270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

Release: President Forever 2012 Alpha v. 1.0.3

See here.

Question, does it require a spy to see how much your opponent is fundraising or has spent? Because I played as Romney and right before election day I looked at Obama's stats and it said he only raised $600,000 and only spent 35 out of the 80 million he started with. Doesn't that seem odd?

Can you add the button back where you can run ads in all the states at once, alongside the option where you can run ads individually? It's kind of tedious to click each state for each ad, every time.

Also, I really like that you can see how many people attended the rally; great addition.

Can you add the button back where you can run ads in all the states at once, alongside the option where you can run ads individually? It's kind of tedious to click each state for each ad, every time.

Also, I really like that you can see how many people attended the rally; great addition.

Ditto on both points. This game is showing a lot of promise. I'm looking forward to seeing what we get when all is said and done!

• Upvote 1

Hi Rz,

That's probably because the computer player AI isn't fully implemented - noted.

Question, does it require a spy to see how much your opponent is fundraising or has spent? Because I played as Romney and right before election day I looked at Obama's stats and it said he only raised $600,000 and only spent 35 out of the 80 million he started with. Doesn't that seem odd?

Yes, there should be a button that allows you to 'add all', and probably an 'add targeting' button as well, in the next version.

Thanks for the feedback ScottM! Probably won't be all said and done for awhile.

Ditto on both points. This game is showing a lot of promise. I'm looking forward to seeing what we get when all is said and done!

Thanks for the feedback ScottM! Probably won't be all said and done for awhile.

The early results have convinced me it will be well worth the wait though! :)

• Upvote 3

Yes, there should be a button that allows you to 'add all', and probably an 'add targeting' button as well, in the next version.

Oh, jolly good, that's what's really going on my nerves, having to click three times or so to get an ad to run in the state XY. :D

I can't wait for the versions to include primaries, for primaries are the thing that I really love about the game.

Question: With targeting and building organization, I take it you'll be able to "take with you" what you build in primaries? So if I bring my Strength in OH to a max of 5, these 5 points will stay with me through the election, right?

Yes, Organizational Strength built in the primaries transfers to the general election.

Oh, jolly good, that's what's really going on my nerves, having to click three times or so to get an ad to run in the state XY. :D

I can't wait for the versions to include primaries, for primaries are the thing that I really love about the game.

Question: With targeting and building organization, I take it you'll be able to "take with you" what you build in primaries? So if I bring my Strength in OH to a max of 5, these 5 points will stay with me through the election, right?

Probably not. Adding additional candidates means anything that changes in the XML files related to leaders has to be duplicated, so it makes sense to wait until the XML files are relatively settled.

Will there be other candidates available for Alpha v. 1.0.4?