270soft Forum
admin_270

P4E8 2012 Scenario Beta released

Hi everyone,

The Beta of the official P4E8 2012 scenario, designed by David Beauregard, can now be downloaded from http://scenarios.270soft.com .

United States - 2012

Before going any further:

Q. Does this mean you're not releasing P4E12?

A. No, this is meant as a way to add value for all the P4E8 owners.

Fire away with any feedback on the 2012 scenario as you see fit!

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com - TheorySpark

Where gaming gets political!

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

The Beta of the official P4E8 2012 scenario, designed by David Beauregard, can now be downloaded from http://scenarios.270soft.com .

United States - 2012

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

YES! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

• Upvote 3

For some reason, Romney's electability is 0. How come? His was 92 in 2008; I'm suspecting a bug but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Also the General Election map is too blue too quickly, in November 2011, even before the Republican Primaries are underway.

Otherwise, good game. :)

• Upvote 1

For some reason, Romney's electability is 0. How come? His was 92 in 2008; I'm suspecting a bug but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Also the General Election map is too blue too quickly, in November 2011, even before the Republican Primaries are underway.

I'm experiencing the same thing, by March 2012, I have won the nomination, but Obama has a huge lead in electoral votes which shouldn't happen.

• Upvote 2

I'm experiencing the same thing, by March 2012, I have won the nomination, but Obama has a huge lead in electoral votes which shouldn't happen.

Ocuppy Wall Street shouldn't help Obama get a massive lead in the polls. The Republicans and Obama should only be +/- 3 to 4 points of each other throughout the Ocuppy Wall Street Protests.

"But if Obama is counting on receiving a more direct political boost from OWS, he may be in for a disappointment, because there’s reason to believe that OWS is rooted much more in a broad frustration with America’s political and economic systems than in simple partisan politics."

"After all, as Glenn Greenwald noted last week, there are plenty of reasons for OWS supporters to conclude that Obama — who, don’t forget, was Wall Street’s candidate in 2008 — and the top Democrats in Washington are guilty of enabling Wall Street’s most destructive behavior and of paying too much lip service without action to the cause of “the 99 percent." http://www.salon.com/2011/10/18/barack_obamas_ows_problem/singleton/

• Upvote 1

Thanks - feedback noted.

Ok - noted.

Ocuppy Wall Street shouldn't help Obama get a massive lead in the polls. The Republicans and Obama should only be +/- 3 to 4 points of each other throughout the Ocuppy Wall Street Protests.

• Upvote 1

Yes, PM4E Canada 2011 is almost finalized. I expect a new version within a week. Then, PM4E Australia 2011 should be released in short order after that.

Great, now can we finally have PM4E Aus 2010 2011 2012?

• Upvote 1

Yes, PM4E Canada 2011 is almost finalized. I expect a new version within a week. Then, PM4E Australia 2011 should be released in short order after that.

Can you tell us how far you're into the creation of President Forever 2012?

• Upvote 1

OMG! Mindblowing! :D

Two things I initially noticed ... well, no, a couple more.

1) Too few endorsers (candidates will need more PIP for them, though)

2) With Christie as an off-candidate, why not put Mitch Daniels in there? Or Paul Ryan?

3) Is it me, or haven't you implemented the proportional distribution of the delegates prior to Super Tuesday?

• Upvote 1

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

LOOKS LIKE CALL OF DUTY MW3 JUST GOT UPSTAGED!!! XD

THANKS!

Hi everyone,

United States - 2012

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

• Upvote 2

Thanks - feedback noted.

Reagan GOP is right... here are some quick tips on how I balanced out the Obama surge...

1.) Cut his money total in half (okay, okay, I know that sounds unfair, but I want a game that's realistic)

2.) Improve Clinton's crusaders and polling.

3.) Have more events regarding Obama's weaknesses. All the events are about Perry being drunk, Cain cheating on his wife, etc. Though these are all serious, they really swing it in one direction. I think the economy should be a ringing issue.

just some tips... also, if you release a second edition... please add David Petraeus, Paul Ryan, and Mitch Daniels... why the heck is Buddy Roemer in there? Charlie Sheen has a better shot at being elected!

• Upvote 2

Reagan GOP is right... here are some quick tips on how I balanced out the Obama surge...

1.) Cut his money total in half (okay, okay, I know that sounds unfair, but I want a game that's realistic)

2.) Improve Clinton's crusaders and polling.

3.) Have more events regarding Obama's weaknesses. All the events are about Perry being drunk, Cain cheating on his wife, etc. Though these are all serious, they really swing it in one direction. I think the economy should be a ringing issue.

just some tips... also, if you release a second edition... please add David Petraeus, Paul Ryan, and Mitch Daniels... why the heck is Buddy Roemer in there? Charlie Sheen has a better shot at being elected!

I agree with POLLWONK. Unemployment should be constantly in the news and there should be news that Obama's base unhappy with him! Clinton's polling should be better maybe around 1600 delegates and leads in New York and Arkansas.

Mike Huckabee, Russ Feingold, Howard Dean, and Bernie Sanders (Both as a Democrat and as an viable 3th party candidate) should probably be in the game. Feingold, Dean, and Sanders should have around 1600 delegates.

• Upvote 2

I agree with POLLWONK. Unemployment should be constantly in the news and there should be news that Obama's base unhappy with him! Clinton's polling should be better maybe around 1600 delegates and leads in New York and Arkansas.

Mike Huckabee, Russ Feingold, Howard Dean, and Bernie Sanders (Both as a Democrat and as an viable 3th party candidate) should probably be in the game. Feingold, Dean, and Sanders should have around 1600 delegates.

Agreed. Clinton should be higher... Feingold should be winning blue collar states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan. Sanders and Dean should be duking it out in Vermont. Clinton should be winning New Hampshire.

Huckabee as well...

• Upvote 3

Can you be a little more specific on this (any state in particular that might be wrong)?

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

3) Is it me, or haven't you implemented the proportional distribution of the delegates prior to Super Tuesday?

I got all available candidates with Gingrich, winning Iowa by just one point, or so. I think (not sure, though, will run a test tomorrow, again), that the same thing applied for SC and FL, but not for NH.

Ok, according to the information source I have in front of me, Florida and South Carolina are supposed to be FPP, Iowa is more complex, and NH is PR.

In the game presently, Florida is FPP, SC is PR, Iowa is FPP, and NH is PR.

Florida: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/FL-R#0131

South Carolina: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/SC-R#0121

Iowa: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/IA-R#0103

New Hampshire: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/NH-R#0110

I got all available candidates with Gingrich, winning Iowa by just one point, or so. I think (not sure, though, will run a test tomorrow, again), that the same thing applied for SC and FL, but not for NH.

The Social Security issue should have something on the retirement age. Unemployment should be a major issue and it was mentioned in Obama's candidate description. Unemployment #s should be in the news everyday and negatively impacting the President's poll #s.

• Upvote 3

You need to Balance out Obama somehow. I spaced bar a few games as a Libertarian, and Obama smoked whoever the GOP candidate was each time, winning over 400 electoral college votes. He even won Texas against Rick Perry.

Id suggest it has to do with Obama just having way to much money for the GOP to compete, I would suggest adding some endorsers who give the GOP candidate some money. suggestions being

American Crossroads group run by Karl Rove: 10mil

Republican National Committee: 40 mil

GOPAC: 10 mil

Club for Growth: 10mil

Tea Party: 20mil

I know these groups technically cant work directly with a Presidential candidate but it would be a way to make the game more balanced.

Also i noticed some GOP governors Endorsing Obama, and Focus on the family also endorsed Obama 80% of the time.

• Upvote 3

Good point Dwazzy

You need to Balance out Obama somehow. I spaced bar a few games as a Libertarian, and Obama smoked whoever the GOP candidate was each time, winning over 400 electoral college votes. He even won Texas against Rick Perry.

Id suggest it has to do with Obama just having way to much money for the GOP to compete, I would suggest adding some endorsers who give the GOP candidate some money. suggestions being

American Crossroads group run by Karl Rove: 10mil

Republican National Committee: 40 mil

GOPAC: 10 mil

Club for Growth: 10mil

Tea Party: 20mil

I know these groups technically cant work directly with a Presidential candidate but it would be a way to make the game more balanced.

Also i noticed some GOP governors Endorsing Obama, and Focus on the family also endorsed Obama 80% of the time.

• Upvote 1