270soft Forum

Release: President Forever 2012 Alpha v. 1.0.1

admin_270

I tried it out, playing as both Obama and Romney. It was an awesome game and holds a lot of promise.

One problem I saw was the debate and issue familiarity. The day before the debate, Romney had a 4 (15 out of 100) in debating and a 4 (5 out of a hundred) in IF. Obama meanwhile had only a 2 in debating (83 out of 100) and an IF of 4 (50 out of 100). Based off those statistics, Romney should have won the debate. Instead, it said obama won, despite being vastly underprepared in argumentation abilities.

Otherwise, a great game!

See here.

It worked good for me, though I only played through once.

Here are some minor problems I noticed. On election night, when you double click a state, it doesn't show the candidate names just their party. Also, for most of my states, they only reported 80%, though it looked like all the results were in.

What is your locale (U.S., Canada, Europe, and so on)?

Europe.

Thank you very much for this quick(!) fix! The game starts, I'll post my experiences later.

EDIT: Played an entire election, worked quite well. One thing I am missing is the feature that states are getting called. Otherwise it looks great.

Getting some strange results w/ the latest version (1.0.2). I played as Mitt Romney, space-barred through the whole election, didn't so much as lift a finger, and still won the popular vote 51.7% - 48.3%. But even weirder, I LOST the electoral college vote, and thus the election, by a whopping 331-207. Very, very unlikely. Not even sure it's possible.

Archived