270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Wisconsin Legislature 2010

This is an idea for the first state legislature idea for C4E, given current events. Anyone up to help me with this one?

• Upvote 1

Inital ideas are:

There would be two scenarios; one for the Senate and one for the Assembly.

The Senate scenario would have as its map Wisconsin divided into Senatorial Districts, whereas the Assembly scenario would thusly have Wisconsin divided into it's Assembly Districts. Big cities with more than one district (like Milwaukee) might be one region with several seats within, like most states in Federal House scenarios. A county map just doesn't work for either scenario, for obvious reasons.

There would only be the two main parties in the Senate scenario, though the Assembly scenario would have three; the two main ones, and the Independent who one a seat.

Possible issues include:

-Abortion

-Balanced Budget

-Business Tax

-Education

-Health Care

-Pension Plans

-Personal Tax

-Unions

-Welfare

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Inital ideas are:

There would be two scenarios; one for the Senate and one for the Assembly.

The Senate scenario would have as its map Wisconsin divided into Senatorial Districts, whereas the Assembly scenario would thusly have Wisconsin divided into it's Assembly Districts. Big cities with more than one district (like Milwaukee) might be one region with several seats within, like most states in Federal House scenarios. A county map just doesn't work for either scenario, for obvious reasons.

There would only be the two main parties in the Senate scenario, though the Assembly scenario would have three; the two main ones, and the Independent who one a seat.

Possible issues include:

-Abortion

-Balanced Budget

-Business Tax

-Education

-Health Care

-Pension Plans

-Personal Tax

-Unions

-Welfare

Any thoughts?

sounds great. The only concern I have is the difficulty it would be to edit the html without the editor. Do you want me to draw the map (senate) and then send it over?

• Upvote 1

sounds great. The only concern I have is the difficulty it would be to edit the html without the editor. Do you want me to draw the map (senate) and then send it over?

I'm constructing the senate map now. Should done in a day or so.

• Upvote 1

I'm constructing the senate map now. Should done in a day or so.

That'd be great, thanks. I think I've also figured out how to edit these files without an editor, as well.

• Upvote 1

That'd be great, thanks. I think I've also figured out how to edit these files without an editor, as well.

Just finished the map. Where should I send it?

• Upvote 1

Sent- how does it look?

Looks great! I imagine the Assembly map will be a bit more involved, as I think Sheboygan, Gary, and at least one other city will also need an inset there.

• Upvote 1

Looks great! I imagine the Assembly map will be a bit more involved, as I think Sheboygan, Gary, and at least one other city will also need an inset there.

Thanks! Yea, taking a quick look at the assembly map, there will have to be a few more zoom-in sections added. I think it could work though.

Back to the senate map for a sec, what else do you need help with? Not sure what time frame it can be completed but I usually do it all in one shot.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! Yea, taking a quick look at the assembly map, there will have to be a few more zoom-in sections added. I think it could work though.

Back to the senate map for a sec, what else do you need help with? Not sure what time frame it can be completed but I usually do it all in one shot.

Well, I found a good site that has both candidates that were running for each district (or if a candidate was unopposed), and the election night %'s, but do you know where to find the Sept. 15 (the nomination date) poll numbers for each? Also, who would I put as the equivalent of the Chairman of the NRSC and DCSC? Fitzgerald and Miller? Or did someone else in each actually lead the campaign?

• Upvote 1

Well, I found a good site that has both candidates that were running for each district (or if a candidate was unopposed), and the election night %'s, but do you know where to find the Sept. 15 (the nomination date) poll numbers for each? Also, who would I put as the equivalent of the Chairman of the NRSC and DCSC? Fitzgerald and Miller? Or did someone else in each actually lead the campaign?

Check this site: http://www.ourcampaigns.com/ContainerDetail.html?ContainerID=2345

What you suggested or the parties chairman( Wisconsin GOP chairman Reince Priebus, Wisconsin DEM chairman Mike Tate. Whatever works out better. Also, do you know how to label a district on both the regular map and the zoomed in map, without the editor?

• Upvote 1

Check this site: http://www.ourcampaigns.com/ContainerDetail.html?ContainerID=2345

What you suggested or the parties chairman( Wisconsin GOP chairman Reince Priebus, Wisconsin DEM chairman Mike Tate. Whatever works out better. Also, do you know how to label a district on both the regular map and the zoomed in map, without the editor?

Yes. You just label two sets of coordinates for the region's location, one under the other.

Thanks for the help! I'll let you have an advance copy once I've slogged through all the macro-language code.

• Upvote 1

Yes. You just label two sets of coordinates for the region's location, one under the other.

Thanks for the help! I'll let you have an advance copy once I've slogged through all the macro-language code.

Looking forward to it. I rarely go on congress forever because of the amount of time that goes into a single game. This should be easier and a change from the same president forever scenarios. If you need me to research any stats like population and stuff, let me know. Otherwise, I'll begin working on the assembly map.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to it. I rarely go on congress forever because of the amount of time that goes into a single game. This should be easier and a change from the same president forever scenarios. If you need me to research any stats like population and stuff, let me know. Otherwise, I'll begin working on the assembly map.

Now that you mention it, if you're up to it (at your discretion), the population and three biggest settlements (towns, cities, etc., whatever it has), for each district would be appreciated. It would take a lot of research, but since you've just done all those stats at county level for a gubernatorial scenario, probably a lot faster for you.

• Upvote 1

Now that you mention it, if you're up to it (at your discretion), the population and three biggest settlements (towns, cities, etc., whatever it has), for each district would be appreciated. It would take a lot of research, but since you've just done all those stats at county level for a gubernatorial scenario, probably a lot faster for you.

I found the primary results for each district and the general election results that you were looking for, here: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Wisconsin_State_Senate_elections,_2010

I can't seem to find accurate registered voters per district. So should I just add the Dem + Rep voters per district and the total would be that?

Here are the registered voters per county: http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/page/reg_voters_by_county_august_2010_pdf_15332.pdf

• Upvote 1

I found the primary results for each district and the general election results that you were looking for, here: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Wisconsin_State_Senate_elections,_2010

I can't seem to find accurate registered voters per district. So should I just add the Dem + Rep voters per district and the total would be that?

Here are the registered voters per county: http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/page/reg_voters_by_county_august_2010_pdf_15332.pdf

Thank-you very much! Now I need to head to work, but this discourse has been a slice! I'll start on the Senate scenario soon.

• Upvote 1

Say, another question, if you don't mind. Who would be some potential interviewers from Wisconsin who'd be of the relevance to Wisconsin Legislative hopefuls? Obviously Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman, Jay Leno, etc. (the defaults) are too high profile for that level of politics. Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Say, another question, if you don't mind. Who would be some potential interviewers from Wisconsin who'd be of the relevance to Wisconsin Legislative hopefuls? Obviously Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman, Jay Leno, etc. (the defaults) are too high profile for that level of politics. Any ideas?

Maybe the local news network? -Channel 3000, WBAY-TV Green Bay, my fox milwaukee?

Hows it coming along?

• Upvote 1

Maybe the local news network? -Channel 3000, WBAY-TV Green Bay, my fox milwaukee?

Hows it coming along?

Thanks! Done the scenario.xml file except for interviewers so far.

• Upvote 1

And, would you say Wisconsin's economy would be Poor or Very Poor at the start of the campaign?

I would say very poor, they do have a $2.2 billion deficit. lol.

• Upvote 1

I would say very poor, they do have a $2.2 billion deficit. lol.

Also when you hit the fundraising figures, lower it to a few thousand or w.e per ad. The cash on hand & fundraising has to be scaled down..

• Upvote 1

Also when you hit the fundraising figures, lower it to a few thousand or w.e per ad. The cash on hand & fundraising has to be scaled down..

I've got the total raised here by all candidates of both parties, and it's 2M+. Obama raised more than that in a day in 2008.

In other words, I see your point...

• Upvote 1

I've got the total raised here by all candidates of both parties, and it's 2M+. Obama raised more than that in a day in 2008.

In other words, I see your point...

Just curious, why did you want the primary numbers before? There is no primary in congress forever, right?

• Upvote 1