270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LordBeckett

Alberta - 2012

Are their currently any plans to make Premier Forever Alberta 2012?

I thought I may take a whack at it, seeing as how I live in Alberta and get information on it daily in my paper and am familiar with the layout of Alberta politics quite a bit. Anyone want to join in?

• Upvote 3

I thought I may take a whack at it, seeing as how I live in Alberta and get information on it daily in my paper and am familiar with the layout of Alberta politics quite a bit. Anyone want to join in?

What do you need?

• Upvote 2

What do you need?

First off, should I only include the five parties at all likely to get seats - PC, WRA, Liberal, NDP, and Alberta Party - or should I also include minor parties like the SoCreds, SPA, Communists, Independents, etc.?

Second, I'm debating between the Alberta Premier Forever engine (essentially identical to the Canadian PM4E engine, just with bigger swings in percentages in actual play) or the new Canadian PM4E 2011 engine. If the latter were used, I'd need a bit of technical advice on it's actual mechanics.

Third, should I offer other candidates from the PC, Liberal, and Alberta Party leadership conventions of last year as alternate leaders, or just have the one actually chosen for each.

And fourth and finally, at least for now, is issues. I have a few ideas (see below), but need some advice on other.

-Balanced Budget

-Economy

-Education

-Endbridge Pipeline

-Environment

-Health Care

-Oil Sands

-Taxation

-Transportation

-Unemployment

• Upvote 3

First off, should I only include the five parties at all likely to get seats - PC, WRA, Liberal, NDP, and Alberta Party - or should I also include minor parties like the SoCreds, SPA, Communists, Independents, etc.?

Second, I'm debating between the Alberta Premier Forever engine (essentially identical to the Canadian PM4E engine, just with bigger swings in percentages in actual play) or the new Canadian PM4E 2011 engine. If the latter were used, I'd need a bit of technical advice on it's actual mechanics.

Third, should I offer other candidates from the PC, Liberal, and Alberta Party leadership conventions of last year as alternate leaders, or just have the one actually chosen for each.

And fourth and finally, at least for now, is issues. I have a few ideas (see below), but need some advice on other.

-Balanced Budget

-Economy

-Education

-Endbridge Pipeline

-Environment

-Health Care

-Oil Sands

-Taxation

-Transportation

-Unemployment

I think you should include the minor parties.

I think it would be nice to have another scenario on the PM4E Can. 2011 Engine.

I think having alternate candidates lets people customize their campaign more and that is better.

Canidates -

PC - Allison Redford, Gary Mar, Doug Horner, Ted Morton, Rick Orman, Doug Griffiths, Edward Stelmach

Lib - Raj Sherman, David Swann, Kevin Taft, Mo Elsalhy, Laurie Blakeman, Hugh MacDonald, Bill Harvey, Bruce Payne

NDP - Raj Pannu, Brian Mason

Wildrose - Danielle Smith, Paul Hinman, Randy thorsteintan

Evergreen - Larry Ashmore

Alberta - Glen Taylor, Dave Taylor

Social Credit - Len Skowronski

Sep. - Bruce Hutton

Communist - Naomi Rankin

Issues

-Federal relations

-Urbanization

• Upvote 2

I think you should include the minor parties.

I think it would be nice to have another scenario on the PM4E Can. 2011 Engine.

I think having alternate candidates lets people customize their campaign more and that is better.

Canidates -

PC - Allison Redford, Gary Mar, Doug Horner, Ted Morton, Rick Orman, Doug Griffiths, Edward Stelmach

Lib - Raj Sherman, David Swann, Kevin Taft, Mo Elsalhy, Laurie Blakeman, Hugh MacDonald, Bill Harvey, Bruce Payne

NDP - Raj Pannu, Brian Mason

Wildrose - Danielle Smith, Paul Hinman, Randy thorsteintan

Evergreen - Larry Ashmore

Alberta - Glen Taylor, Dave Taylor

Social Credit - Len Skowronski

Sep. - Bruce Hutton

Communist - Naomi Rankin

Issues

-Federal relations

-Urbanization

K couple problems with some of the Candidates. Randy Thorensteinson is dead....he killed himself

also the Candidates for the Alberta party were Glenn Taylor, Tammy Maloney, Lee easton and Randy Royer

as for Pannu for NDP, hes not running and hes far too old to run again so i'd say either Ray Martin, Brian Mason, Rachel Notley or David Eggan

• Upvote 1

K couple problems with some of the Candidates. Randy Thorensteinson is dead....he killed himself

also the Candidates for the Alberta party were Glenn Taylor, Tammy Maloney, Lee easton and Randy Royer

as for Pannu for NDP, hes not running and hes far too old to run again so i'd say either Ray Martin, Brian Mason, Rachel Notley or David Eggan

1. Randy Thorsteinson did not kill himself.

As for others it hypothetical.

Alberta Party candidates are a good idea.

• Upvote 1

This would be an excellent scenario. You would want to put an inherent weakness in the Liberal campaign, and a lot of emphasis on the attacks between Wildrose and PC's.

More issues would be:

Housing

U.S. Relations

Equalization Payments

Social issues like Abortion could be useful for the Wildrose as well.

• Upvote 1

Which one?

I'm more comfortable with the PM4E engine, and the Constituency Editor works in the Alberta version, so that's what I'd say.

• Upvote 2

One major issue has been Transmission Lines as well. Its been a real issue in Southern Alberta around Medicine Hat and in Sherwood Park and Strathcona-Sherwood Park.

Leaders: Alberta Party: Sue Huff (she was interim leader)

Parties: I would include the Evergreen Party (made up from the now bankrupt Green Party)

As for Independents I am aware of two so far: 1.) Jim Ford (yes from the Federal Election) who is running in Sherwood Park

2.) Carl Benito (only a rumor but he has some signs up) running in his riding of Millwoods

• Upvote 1

One major issue has been Transmission Lines as well. Its been a real issue in Southern Alberta around Medicine Hat and in Sherwood Park and Strathcona-Sherwood Park.

Leaders: Alberta Party: Sue Huff (she was interim leader)

Parties: I would include the Evergreen Party (made up from the now bankrupt Green Party)

As for Independents I am aware of two so far: 1.) Jim Ford (yes from the Federal Election) who is running in Sherwood Park

2.) Carl Benito (only a rumor but he has some signs up) running in his riding of Millwoods

I agree with the Evergreen Party, but should the two independents be one party or each be one? That issue's good, too. I recall hearing about it in the news not long ago, come to think of it.

Any progress on the leaders/parties, LordBeckett.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the Evergreen Party, but should the two independents be one party or each be one? That issue's good, too. I recall hearing about it in the news not long ago, come to think of it.

Any progress on the leaders/parties, LordBeckett.

Lord Beckett?

• Upvote 2

Lord Beckett?

Nearly Done with default candidates. Sorry it took so long. I've been busy.

Update:

Okay done, Email?

• Upvote 2

Nearly Done with default candidates. Sorry it took so long. I've been busy.

Update:

Okay done, Email?

chandallah@netscape.net

• Upvote 2

losparks@live.ca

Just so you two know, and anyone else who may post, the scenario's not nearly done. I asked LordBeckett for a mostly incomplete copy so I could help finish it. It's being worked on. So please, no more e-mails.

Which reminds me, are you sending it soon LordBeckett?

• Upvote 1

Just so you two know, and anyone else who may post, the scenario's not nearly done. I asked LordBeckett for a mostly incomplete copy so I could help finish it. It's being worked on. So please, no more e-mails.

Which reminds me, are you sending it soon LordBeckett?

Tomorrow I will send Constituency Info and Leaders files.

Notes:

My Leaders photos might not be great and their attributes will be based mainly off debate and interview performances.

Percentages will be based off projection by ThreehundredEight.com.

@Lord Beckett: How's this coming? I don't think I actually received any files for quite a while. Any progress made?

Hey folks - just wondering what happened to this thread and the progress on Alberta 2012? I would love to help in any way I can. I did make a 2012 scenario (sorta incomplete, but it worked) using the Alberta - 2008 engine.