270soft Forum

President Forever 2012 Announced!

admin_270

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think 270soft is going to give up on their customers. Heck, they have been taking our recommendations and they even gave us a Beta scenario. Yes, I am tired of waiting and I am frustrated that it is taking so long.

But remember guys, Canada 2011 was released on time and so were other games. I am going to trust that 270soft will get the game in by the time the election gets rolling. :)

The reality is that it will never be released. Alternatively, if it is released, it'll be released pointlessly late and in a pointlessly error-ridden form. May as well stop trying to squeeze more blood out of the stone.

I don't think 270soft is going to give up on their customers. Heck, they have been taking our recommendations and they even gave us a Beta scenario. Yes, I am tired of waiting and I am frustrated that it is taking so long.

But remember guys, Canada 2011 was released on time and so were other games. I am going to trust that 270soft will get the game in by the time the election gets rolling. :)

The election is already rolling. :D

The reality is that it will never be released. Alternatively, if it is released, it'll be released pointlessly late and in a pointlessly error-ridden form. May as well stop trying to squeeze more blood out of the stone.

Kind of like that Election Day game (released in 2008) then?

• 4 weeks later...

Ya, progress is coming along well for P4E12. First screenshot should be out within a few days.

By the way I have suggestion: Could you make the candidates drop out sooner if they perform poorly? In the game, most of the candidates are still in the race through March and April while in real life they drop out in January and only 4 candidates left now.

I hope that we will be able to have candidates drop out before the primaries. Also, super PACs need to be added they have dominated this election. Lastly, I feel there should be more activities in a day, a candidate should be able to do two to five things in a day, and you should be able to add more to a day as you please.

Rallys would be a good addition. I tried adding it to a scenario and if they're used more than once they negatively effect the candidate in the state. Can someone explain that?

Played a game as Paul, got endorsed by Terry Branstad, John Boehner, The Des Moines Register, campaigned in Iowa since day one, got Rand and the supporters, modded it so I had more energy points, modded it so I started with a slightly higher percentage, had full foot soldiers and released two pro-Paul ads and two anti-Romney ads before Iowa and still lost (to George Pataki, who I added but by no means was a strong Iowa contender), garnering an amazing 8% of the vote.

Something is wrong here.

Also, the game is taking this long because it's going to be awesome, so do not complain.

Please note: when Beta testing starts, we will be testing General Election dynamics first. Then adding primaries.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the first pics!

Just wondering, but could you include pics of both the general election map and the primaries? :D

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't say that it wasn't funny... I laughed... It was funny yet sarcastic.

I'm saying that it would be stupid to include Justin Bieber in the game. That would ruin P4E2012's appeal... well... then again, it would certainly attract teenage girls to 270soft, wouldn't it?

Do you know what humor is?

Archived