270soft Forum
appelb

Canada 2011

Noted - thanks.

Just one another small detail, and totally understand how this could be missed. For the Edmonton-Sherwood Park riding, there is actually an independent candidate running by the name of Jim Ford, who came in a very close second to Uppal last election. He is running as an almost independent conservative, over a disagreement with internal party candidate selection. It was a really close race with Uppal getting 35.84% of the votes and Ford getting 32.45. Not sure if this was the appropriate place to post, but thought it worth a look.

Hi RyanO, thanks for this. Yes, James Ford will be included, probably in the version after the next release.

Just one another small detail, and totally understand how this could be missed. For the Edmonton-Sherwood Park riding, there is actually an independent candidate running by the name of Jim Ford, who came in a very close second to Uppal last election. He is running as an almost independent conservative, over a disagreement with internal party candidate selection. It was a really close race with Uppal getting 35.84% of the votes and Ford getting 32.45. Not sure if this was the appropriate place to post, but thought it worth a look.

Issues

Afghanistan

Budget and Debt

Business Taxes

Childcare

Crime

Defence

Economy

Energy

Environment

Gun Control

Healthcare

Immigration

Libya

Parliament Reform

Personal Taxes

Provincial Powers

Quebec

US Relations

How are these for issues?

So how can I simulate the BQ collapse in the 2011 scenario? What issue(s) should they be vulnerable on?

I'll be doing a 2011 scenario for the 2008 engine. I like the latter over the current version as it's simpler to manage, play, and create scenarios for (so far).

I also feel that the far-right and far-left options are unnecessary.

So how can I simulate the BQ collapse in the 2011 scenario? What issue(s) should they be vulnerable on?

I don't know.

I think you have a few options:

-Strong rate of undecideds in Quebec ridings. For example, put the Bloc incumbent at 20% at the start.

-Use an option (don't know which one use), to put 60%-65% of the Bloc support at very weak.

But again, maybe that a good compromise will be to put Layton charisma at 4 or 5 and his stamina at 2 or 3.

For Duceppe, put lower number for him with his leadership than in the 2008 scenario. Iggy should also have weaker numbers than Dion.

In their riding, Ignatieff and Duceppe should maybe have only 3 or 4 stars.

I remember seeing an African fictional scenario was a big number of undecideds at the start. Maybe put the same thing only for Quebec.

I don't know.

I think you have a few options:

-Strong rate of undecideds in Quebec ridings. For example, put the Bloc incumbent at 20% at the start.

-Use an option (don't know which one use), to put 60%-65% of the Bloc support at very weak.

But again, maybe that a good compromise will be to put Layton charisma at 4 or 5 and his stamina at 2 or 3.

For Duceppe, put lower number for him with his leadership than in the 2008 scenario. Iggy should also have weaker numbers than Dion.

In their riding, Ignatieff and Duceppe should maybe have only 3 or 4 stars.

I remember seeing an African fictional scenario was a big number of undecideds at the start. Maybe put the same thing only for Quebec.

Nah, I know how to do it. It's using events and giving the BQ huge negatives and the NDP huge +s.

Plus I'm going to use the Government issue against the BQ with the BQ at C, the NDP at L, and the province's regions being at L (so the NDP can hit the BQ on the issue with a bonus).