270soft Forum

Rz did a great job but I'm excited for McCain's because Santorum and Roemer are absent from yours, Rz, and the polling is outdated (not that you get the blame for rapid changes in the span of 1 month), so keep up the good work McCain and if you need help let me know ASAP! I would probably leave Barbour in only "off"

4 years of an Obama Administration have left supporters of the "Change" Team wondering what's has Change? Though some progress has been made, but the economy is still sluggish, unemployment is still above 8%, Obama health care initiative remains unpopular, and the dragged-out invasion of two wars and with the Iraq war only recently came to a close after 9 years. President Obama remains fairly popular with a 50% approval rating. However conservatives are thirsting for a win and change within their party. Will the rift in the GOP lead to 4 more years of an Obama Administration or will Republican convince the nation it is time for a change?

Thanks for help Mr political btw i made some changes to your blur if you dont mine

also some meation internet ads which will be in, in my 2012 version... but really dont how rate cost making the ad and how powerfully to make it.. what backfire should b... RZ could send me your pic file am going combine yours and political guy files...

Thanks! Just space barred a game as libertarian Ron Paul. Overall, very impressed...although there was one major flaw.

Iowa went to Huckabee, while New Hampshire surprisingly went to Bachman. Immediately, Pawlenty, Daniels, and Cain all dropped. Pawlenty and Cain endorsed Huckabee, while Daniels went for Romney.

Another string of primaries, and it seems like Huckabee is in the lead (although this is just my assumption, I didn't actually check) when Huckabee suddenly dropped out of the race in mid February. Surprising, but maybe I was wrong about Huckabee's vote totals.

Bachman dropped in March, Palin was out by April...by May, it was Romney, Trump, Gingrich (in order of delegates). All of a sudden, Gingrich went on a run where he collected the last ten...maybe 15 states...all by himself. He knocked Trump out of the race.

When the dust settled on June 7th (all primaries done), Ginrich has 1176, while Romney had 1172. Crazy close, but Gingrich won!

Except...he didn't.

A week or so later, it was GINGRICH who dropped out (despite having enough delegates), giving the nomination to Romney. When the time came, Romney repayed the favor by choosing Gingrich as his VP.

Obama chose Bayh. I didn't like that, but that's a matter of personal taste and I'll just remove everyone but Biden on the democrats side.

The true campaign was back and forth for a while, with Obama finally winning re-election with 311 to 227. States were fairly distributed.

So, overall, I'm very impressed (especially considering I've previously tried to build a 2012, and was stimmied with the fact that Obama crushed any Republican, so I know how hard it is to build balance!) That said, Gingrich leaving the race after he won (and possibly Huckabee leaving while he's ahead?) definitely need looked at.

Thanks again though! Love the addition!

Also, I don't know if unions and collective bargaining should be seperate issues. Maybe change one to Libya or "Middle East unrest" or something similar?

Thanks! Just space barred a game as libertarian Ron Paul. Overall, very impressed...although there was one major flaw.

Iowa went to Huckabee, while New Hampshire surprisingly went to Bachman. Immediately, Pawlenty, Daniels, and Cain all dropped. Pawlenty and Cain endorsed Huckabee, while Daniels went for Romney.

Another string of primaries, and it seems like Huckabee is in the lead (although this is just my assumption, I didn't actually check) when Huckabee suddenly dropped out of the race in mid February. Surprising, but maybe I was wrong about Huckabee's vote totals.

Bachman dropped in March, Palin was out by April...by May, it was Romney, Trump, Gingrich (in order of delegates). All of a sudden, Gingrich went on a run where he collected the last ten...maybe 15 states...all by himself. He knocked Trump out of the race.

When the dust settled on June 7th (all primaries done), Ginrich has 1176, while Romney had 1172. Crazy close, but Gingrich won!

Except...he didn't.

A week or so later, it was GINGRICH who dropped out (despite having enough delegates), giving the nomination to Romney. When the time came, Romney repayed the favor by choosing Gingrich as his VP.

Obama chose Bayh. I didn't like that, but that's a matter of personal taste and I'll just remove everyone but Biden on the democrats side.

The true campaign was back and forth for a while, with Obama finally winning re-election with 311 to 227. States were fairly distributed.

So, overall, I'm very impressed (especially considering I've previously tried to build a 2012, and was stimmied with the fact that Obama crushed any Republican, so I know how hard it is to build balance!) That said, Gingrich leaving the race after he won (and possibly Huckabee leaving while he's ahead?) definitely need looked at.

Thanks again though! Love the addition!

Lmao, why would Gingrich drop out? Nothing that a few relations would fix, I think I set Romney & Huckabee to have a bad relationship (like real life). I'm glad that the overall general election seemed realistic, I forgot what I did to make that work. I find it so unrealistic & annoying, when polls are +5 one turn and then -10 the next, states aren't supposed to change that fast. Thank you for the great feedback!

Btw, what did you think of the GOP VP's?

• Upvote 1

am starting the inside work now with issues... here what Issues will be as i see the 2012 Election...

Abortion/same-sex marriage (I combine the two social issues cause i need room and general republican who don't support same-sex marriage don't support same-sex marriage

balance budget (need to be reworded with need economic climate

Stem Cell

Education

environment

Energy

gun Control

Health care (need to be reworded to include obama health care program)

Homeland security

Immigration

nuclear proliferation ( replace the Iran issue but need include stance on Iran and north Korea and the Russia nuclear treaty )

Afghanistan

outsourcing

Taxes (need to be reworded to include stances on all taxes)

Economy ( which will deal with job and unemployment)

social security

democracy in the middle east

War on terror

give me your feed back

am starting the inside work now with issues... here what Issues will be as i see the 2012 Election...

Abortion/same-sex marriage (I combine the two social issues cause i need room and general republican who don't support same-sex marriage don't support same-sex marriage

balance budget (need to be reworded with need economic climate

Stem Cell

Education

environment

Energy

gun Control

Homeland security

Immigration

nuclear proliferation ( replace the Iran issue but need include stance on Iran and north Korea and the Russia nuclear treaty )

Afghanistan

outsourcing

social security

War on terror

give me your feed back

Everything looks great, the only 2 issues i'm iffy about is Stem Cell and War on terror. Although they are both very important issues, are they going to be the focus around the 2012 campaign? Maybe you should reconsider and replace them with Unions and the National Debt or the Debt Ceiling, or China.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act = Obamacare

• Upvote 1

yea i was kind fighting with my self on that lmao so how this list lol

balance budget (need to be reworded with need economic and debt

China

Education

environment

Energy

gun Control

Homeland security

Immigration

Afghanistan

outsourcing

social security

unions

• Upvote 1

yea am redoing health care issues but leaving the name health care cause it lot easier than change the whole names plus it leave room to talk about other issues in context of health care

• Upvote 1

Social issues (Abortion and same-sex-marriages as one issue

(far-left)Full reproductive rights for women Only appoint pro-choice judges to Supreme Court and extend abortion rights and full recognition for Same-sex-marriages

(Left)Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and but rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal and Same-sex Marriages is a Constitutional and civil right

(Center left)Protect responsible choice. Ban partial-birth abortions except in the rare case such as in the life of the mother, rape and incest and Same-sex-marriages, as a civil unions.

(center)Keep abortion as it is. Safe, legal, and rare but restricted. Ban partial-birth expect in the case life of the mother or child and Same-sex-marriages is a state issue.

(Center-right)Allow abortion only in the case of life the mother or child, rape or incest. Ban all partial birth abortions. Marriage is between a man and a woman to the exclude of all others.

(right)Only allow abortion in cases where the mother life is at risk. Ban partial-birth abortion. Support a constitutional ban on same-sex-marriages.

(far right)ban on all abortion, make it a Federal crime to have and to preform a abortion. support over turning Roe V. Wade. Constitutional ban on Same-sex-marriages.

• Upvote 1

Balanced Budget

(Far-left)cut the deficit and debt but increase funding for social programs for the elderly and poor and cut military spending

(left)cut the deficit and debt but leave social programs intact for the elderly and poor and some cuts military

(Center left)Focus on balancing the budget but some small temporally cut in social programs.

(center)Balance the budget and No long-term deficits and cut where it will it save money.

(center right)We need to curb spending in order to balance the budget but no military cuts.

(right)Balance the budget with a large decrease in federal spending in some social programs but no military cuts

(far right)We need to eliminate all debt as quickly as possible and Balance the budget and support a Balance budget amendment.

Give me your feedback as post changes

• Upvote 1

RZ, just wanted to give you some more feedback. I haven't seen the weird "Gingrich gives up after winning" thing again. So far, I've seen Romney, Gingrich, and Huckabee win the nomination...and Gingrich (Huckabee VP) and Huckabee (DeMint VP) have each managed to actually beat Obama. Of the many 2012 scenarios I've played (including my own), this is easily the most balanced both in the primaries and the actual election. Great work! Still room for improvement as there always is, and I look forward to playing McCain's scenario too, but just wanted to say great job!

• Upvote 1

RZ, on the subject of Vice Presidents: A matter of personal taste, but I deleted all the Dem VPs except Biden. I actually included Clinton and Emmanuel in my own scenario last year, but at this point in the game, I can't see a change being made to Biden's position.

On the Republican side, I've deleted a few of the 2012 presidential contenders from the VP slots. The reason is that the game automatically adds Presidential candidates as potential VPs. I don't remember which ones you had there, but I deleted all of them except for Huckabee, Daniels, and Pawlenty as I could feasibly see them as VPs more than I could, say, Romney or Palin or Gingrich (who I see as either Presidential candidates or nothing at all).

I'm not sure about Scott Walker. The first rule of VP is "First, do no harm." Walker's been governor for exactly four months and most of that has been marked by unions camping out inside the capitol building and the legislator hiding in other states. ;c) He certainly appeals to the far right, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. For now, I'm leaving him in, but only until I come up with a few replacements.

Nikki Haley is more likely, but as a quasi-practicing Sikh, there may be some baggage there (fair or otherwise). I'll probably still leave her in, at least for now.

All of that, like I said, is just my own opinion. Things I think most of us can agree on though is that Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, and Ron Johnson simply don't have the experience. By the 2012 election, each of them will have exactly TWO years of experience. Yes, Obama did it...but the Republican cry was that he just wasn't experienced enough. Likewise, Palin's inexperience tanked McCain's half-hearted attempt as well. I'm more lenient on inexperienced governors because if they're doing particularly well, it's more feasible (especially if they govern a swing state). That said, probably 80% of your VP candidates will have less than a full term under their belt (either senate or governor) by 2012.

I'm leaving the inexperienced governors in my game for right now, until I can replace them. Give me a day or two, and I'll give you a list of feasible Republican VPs with at least one term behind them.

As an aside, I noticed in my last run through that my space-barred Ron Paul libertarian got 9.4% of the national vote. Without taking a single action, he received more votes than Ross Perot in 1996, the most successful third-party candidate since Teddy Roosevelt. ;c)

RZ, on the subject of Vice Presidents: A matter of personal taste, but I deleted all the Dem VPs except Biden. I actually included Clinton and Emmanuel in my own scenario last year, but at this point in the game, I can't see a change being made to Biden's position.

On the Republican side, I've deleted a few of the 2012 presidential contenders from the VP slots. The reason is that the game automatically adds Presidential candidates as potential VPs. I don't remember which ones you had there, but I deleted all of them except for Huckabee, Daniels, and Pawlenty as I could feasibly see them as VPs more than I could, say, Romney or Palin or Gingrich (who I see as either Presidential candidates or nothing at all).

I'm not sure about Scott Walker. The first rule of VP is "First, do no harm." Walker's been governor for exactly four months and most of that has been marked by unions camping out inside the capitol building and the legislator hiding in other states. ;c) He certainly appeals to the far right, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. For now, I'm leaving him in, but only until I come up with a few replacements.

Nikki Haley is more likely, but as a quasi-practicing Sikh, there may be some baggage there (fair or otherwise). I'll probably still leave her in, at least for now.

All of that, like I said, is just my own opinion. Things I think most of us can agree on though is that Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, and Ron Johnson simply don't have the experience. By the 2012 election, each of them will have exactly TWO years of experience. Yes, Obama did it...but the Republican cry was that he just wasn't experienced enough. Likewise, Palin's inexperience tanked McCain's half-hearted attempt as well. I'm more lenient on inexperienced governors because if they're doing particularly well, it's more feasible (especially if they govern a swing state). That said, probably 80% of your VP candidates will have less than a full term under their belt (either senate or governor) by 2012.

I'm leaving the inexperienced governors in my game for right now, until I can replace them. Give me a day or two, and I'll give you a list of feasible Republican VPs with at least one term behind them.

As an aside, I noticed in my last run through that my space-barred Ron Paul libertarian got 9.4% of the national vote. Without taking a single action, he received more votes than Ross Perot in 1996, the most successful third-party candidate since Teddy Roosevelt. ;c)

Hm interesting take. I think the candidates I listed as the GOP VP's will be the crop of candidates that run in 2016 + beyond. I personally don't see a lot of possible GOP contenders because most of the feasible ones were wiped out in 2006 + 2008. They are just rebuilding there party back up now. I think the public would have a rather a fresh face (with limited experience) than an old hag who's irrelevant. But who knows, there may be another Sarah Palin in the waiting that no one knows about. As for Ron Paul, I literally stuck him in right before I sent out the scenario to everyone because I forgot about updating the 3rd + 4th parties (Libertarian, Constitution).

• Upvote 1

yea i was kind fighting with my self on that lmao so how this list lol

balance budget (need to be reworded with need economic and debt

China

Education

environment

Energy

gun Control

Homeland security

Immigration

Afghanistan

outsourcing

social security

unions

They look great!

Education

(far-left) a massive increase in funding for public schools and absolutely no School vouchers. Education is a right and not a privilege

(left)completely fund the public school system and Modernize them with more after-school programs and no school vouchers

(center left)Support our public school system and no school vouchers.

(Center)Support public school system but allow room for a school voucher pilot program for low income student.

(Center right)Allow school vouchers for low income students. Privatize failing schools.

(right)Support school vouchers and charter schools. Public Education is a disaster, reduce the federal government role in education.

(far right)privatize all public schools and get the federal government out of education completely

Keep giving me your feedback and i still need help with china

Energy

(far left)Renewable energy all the way and totally reduce the nation dependency on coil, nuclear and foreign oil which funds our enemy.

(left)Move towards energy independence focusing mostly on renewable energy sources. Subsidize clean energy.

(Center left)Invest in clean energy and end oil company tax breaks. Cut our use oil significantly by 2025.

(center)Renewable and non-renewable energy must be equally researched

(Center right)Reduce dependence on foreign oil and increase our use of Nuclear energy. Research on some alternate energy sources.

(right)Coal and oil are our main concerns right now and open the gulf and Alaska to drilling. End dependence on foreign energy. Let private funds research alternatives.

(far Right)Norenewable energy sources. Oil and nuclear energy our are only option.

keep feed back coming

environment

(Far left)The environment and the threat of global warming should be our first national priority. increase funding for the National Park System. Large government programs to preserve our natural resources.

(Left)The environment and global warming is a major concern. Ratify Kyoto. Increase environmental regulations.

(Center left)We need to leave a healthy environment for our children. Work to reduce emissions and harmful toxins. Modified Kyoto treaty to economic needs.

(Center)Balance environmental policies with our economic needs.

(center right)The environment is important. but our economic needs come first.

(right)Global warming isnt real and our Economic policies and priorities take precedence over environmental concerns

(Far right) Global warming isnt real and the environment is fine. We dont need to worry about it