270soft Forum
admin_270

President Forever 2012 Announced!

Will we be see an expanded issue base? That is, somethings beyond a political platform. We have leadership, integrity, and experience already, what about accommodating for a candidate's religion, age, ethnicity, etc.? And, as others have expressed, it would be great to see a greater cultural demographic dynamic to the game as well. Oh, and a quick suggestion: internet ads.

• Upvote 1

Currently, we only have plans to release the game for Windows.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

Is this game only available for Windows? I now have a MacBook Pro and would love to play this game once it is released, but wanted to check.

We haven't made a decision on what tools might be available for P4E12.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

Well, if you're looking for feedback, I'd certainly be interested in having a campaign editor. :)

Will P4E12 add the possibility of a candidate who previously ran in a primary to run as an independent, i.e. Roosevelt in 1912 or Anderson in 1980?

This decision hasn't been made yet.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

Will P4E12 add the possibility of a candidate who previously ran in a primary to run as an independent, i.e. Roosevelt in 1912 or Anderson in 1980?

This decision hasn't been made yet.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

FWIW, I'd like to see this feature, but if it's included maybe there should be some sort of switch for it. Maybe the player would have the option to turn it on or off, or only certain candidates could do it. Because it would pretty crazy to have all the candidates drop out of the primaries and run as independents.

Also, I was wondering how many candidates/parties will be allowed in the new version. Will it be the same as the '08 version or more?

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new game. You guys do great work!

Can you be a little more specific about what you're referring to here? (Is this about U.S. Presidential primaries, or primaries in general?)

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

Will there be the ability to create open/jungle primaries where all the candidates are include.

And the top-two vote getters advance?

Can you be a little more specific about what you're referring to here? (Is this about U.S. Presidential primaries, or primaries in general?)

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

I want to let TheorySpark know that developing a PE12 version for either or all of Mac, iPhone, or iPad would be well worth it. The strategy game market for Mac is huge as is evidenced by the tremendous success of Football Manager, Out of the Park Baseball,

Park Baseball, Civilization, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Rise of Nations, and Star Wars Galaxy Conflict (sorry I forgot exact name but the Star Wars RTs game has done well on Mac) on Apple platforms. The Mac market has a very real interest in strategy/simulation games and this year has been a boom for Mac gaming with iPad, iPhone gaming markets rivaling mobile gaming platforms and the introduction of Valve to Macs. I feel that you guys would lose a lot of customers not going to Macs. I bought PF08 for boot camp and Campaigns Forever and will do so even if PF disappoints and does not hit macs. I am an avid political junkie, gamer, and mac user. This game and Out of the Park Developments are two of my favorite simulation games and Theory should follow OOTP developments and Valve's suit and develop for Macs. Most sincerely, Theory Spark customer Michael Lopez

Thanks for the feedback, it's noted.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

I want to let TheorySpark know that developing a PE12 version for either or all of Mac, iPhone, or iPad would be well worth it. The strategy game market for Mac is huge as is evidenced by the tremendous success of Football Manager, Out of the Park Baseball,

Park Baseball, Civilization, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Rise of Nations, and Star Wars Galaxy Conflict (sorry I forgot exact name but the Star Wars RTs game has done well on Mac) on Apple platforms. The Mac market has a very real interest in strategy/simulation games and this year has been a boom for Mac gaming with iPad, iPhone gaming markets rivaling mobile gaming platforms and the introduction of Valve to Macs. I feel that you guys would lose a lot of customers not going to Macs. I bought PF08 for boot camp and Campaigns Forever and will do so even if PF disappoints and does not hit macs. I am an avid political junkie, gamer, and mac user. This game and Out of the Park Developments are two of my favorite simulation games and Theory should follow OOTP developments and Valve's suit and develop for Macs. Most sincerely, Theory Spark customer Michael Lopez

Thanks for the feedback, it's noted.

Lets bear in mind that its entirely possible that the developers of this game consist of a handful of people with limited resources and can only reach so many customers. That said, a Mac version of this game would be great if it can get done.

As far as game mechanics go, I would like to see some way for less well known candidates have some chance at winning, not necessarily easy but a chance nonetheless. I remember playing as Russ Feingold during the primaries and that was fun, difficult but fun. Then the general election came and I had polling somewhere around 16% and could barely cling to liberal leaning endorsements. I suspect that is semi-unrealistic as almost any democrat can count on support from a handful of states as "base states" i.e. my New York / Mass polling should never be less than 20% especially for someone who isn't insanely far left.

Also it would be interesting to see some introduction of Super-delegates and being able to win them over.