270soft Forum
californiarepublican

Herman Cain Poll

Did Cain make a wise choice by dropping out?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did Cain make a wise choice by dropping out?

• Yes, after the accusations, winning the nomination is not possible
    • No, he should have fought until the end.

Wise choice. Remaining in the campaign would have been a very expensive waste of time.

Any bets as to where those 8% of voters who were voting for him will turn to? My moneys on Gingrich.

• Upvote 2

I think they're probably going to wait to see who Cain endorses. They feel its unfair that Cain got accused (i think Cain did it) and they want Cain to get as much influence as he can.

I agree that Gingrich seems to be the most likely endorsement recepient. I wouldn't rule out Romney or Paul. Cain is a tough guy to figure out...

Wise choice. Remaining in the campaign would have been a very expensive waste of time.

Any bets as to where those 8% of voters who were voting for him will turn to? My moneys on Gingrich.

• Upvote 2

I think they're probably going to wait to see who Cain endorses. They feel its unfair that Cain got accused (i think Cain did it) and they want Cain to get as much influence as he can.

I agree that Gingrich seems to be the most likely endorsement recepient. I wouldn't rule out Romney or Paul. Cain is a tough guy to figure out...

Neither Romney nor Paul are 'real' Republicans. Paul is way too socially liberal, and too economically extremist right. He's pro-drugs, pro-abortion, pro-euthenasia, anti-military spending, anti-war, etc. Romney too, is too much of a moderate on certain things, like RomneyObama-care.

I think it's these weaknesses that allowed Perry, then Cain, now Gingrich to surge ahead. The majority of Republicans are looking for a real Republican to support. I can't really see Cain endorsing either of Paul or Romney, for just that reason. Though he could go somewhere way out and endorse one of the minor candidates, possibly giving someone like Huntsman the momentum boost they need for a strong showing in some of the early states.

• Upvote 1

Regardless, Romney is still leading in almost all categories... Right now, Romney is endorsing a center-right platform. Though he isn't a dream candidate, he is a very skilled and economically experienced politician.

Paul is not pro-abortion. Paul thinks it should be a state issue. he pointed out that all other issues not addressed inthe Constitution are legally (According to the Constitution) belonging to the states.

Paul is not pro-drugs, he is simply ending the drug war. His logic makes sense: "DO CRIMINALS REALLY LISTEN TO THE LAW?!?!? IS A CRIMINAL REALLY GOING TO SAY 'gee...i guess i can't take crack and pot"...

Paul's views are far more logical than most people think.

Paul isn't anti-military. He's anti-intervionalist which often times forces us to use our military in wild ways.

I don't know many people who prefer war over peace. If we can avoid a conflict, then we should.

If one defines Romney as a moderate, then they'll have to call Reagan a moderate as well. Reagan initially was a pro-choicer. Then he became a pro-lifer. Up until his late 30s, Reagan was an FDR fanatic. He then converted to conservatism. Does that mean Reagan was a moderate? People may have reservations about his past, but right now, Romney has a center-right stance on the issues.

Neither Romney nor Paul are 'real' Republicans. Paul is way too socially liberal, and too economically extremist right. He's pro-drugs, pro-abortion, pro-euthenasia, anti-military spending, anti-war, etc. Romney too, is too much of a moderate on certain things, like RomneyObama-care.

I think it's these weaknesses that allowed Perry, then Cain, now Gingrich to surge ahead. The majority of Republicans are looking for a real Republican to support. I can't really see Cain endorsing either of Paul or Romney, for just that reason. Though he could go somewhere way out and endorse one of the minor candidates, possibly giving someone like Huntsman the momentum boost they need for a strong showing in some of the early states.

• Upvote 3

Sucks for all the people who donated money to the Cain campaign.

I wonder why those women did not accuse him right away, instead of years later when he is frontrunner of race.

He couldn't have won, accusations or no accusations. He rose in the polls because he spoke in a way that simple minded American's could understand, and when people realized there was no substance to him they jumped ship. What he did with his dick had no bearing on his chances to become president.

• Upvote 1