270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MuskogeeRepublican

Updated 2012 scenario

Fantastic scenario! Played one with Palin (caught fire right before Iowa, but Perry somehow snatched away the nomination *grrr*) and one with Santorum. The Palin one went quite well, but there is something with the Santorum one: Nevertheless what I did, or how much momentum I had in Iowa (+16 at times), I never, ever moved significantly up in the polls - one percentage, at best. I know that Santorum is a long, long shot candidate, but pumping every ad into Iowa, spending the entire pre-caucus time there, bombarding it with footsoldiers and crusaders should be able to at least swing a few votes around. It didn't ...

But all in all, very, very good, thanks. I took the liberty of searching for a few "better looking pics" for most of the candidates. Now it looks even better. :D

Fantastic scenario! Played one with Palin (caught fire right before Iowa, but Perry somehow snatched away the nomination *grrr*) and one with Santorum. The Palin one went quite well, but there is something with the Santorum one: Nevertheless what I did, or how much momentum I had in Iowa (+16 at times), I never, ever moved significantly up in the polls - one percentage, at best. I know that Santorum is a long, long shot candidate, but pumping every ad into Iowa, spending the entire pre-caucus time there, bombarding it with footsoldiers and crusaders should be able to at least swing a few votes around. It didn't ...

But all in all, very, very good, thanks. I took the liberty of searching for a few "better looking pics" for most of the candidates. Now it looks even better. :D

you'll find in my update i too did this when it's released :D

(i added more candidates and changed a few percentages around too)

LOL! Yeah, I just threw some pics together in Paint. Jon Huntsman's pic messed up. :D

I agree that this is a terrific scenario. I did lots of run-throughs just spacebarring as a trivial 3rd party candidate, and I'm personally very happy with the percentages. I think the percentages are where people slip up most, or get the most sloppy, when doing scenario creations. Not the case at all for this scenario. Job well done! Only thing I would change, is I would would include Rudy Guliani, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, and maybe even Donald Trump as "off" candidates (much like you did with Palin). Otherwise, one of the best scenarios that have been offered up around in here in a long time. It's obvious great care was taken with it.

I agree that this is a terrific scenario. I did lots of run-throughs just spacebarring as a trivial 3rd party candidate, and I'm personally very happy with the percentages. I think the percentages are where people slip up most, or get the most sloppy, when doing scenario creations. Not the case at all for this scenario. Job well done! Only thing I would change, is I would would include Rudy Guliani, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, and maybe even Donald Trump as "off" candidates (much like you did with Palin). Otherwise, one of the best scenarios that have been offered up around in here in a long time. It's obvious great care was taken with it.

Indeed! And throw in Jim DeMint for fun's sake, please. Mitch Daniels would also be a nice gal, to be included. The polling numbers look realistic. In one spacebarring scenario, Newt Gingrich sailed to the nomination, so it seems possible to win as a somewhat long shot candidate. I wonder what I did wrong with Santorum ...

What I also look are the endorsers! I love to hunt for endorsements. Maybe a few more endorsers like Senators, or high profile representatives (King in Iowa, Jordan in Ohio for example)would make it even more fun. The number of PIP would have to be raised for every candidate, of course, but nothing as much fun as cursing someone when he didn't endorse you. :D

Sounds great - can it be uploaded to mediafire?

dagorkan at yahoo dot co dot uk

Would really appreciate it, haven't been able to find any 2012 scens more recent than 2008. Thanks.

I had a few ideas for my own planned 2012 scenario (issues as well as endorsers) which I was going to base off "2012 President Obama" available on the scenarios website - maybe they can be fitted into this one.

Received and tested two primaries. One with Trump and one with Christie. Christe never got anyhwere (propably my lack of skill :D), while The Donald sailed to victory in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Romney stopped my advance on Super Tuesday, though. But thus far, Trump is missing a picture.

Working on the endorsers, I'll propably send you the file tomorrow, if that's okay with you.

In my updated version I do include a lot more candidates: Giuliani, Paul Ryan, Pataki, John Bolton, Buddy Roemer, Thad McCotter and I also updated Iowa's percentages.

Furthermore I updated pics for the candidates. all that's really left is fix the dates for the Dem Primaries and whatever Muskogee wants to send back :)

• Upvote 1