270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RFK/JFKfan

Historical Scenarios yet to have been created

In this thread, feel free to list any historical electoral scenarios (from any country of your choice) that have not yet been created, but you feel ought to be. Also, feel free to post ideas (parties, candidates and their attributes, polling numbers, issues, etc) for those said scenarios.

Here's a few from me....

U.S. Senate Election in Massachusetts, 1994

I think this would be a good scenario for a couple of reasons. 1. This was Ted Kennedy's toughest re-election fight of his career. 2. His opponent is currently one of the Republican presidential frontrunners.

U.S. Presidential Election, 1948

An obvious choice, I suppose. Arguably the greatest upset in American electoral history, and the battles for the party nominations were pretty epic too. Plus, there were two relatively strong third-party candidates.

U.K. General Election, 1945

Quite possibly the most important UK general election of the 20th century. Led to the creation of the welfare state soon afterwards.

• Upvote 1

In this thread, feel free to list any historical electoral scenarios (from any country of your choice) that have not yet been created, but you feel ought to be. Also, feel free to post ideas (parties, candidates and their attributes, polling numbers, issues, etc) for those said scenarios.

Canada - 1997

Ontario - 2011

NB - 2010

Canada - 1993 - 1997 - 2000 - PM4E 2011

I haven't seen any Presidential 2000 scenarios. Or 1992 for that matter. I'd also really like to see more Australian scenarios. NSW 2011, Vic 2010, Qld 2012, etc.

• Upvote 1

1952 US Presidential Election:

Eisenhower was the main reason the Republicans won, and Truman almost ran for a third term but failed. Stassen was considered serious. Very interesting election year.

1912 US Presidential Election:

Wilson, Taft, Roosevelt. And that's not including the primary on Wilson's side.

1920 US Presidential Election:

Primary decided in a smoke filled room. A good year for Republicans, but so are a lot of the scenarios.