270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jaminup93

Cleaning up the PFE08 Scenario Forums

Can the admin go into the scenario creation for PFE08 and move any of the topics NOT pertaining to actual scenario creation to maybe general forums or something? I understand a need to discuss politics on a political game forum, but the scenario creation forum is not the place. It mucks up the forum with topics that have nothing to do with scenario creation, the only thing I want to see in a forum called scenario creation.

• Upvote 1

Some of them I can see being of help in scenario design, but they're not supposed to be there to begin with. I'll post a message about this in the forum.

Can the admin go into the scenario creation for PFE08 and move any of the topics NOT pertaining to actual scenario creation to maybe general forums or something? I understand a need to discuss politics on a political game forum, but the scenario creation forum is not the place. It mucks up the forum with topics that have nothing to do with scenario creation, the only thing I want to see in a forum called scenario creation.

• Upvote 1

If I recall, many years ago the political discussion forums were abolished because it caused too many flame wars. With the much smaller community now I see no reason why it can't be reinstated.

• Upvote 1

Vote GOP, what is the point of this forum if we can't even discuss the odds of certain candidates winning? It provides insight and ideas and helps keep EVERYBODY updated. THIS IS A POLITICAL DISCUSSION FORUM. READ THE MOTTO OF 270soft... "Where gaming gets political"...

Also, the 270admin already sent out a code of conduct which has been for the most part followed during these forum debates.

It makes no sense to end the political discussion forums. Keep the political discussion forums up.

If I recall, many years ago the political discussion forums were abolished because it caused too many flame wars. With the much smaller community now I see no reason why it can't be reinstated.

• Upvote 3

Vote GOP, what is the point of this forum if we can't even discuss the odds of certain candidates winning? It provides insight and ideas and helps keep EVERYBODY updated. THIS IS A POLITICAL DISCUSSION FORUM. READ THE MOTTO OF 270soft... "Where gaming gets political"...

Also, the 270admin already sent out a code of conduct which has been for the most part followed during these forum debates.

It makes no sense to end the political discussion forums. Keep the political discussion forums up.

You misunderstood. I proposed creating a forum for the SPECIFIC PURPOSE of political discussion. That way the scenario forum remains uncluttered.

• Upvote 2

<_< That seems okay. My bad on the misunderstanding, though I still endorse keeping political discussion on the forums open. I'm all for more organization.

You misunderstood. I proposed creating a forum for the SPECIFIC PURPOSE of political discussion. That way the scenario forum remains uncluttered.

• Upvote 3