270soft Forum
admin_270

President Forever 2012 Announced!

wasn't beta supposed to come out in October-November? I bought the game pre-release hoping I'd get to play... I'm sad now :(

I think it was something between October-December.

Maybe it will be a christmas present.

Hi Jerifan,

Beta release date is Q4 of 2010 (so, Oct. - Dec. 2010).

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

wasn't beta supposed to come out in October-November? I bought the game pre-release hoping I'd get to play... I'm sad now :(

Are there any plans to include a play by e-mail mode? It would be great if after ending your turn the game automatically generated a save and displayed a password prompt for the next player. You can PBEM at the moment, but it's very difficult not to sneak a peek at your opponent's operation, even if you're trying not to.

I will not be pre-ordering this title until PM4E-Australia 2010, a title which I pre-ordered, is officially released. After the PM4E-Australia 2010 release debacle I may never pre-order again.

any chance if they fail to post the beta before the end of the year we get a refund or money knocked off?

I pre-ordered as well, and have been a loyal customer of theoryspark since 2004. I could not agree with the above statement more. I understand you have two more weeks to release the beta, and if you do, then congrats. But Anthony, in the event you don't, do you not suppose it would be proper customer-service to at least offer a partial refund?

What is a bit unnerving is the lack of information ...

P4E and C4E must be two of the best games I have ever played and I am really looking forward to P4E2012.

But what about screens, information? How does the interface look? How is the C4E engine implemented? Any new features?

as for the customer service part I agree been in sales and cust. srvc. industry for almost 15 years and it is far overlooked how important it is to keep your base happy, especially if you fail to deliver on a promise to them..

something Mr. Obama could learn a lesson about.

Ok </end Obama rant>

I have also pre-ordered PFE2012, and would love to try out the beta immediately. However, I understand that 80soft is an independant software publisher, and may lack the resources or personel to consistantly realease their products in a punctual manner. I have devoted more time playing my theoryspark titles than any of the "big developer" games games I own; I would prefer that 80soft continues to favour quality over haste.

The beta may be slightly late, but it's not like the election is going to happen any sooner. Go easy on the little guy.

Hi everybody,

The Beta probably won't be released on time. This is my fault, and I apologize. Full refunds for pre-orders will be offered on request ( http://www.theoryspark.com/interact/contact.htm ).

I have re-worded the text so that the Beta release date says that it is an estimate.

I will send an e-mail as well regarding this within the next several days.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

Hi everybody,

The Beta probably won't be released on time. This is my fault, and I apologize. Full refunds for pre-orders will be offered on request ( http://www.theoryspark.com/interact/contact.htm ).

I have re-worded the text so that the Beta release date says that it is an estimate.

I will send an e-mail as well regarding this within the next several days.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

I guess I'll be the second one to ask. Anthony, is there any chance you could provide us with some sort of an update as to when you suspect the beta will now be released, especially given that you were able to predict several months ago that it would be out by December? Now that it actually is December, shouldn't it be easier for you to narrow down a new release date?

Just a customer eager to hear something.

I've just sent an e-mail out about this.

The estimate is Jan.-Mar. for the Beta, and Apr.-Jun. for the full release.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

I guess I'll be the second one to ask. Anthony, is there any chance you could provide us with some sort of an update as to when you suspect the beta will now be released, especially given that you were able to predict several months ago that it would be out by December? Now that it actually is December, shouldn't it be easier for you to narrow down a new release date?

Just a customer eager to hear something.

Canidates

Democratic:

Barack Obama

Russ Feingold (off)

Repubicans:

Mitt Romney

Sarah Palin

Mike Huckabee

Tim Pawlenty

Mitch Daniels

Newt Gingrich

John Thune

Rick Santorum

Haley Barbour

Ron Paul

Gary Johnson

Jon Huntsman Jr.(off)

Rudy Giuliani (off)

Michele Bachmann (off)

Jim DeMitt (off)

Chris Christe (off)

Marco Rubio (off)

Progressive:

Russ Feingold (off)

• Upvote 1

Holy smokes. 28 potential Republican candidates. It's the GOP's 1976 primary. :D

Candidate list looks wonderful. Really looking forward to get more infos and maybe a few screens in the near future. (;))