public transport substantially, especially the railroads. #V, S, FP

Improve the quality of the roads and railroads, though not through higher taxes. #M

Continue to invest in infrastucture. #KD

Continue to invest in infrastucture, although it is not a priority. #SD

@

// Nuclear Power / Energy

Abolish nuclear power as soon as possible and replace it with true clean fuel. #MP

Abolish nuclear power successively. #S, V, C

Nuclear power is only a short term solution, not optimal in the long term. #SD, KD

Nuclear power should be kept along with other sources of renewable energy. #M

Nuclear power is the future. #FP

@

// Social Security

Roll back the changes in unemployment coverage and social security. Tax pensions like income from work. #V, S

Lower the cost of unemployment coverage and improve the coverage of social security. #MP, SD

The fundamentals of the social security reforms are good, but some parts are too heavy-handed. #KD

Keep the government's reforms in social security. #FP, C

Keep the current reforms and look into changing social security further. #M

@

// Military / Peacekeeping

Cut the military costs to afford welfare. Retreat from Afghanistan. #v, MP

Spend as much as we need on the military and retreat from Afghanistan. Reinstate the draft. #S

Keep our soldiers in Afghanistan and sharpen the military further for similar missions. #C, KD, M

Invest in defense spending substantially while sharpening it. Keep our soldiers in Afghanistan. #FP

Reverse course and spend dramatically more money on keeping our defense intact. #SD

@

// Public Sector

The public sector should be expanded. Private companies are too motivated by profits. #V

It is important to keep the public sector large but efficient. #S

It is not important who runs things as long as it is run efficiently. #MP, SD

Some government-owned companies should be sold to pay off public debts. Enterprises are usually more effective. #FP, KD

The government should not own companies. The market should be left to private enterprises. #M, C

@

// Unemployment

Reverse the government's reforms and ensure that the state treats the unemployed as human beings. #V

Roll back most of the current government's reforms to create a safe but flexible jobs market.

Neither too safe nor too flexible employments are desirable. #SD, MP

Stay on the current course to promote employment. #M, FP, KD

Keep the course on unemployment reforms and change LAS drastically to improve flexibility on the jobs market. #C

@

// Welfare State

We should aim for the world's best welfare, without private and profit-seeking alternatives.

We should be proud of the welfare state and make sure it continues to be successful. Some private alternatives. #S, SD

The welfare state is good, but some reforms could be made. Public or private doesn't matter.#MP

The welfare state should be reformed to increase quality and flexibility. Encourage private alternatives. #C, FP, KD

Cut down on the welfare state to modernize Sweden and lower taxes across the board. Encourage private alternatives strongly. #M

@

@end

• Upvote 1

I've worked quite a bit on this today, so a few of the files are good, but sure. What are you thinking of?

• Upvote 1

Instead of homework this weekend, I kinda went and completed the scenario.

Well, almost. The balance is completely off, coalitions could be turned off instead of doing it half-badly with the engine, and the name positions need to be sorted out. Not to mention that the ridings are far from working correctly, what with Sweden not using constituencies nor overhang seats. What is the best way to sort that out?

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

Everything except the ridings is completed. Around 2/3 of the ridings will only have one party running alternatively one party very dominant, to make the results and the seats align... somewhat. This will be ridiculously annoying work. Estimated completion: Middle of May.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

Everything except the ridings is completed. Around 2/3 of the ridings will only have one party running alternatively one party very dominant, to make the results and the seats align... somewhat. This will be ridiculously annoying work. Estimated completion: Middle of May.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

For the ridings download the 'constituency editor' tool - it's not included in installations but you should be able to find it on the forum

It's a GUI which allows you to add constituencies, parties and %s

Might save you some headaches, if you forget one number or line while editing the text file your scenario won't work

There is also a 'scenario checker' which doesn't pick up everything but can help - both are for CFE/PM4E engines

• Upvote 1

To be honest if you want to model Sweden I would probably wait and see if there's going to be a Congress Forever editor, and what features that will have (eg proportional results)

The PM4E/C4E engines are quite outdated

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your feedback. I might release an early version for feedback and then redo the scenario for C4E.

Thank you for your feedback. I might release an early version for feedback and then redo the scenario for C4E.

It's highly unlikely Congress Forever will ever be redone with PR. Plus, the engine doesn't have a leader figure like the new PM4E. It's highly unsuited to a European democracy.

Maybe the PR/MPP system will be redone when Germany has it's next election - I don't know. Until then, I'd stick with Chancellor 4E 2009.

I've been stuck in school, but it's over now so it depends on if I get a job or not. If you have an idea how I'm supposed to model the mandates, that is what stopping me.

• Upvote 1

I think the money is where it should be, the parties' budgets are listed at Swedish Wikipedia:

Social Democrats: 70.000.000 SEK

Moderate Party: Around 60.000.000 SEK

Centre Party: 65.000.000 SEK

Liberal People's Party: 30.000.000 SEK

Christian Democrats: 17.000.000 SEK

Left Party: 7.000.000 SEK

Green Party: 10.000.000 SEK

Sweden Democrats: 19.000.000 SEK

• Upvote 1