270soft Forum
admin_270

President Forever 2012 Announced!

We might be creating a Mac version of the 2012 game. If it happens, it will be significantly after the Windows version is released. I would put the chances at 10% right now. You can sign up to be notified of new releases from our main page on the right-hand side ( http://270soft.com ).

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

270soft.com

Where gaming gets political!

Any plans for a Mac version?

Hi jerifan2004, the dates are an estimate only. I can't give a definite date at this point, beyond saying those are the current estimates and it will be done when it's done.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

is the beta going to come out on time this time? With only a month and 10 days left.. and 6 months of expecting :P

Work is progressing is pretty much all I can say as of yet. Sorry guys, this sort of stuff will start happening soon if the progress on the game engine continues as it has been the last little while.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Any teasers (screens) you can provide us with? :D

You guys might have answered this before but will the new version include the option for a jungle primary(top-two primary) for mayoral and LA,CA and WA races and/or the

option of the election outcome determined by the highest vote getter not the electoral college winner.

At this point, that's not part of it.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

You guys might have answered this before but will the new version include the option for a jungle primary(top-two primary) for mayoral and LA,CA and WA races and/or the

option of the election outcome determined by the highest vote getter not the electoral college winner.

We'll be announcing features on the blog ( http://270soft.com/blog/ ), as the Beta develops. Right now, I can say that it's based off the latest game engine.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Can you tell us a few of the new features that are planned to be in the beta version?

Hi Ayamo, no news on the date yet. I'll know better in a week or so, but my guess is a better than 50% chance it will be in April instead of March.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

So ... Q1 is slowly coming to an end? Will the beta be out by the end of March?

Well, good to hear that there is progress. You'll let us know the minute you know something?

I can't wait to play P4E2012 ... I imagine (hope) that it will be pretty awesome. :D

We'll be announcing features on the blog ( http://270soft.com/blog/ ), as the Beta develops. Right now, I can say that it's based off the latest game engine.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Do features include possibly a recount or along the lines of game changing activities not available in President Forever 2008 + Primaries?

A recount option won't be included, at least initially.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Do features include possibly a recount or along the lines of game changing activities not available in President Forever 2008 + Primaries?

I've just sent an e-mail out about this.

The estimate is Jan.-Mar. for the Beta, and Apr.-Jun. for the full release.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

I'm sure this deadline won't be met, understandably. I just hope with all this waiting that the game is highly improved, and just not new candidates.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

I sent an e-mail to all people who pre-ordered several days ago. The key part:

"This is a short update on where things stand in President Forever 2012 development. Things are starting to look very good in the President Forever 2012 game engine from a developer's perspective, as I continue work on it (and the Prime Minister Forever engine at the same time).

We initially put out a release date of Q4 2010. That did not happen, and I gave an estimate of Q1 2011. We won't make it.

This, however, is what you can expect in the next few months:

1. An initial 'minimal' Beta. I cannot say exactly when this will be released (it's obvious my past predictions haven't gotten this right).

2. Once the initial Beta is released, then, as the weeks progress, features will continue to be added to the President Forever 2012 Beta.

3. While this is happening, your feedback is highly valued. I will be posting on various features and aspects of development on the blog at 270soft ( http://270soft.com/blog/ ), where you are welcome to give your thoughts and feedback. We already have a post on candidate attributes here http://270soft.com/2011/01/26/president-forever-2012-candidate-attributes/ , for example."

If you pre-ordered, and for some reason did not receive this e-mail, please let me know ( http://270soft.com/contact/ ).

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Hi guys,

I sent an e-mail to all people who pre-ordered several days ago. The key part:

If you pre-ordered, and for some reason did not receive this e-mail, please let me know ( http://270soft.com/contact/ ).

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Congrats on the great review in the Minnesota Republic. One question though. Will the problem that was addressed in the article, be fixed in the new version?

"The problem was, after a long fought battle, almost all of the states are blue or toss up."
This happens to me every time, and is not very realistic. How is the player supposed to continue a game, when it is impossible to win?
  • Upvote 1

Congrats on the great review in the Minnesota Republic. One question though. Will the problem that was addressed in the article, be fixed in the new version? This happens to me every time, and is not very realistic. How is the player supposed to continue a game, when it is impossible to win?

I have the same problem. When Mississippi and Alabama are blue and Utah is white, something's wrong. That said, I do want to say again, I love these games and the gameplay, I'd just like to see that a bit more realistic.

I also have an idea for a potential new feature. I just recently thought of this, and I realize it might be too late to include it is you haven't already, but I'd love to see relations between endorsers and candidates like you have between candidates now. For instance, maybe Gary Herbert would have very strong relationships with Romney and Huntsman to make them favorites for his endorsement, but it be a tossup between them, or Rick Scott might have poor relations with Barbour since Barbour endorsed his primary opponent.

Because we're using a new game engine, that shouldn't happen in P4E12.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Congrats on the great review in the Minnesota Republic. One question though. Will the problem that was addressed in the article, be fixed in the new version? This happens to me every time, and is not very realistic. How is the player supposed to continue a game, when it is impossible to win?

In P4E8 we had the ability to set different starting levels for endorsers and candidates - I like the approach you outline below better.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

I also have an idea for a potential new feature. I just recently thought of this, and I realize it might be too late to include it is you haven't already, but I'd love to see relations between endorsers and candidates like you have between candidates now. For instance, maybe Gary Herbert would have very strong relationships with Romney and Huntsman to make them favorites for his endorsement, but it be a tossup between them, or Rick Scott might have poor relations with Barbour since Barbour endorsed his primary opponent.

In P4E8 we had the ability to set different starting levels for endorsers and candidates - I like the approach you outline below better.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

I also hate to spam this page with questions/suggestions, but will turnout still be pre-determined before the game begins? It would be awesome If turnout is determined by your campigns GOTV. It adds more realism to the game, as well as responsibility for winning/losing the race.

Will the "predictions" tab still exist? And how will polling be different?

• Upvote 1

Yes, turnout should be affected by GOTV.

The predictions tab won't be there.

Polling to start will be fairly similar - campaigns will have Polling Strength, however, that affects accuracy of polls.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

I also hate to spam this page with questions/suggestions, but will turnout still be pre-determined before the game begins? It would be awesome If turnout is determined by your campigns GOTV. It adds more realism to the game, as well as responsibility for winning/losing the race.

Will the "predictions" tab still exist? And how will polling be different?

Yes, turnout should be affected by GOTV.

The predictions tab won't be there.

Polling to start will be fairly similar - campaigns will have Polling Strength, however, that affects accuracy of polls.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Great! Thank you for responding.

• Upvote 1