270soft Forum
POLLWONK

United States 2016 Advance...Additional Info

Please Add your Opinion!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Republican Possibilities would you most like to see included?

• John Kasich
    • Rick Scott
    • Scott Walker
    • David Petraeus
    • Allen West
    • Eric Cantor
  2. 2. Which of the Democratic Possibilities would you most like to see included?

• Joe Biden
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Russ Feingold
    • Gabrielle Giffords
    • Mark Pryor
    • Ted Strickland
    • Pat Quinn
    • Evan Bayh
  3. 3. Should Joe Biden be included?

• Yes. Joe Biden (ON)
    • Yes. Joe Biden (OFF)
    • No.

Hey guys,

After assembling information, I am now ready to release the new and improved candidates for the 2016 Election Advanced. Here they are...

GOP:

John Thune

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

John Huntsman Jr.

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

(possibilities:)

John Kasich (ON)

Rick Scott (ON)

Scott Walker (OFF)

David Petraeus (OFF)

Allen West (OFF)

Eric Cantor (OFF)

Democratic

Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Sen. Sherrod Brown

Sen. Mark Warner

Sen. Kay Hagan

Sen. Joe Manchin

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Sen. Bob Casey Jr.

Gov. Carte Goodwin

Possibilities

Vice President Joe Biden (OFF)

Secy. of State Hillary Clinton (OFF)

Sen. Russ Feingold (OFF)

Sen. Gabrielle Giffords (ON)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (OFF)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Candidate Standings...Thune, Rubio, and Jindal would be the three frontrunners for the 2016 GOP race with Christie, Bush, Ryan, Brown, and Huntsman Jr trailing a few points behind. Bachmann, McDonnell, and Haley would all be the longer shots. On the Democratic side, Andrew Cuomo would be the front runner, narrowly however, since there is a strong field of opponents from Sherrod Brown, Mark Warner, Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin to the young and enthusiastic Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr.

Republican Possibilities: Kasich, Walker, Scott and West would all poll in the single digits obviously. Petraeus and Cantor would have a reasonable shot at 10%. Petraeus however might have faded from public memory while Cantor may simply lack the solid backing from party leaders for a good shot.

Democratic Possibilities: If Biden were to enter the race, he would be the front runner by a good margin. However, his political weakness in Iowa may prove fatal to his campaign. If Clinton were to enter, she would also poll modestly well and would be considered a front-runner. Feingold, Pryor, Strickland, Quinn, and Bayh would all be polling single digits. Giffords on the other hand would prove a serious challenge to other candidates, though her stamina may hinder her.

Thanks to those who submitted suggestions in the last post!

Send me your feedback!

Thanks!

POLLWONK

• Upvote 2

Hey guys,

After assembling information, I am now ready to release the new and improved candidates for the 2016 Election Advanced. Here they are...

GOP:

John Thune

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

John Huntsman Jr.

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

John Kasich (ON)

Rick Scott (ON)

Scott Walker (OFF)

David Petraeus (OFF)

Allen West (OFF)

Eric Cantor (OFF)

Democratic

Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Sen. Sherrod Brown

Sen. Mark Warner

Sen. Kay Hagan

Sen. Joe Manchin

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Sen. Bob Casey Jr.

Gov. Carte Goodwin

Possibilities

Sen. Russ Feingold (OFF)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (OFF)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Candidate Standings...Thune, Rubio, and Jindal would be the three frontrunners for the 2016 GOP race with Christie, Bush, Ryan, Brown, and Huntsman Jr trailing a few points behind. Bachmann, McDonnell, and Haley would all be the longer shots. On the Democratic side, Andrew Cuomo would be the front runner, narrowly however, since there is a strong field of opponents from Sherrod Brown, Mark Warner, Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin to the young and enthusiastic Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr.

Republican Possibilities: Kasich, Walker, Scott and West would all poll in the single digits obviously. Petraeus and Cantor would have a reasonable shot at 10%. Petraeus however might have faded from public memory while Cantor may simply lack the solid backing from party leaders for a good shot.

Democratic Possibilities: If Biden were to enter the race, he would be the front runner by a good margin. However, his political weakness in Iowa may prove fatal to his campaign. If Clinton were to enter, she would also poll modestly well and would be considered a front-runner. Feingold, Pryor, Strickland, Quinn, and Bayh would all be polling single digits. Giffords on the other hand would prove a serious challenge to other candidates, though her stamina may hinder her.

Send me your feedback!

Thanks!

POLLWONK

“Candidate Standings...Thune, Rubio, and Jindal would be the three frontrunners for the 2016 GOP race with Christie, Bush, Ryan, Brown, and Huntsman Jr trailing a few points behind. Bachmann, McDonnell, and Haley would all be the longer shots. On the Democratic side, Andrew Cuomo would be the front runner, narrowly however, since there is a strong field of opponents from Sherrod Brown, Mark Warner, Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin to the young and enthusiastic Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr.

Democratic Possibilities: If Biden were to enter the race, he would be the front runner by a good margin. However, his political weakness in Iowa may prove fatal to his campaign. If Clinton were to enter, she would also poll modestly well and would be considered a front-runner. Feingold, Pryor, Strickland, Quinn, and Bayh would all be polling single digits. Giffords on the other hand would prove a serious challenge to other candidates, though her stamina may hinder her.”

Huntsman Jr. should probably be a front-runner by a substantial margin. Rubio and Jindal could make the race competitive. Trailing them should be Thune and Brown and possibly McDonnell/ Haley. Christie and Bachmannn, and Cantor should down in polls because the Social Security retirement was raised to 70.

Bush, Ryan, Petraeus probably won’t run. Walter got recalled and Feingold was elected became the governor of Wisconsin.

Bayh would little to no support. Mark Warner was defeated in a primary by Tom Perriello.

Biden couldn’t compete with Front-Runners Andrew Cuomo and Russ Feingold, so he dropped out.

Clinton “passes the torch” to Giffords, Giffords rises in the polls. Sherrod Brown, Pat Quinncompetes with Giffords for 3th place.

Strickland opts out of the race due to his age

Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin, Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr. Pryor find it hard to gain any traction as most of the support was absorbed by other candidates.

• Upvote 1

I am currently working on some technical difficulties with the game. I will post it on the scenarios page once it is completed.

Please send me a copy:

bobbyjsmithrugby@yahoo.co.uk

Elliot,

Hunstman Jr would be a frontrunner, though here is why I put him a few points behind...

a.) His moderate social views could harm him.

b.) He will be older and not quite as seasoned or in his prime

Still, I will bump him up so he is a competetive front-runner, unless something else comes up. I put Thune, Jindal, and Rubio as the front-runners because of their strong bases. The problem is I don't want to have too many front runners.

I agree that Feingold could make a comeback in the 2014 Governor's race. That's why he's included.

I added Bush because he has shown interest in running in 2016...Petraeus and Walker because they were requested.

Biden would be the front runner. Rarely does an member of the incumbent adminisitration NOT win the nomination. Biden would be in a similar predicament that George HW Bush was in during 1988.

Strickland and Quinn probably won't be added.

Here is my new ratings...

GOP:

Frontrunners...

Thune

Rubio

Hunstman Jr.

Jindal

Dark Horses...

Christie

Brown

Bush

Ryan

Petraeus

Haley

Longshots:

Bachmann

McDonnell

Kasich

Dems

Front Runners...

Biden (OFF)

Clinton (OFF)

Cuomo

Feingold

Brown

Dark Horses

Warner

Manchin

Hagan

Casey Jr.

Longshots

Gillibrand

Goodwin

“Candidate Standings...Thune, Rubio, and Jindal would be the three frontrunners for the 2016 GOP race with Christie, Bush, Ryan, Brown, and Huntsman Jr trailing a few points behind. Bachmann, McDonnell, and Haley would all be the longer shots. On the Democratic side, Andrew Cuomo would be the front runner, narrowly however, since there is a strong field of opponents from Sherrod Brown, Mark Warner, Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin to the young and enthusiastic Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr.

Democratic Possibilities: If Biden were to enter the race, he would be the front runner by a good margin. However, his political weakness in Iowa may prove fatal to his campaign. If Clinton were to enter, she would also poll modestly well and would be considered a front-runner. Feingold, Pryor, Strickland, Quinn, and Bayh would all be polling single digits. Giffords on the other hand would prove a serious challenge to other candidates, though her stamina may hinder her.”

Huntsman Jr. should probably be a front-runner by a substantial margin. Rubio and Jindal could make the race competitive. Trailing them should be Thune and Brown and possibly McDonnell/ Haley. Christie and Bachmannn, and Cantor should down in polls because the Social Security retirement was raised to 70.

Bush, Ryan, Petraeus probably won’t run. Walter got recalled and Feingold was elected became the governor of Wisconsin.

Bayh would little to no support. Mark Warner was defeated in a primary by Tom Perriello.

Biden couldn’t compete with Front-Runners Andrew Cuomo and Russ Feingold, so he dropped out.

Clinton “passes the torch” to Giffords, Giffords rises in the polls. Sherrod Brown, Pat Quinncompetes with Giffords for 3th place.

Strickland opts out of the race due to his age

Kay Hagan, and Joe Manchin, Carte Goodwin, Kirsten Gillibrand and Bob Casey Jr. Pryor find it hard to gain any traction as most of the support was absorbed by other candidates.

Hey guys,

GOP:

John Thune

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

John Huntsman Jr.

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

John Kasich (ON)

Rick Scott (ON)

Scott Walker (OFF)

David Petraeus (OFF)

Allen West (OFF)

Eric Cantor (OFF)

Democratic

Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Sen. Sherrod Brown

Sen. Mark Warner

Sen. Kay Hagan

Sen. Joe Manchin

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Sen. Bob Casey Jr.

Gov. Carte Goodwin

Possibilities

Sen. Russ Feingold (OFF)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (OFF)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Send me your feedback!

Thanks!

POLLWONK

Pollwonk,

As another possible candidate for the Democrats, what about Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She will be 49 in 2016 and is an up and coming star in the Democratic Party. In 2016 after serving a term as head of the DNC. She would come off of being chairwoman with a fairly good fundraising apparatus if she ran.

That is a very interesting suggestion. I'll probably add her unless something else comes up.

Thanks!

POLLWONK

Pollwonk,

As another possible candidate for the Democrats, what about Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She will be 49 in 2016 and is an up and coming star in the Democratic Party. In 2016 after serving a term as head of the DNC. She would come off of being chairwoman with a fairly good fundraising apparatus if she ran.

Here is the new Candidate List...

REPUBLICAN

GOP (all candidates are ON):

John Thune

John Huntsman Jr.

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

Scott Walker

John Kasich

David Petraeus

DEMOCRATIC

Sen. Russ Feingold (ON)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (ON)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (ON)

DNC Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (OFF)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON)

Here are the new standings...

GOP: Hunstman leads narrowly in the polls over Thune with Rubio and Jindal a few more points behind. Christie stands as the main darkhorse while Brown, Petraeus, Bush, and Ryan all maintain reasonable shots at the nomination. Bachmann, McDonnell, Haley, Walker, and Kasich all stand in the lower standings.

Democrats: Andrew Cuomo is the front-runner, though Giffords poses a serious challenge to his lead. Russ Feingold runs a narrow third to Giffords while Quinn, Bayh, Strickland, and Pryor all hang in the lower tier. If either Biden or Clinton is included, they will automatically take the role as the front-runner. If both are on, Biden is the narrow leader. Wasserman Schultz would have a modest amount of support, including an arsenal of crusaders.

Republican Standings (Chance that a Candidate will win the nomination)

Hunstman-24%

Thune- 15%

Rubio- 12%

Jindal- 11%

Christie-9%

Petraeus-9%

Ryan- 6%

Bush-2%

Democratic

Cuomo-27%

Feingold- 20%

Giffords-18%

Pryor-8%

Casey Jr. 2%

REPUBLICAN

John Thune

John Huntsman Jr.

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

Scott Walker

John Kasich

David Petraeus

DEMOCRATIC

Sen. Russ Feingold (ON)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (ON)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON)

Gov. Mike Huckabee should added. He would a frontrunner. He will be ready to run again by 2016.

I have a feeling Huckabee will probably be the next Hannity or Limbaugh. Not running for any office, but simply evaluating. That does give me an idea though. I'll include him on my interview list for his shows "The Huckabee Report"...and..."Huckabee"

Gov. Mike Huckabee should added. He would a frontrunner. He will be ready to run again by 2016.

I have a feeling Huckabee will probably be the next Hannity or Limbaugh. Not running for any office, but simply evaluating. That does give me an idea though. I'll include him on my interview list for his shows "The Huckabee Report"...and..."Huckabee"

former campaign manager of Mike Huckabee Ed Rollins said that Gov. Huckabee said he wants to run in 2016.

4:44-5:12

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly

This is kind of interesting, everyone. I dug up this old U.S. Presidential Election 2016 scenario back when it was still speculative, but the thread is very well researched and thought-out. Notice, however, absolutely no mention WHATSOEVER of Trump or Sanders, even as possible fringe dark horse candidates. I find that quite interesting, in retrospect.

On 5/19/2011 at 9:51 AM, POLLWONK said:

REPUBLICAN

John Thune

John Huntsman Jr.

Marco Rubio

Chris Christie

Bobby Jindal

Scott Brown

Paul Ryan

Jeb Bush

Michelle Bachmann

Bob McDonnell

Nikki Haley

Scott Walker

John Kasich

David Petraeus

DEMOCRATIC

Sen. Russ Feingold (ON)

Sen. Mark Pryor (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON

Gov. Pat Quinn (ON)

Sen. Evan Bayh (ON)

Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (ON)

Gov. Ted Strickland (ON)

Hillary Clinton as a default off. Man how times have changed. 

14 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Hillary Clinton as a default off. Man how times have changed. 

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly

This is kind of interesting, everyone. I dug up this old U.S. Presidential Election 2016 scenario back when it was still speculative, but the thread is very well researched and thought-out. Notice, however, absolutely no mention WHATSOEVER of Trump or Sanders, even as possible fringe dark horse candidates. I find that quite interesting, in retrospect.

Makes me hopeful for 2020. 

Hehe... Pat Quinn, what a disaster

7 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Hehe... Pat Quinn, what a disaster

Was he even seriously considered for president i head to look him up and he doesn't seem the presidential type

11 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Was he even seriously considered for president i head to look him up and he doesn't seem the presidential type

I doubt it.  And, if he would have tried, he would have been hammered.  As a Democrat in Illinois, he was one of the most unpopular (and most unpopular at times) governors in the country.

10 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I doubt it.  And, if he would have tried, he would have been hammered.  As a Democrat in Illinois, he was one of the most unpopular (and most unpopular at times) governors in the country.

He is running for Attorney General of Illinois right now ^^ 

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

He is running for Attorney General of Illinois right now ^^ 

Ya, I just found that out yesterday.  He's just needing a job I assume.  If elected, he'd probably just be another one of Michael Madigan's goons.

Gabby Giffords... :(

I think she would have been an excellent President. Alas, it wasn't meant to be...