270soft Forum
admin_270

President Forever 2012 Announced!

President Forever 2012, the sequel to the highly acclaimed President Forever 2008 + Primaries, has been announced!

Details:

- Beta release date est. is Q2 of 2011 (so, Apr. - Jun. 2011)

- Full release date is once Beta is complete

- includes primaries and general election

- a whole new President Forever game engine, based on Congress Forever 2010

- new features, to be detailed forthcoming

You can pre-order the game here if you want to help with Beta testing and early feedback (which has a higher chance of being incorporated into the game), and get a discount. Pre-ordering entitles you to both the Beta and full versions.

Pre-order is $19.95 (regular release price is $21.95).

Any questions, let me know.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

How exactly will this new Congress engine be applied to P4E?

Will there be numerous primary challengers for Obama (like Howard Dean, or Clinton)?

I'll wait until I hear about the new features, but I'll sure buy the game. :)

O.k this is a little too much.

We have had PMFE 2010, CFE 2010 and Australia 2010 now be released in the past 4 or 5 months, and yet not one of them complete to an acceptable level. Now we have this piled on us for an early 2011 release? I sense this as just an attemp for Theoryspark to maximise profit. Also there is zero known about the 2012 campaign, it's too far away. All we know is it will probably be a run of Obama vs Palin. As for issues and statistics, no one knows. I think the team should instead focus on finishing their curent projects before moving on to another, especially when any 2012 game will have to be based on speculation.

Looks like this will be the first new release from Theoryspark I won't be buying.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't President Forever 2008 released in late 2006? In other words, this release would be later (in terms of the length between the release and the election), so I don't see the point of this being early. However, the difference between now and 2006 was that there wasn't really another game being worked on in 2006 (except for PMF Canada 2006) like there is now.

With that said, I don't see the problem of TheorySpark working on P4E 2012 this early. Remember, they said the full release could be as late as March 2011. In other words, they are probably not 100% focused on P4E 2012 yet.

Some of you guys need to be WAY less critical of TheorySpark. It's not easy creating software, yet alone games, or games at this level. It takes time and energy.

Looking back at this forum when I joined on November 9, 2005, the community here was nowhere as critical as it is now, which is part of the reason why I don't post here and visit as much as I did before. It's sad that this board has become more of a "complaint/negative-comment box" than it was when I joined.

Also, if your not happy with what TheorySpark's games, go elsewhere or at least don't complain so much. It's not fair to those who actually are happy with TheorySpark like me.

I agree with ktitus.

By March next year, Republicans will already position themselves.

Remember, Clinton formed her exploratory committee in January 2007 and Obama filed it a few weeks earlier.

So by March, we'll propably know who will and who won't run.

And it's really not that hard to think about potential candidates.

Romney

Huckabee

Palin

Gingrich

Pawlenty

Those five are for sure, if you ask me.

Others could be Daniels, Barbour, Bolton (laughter), Christie, Thune, and so on.

Candidates are focused on midterms right now, but once they're over, candidates will be quick to announce their bid.

Why?

Because they need the time to raise money as presidential elections have become awfully expensive.

So don't complain about TheorySpark working on too many games at once.

Beta in late 2010 and release in Q1 2011 is really not that crazy.

Besides, these games don't need fancy graphics like many other games do.

And you can't really complain TheorySpark not listening to their customers.

They do.

I like the idea of releasing this "early" (like ktitus said, it's being released later than the 2008 version) because there will more choice regarding the candidates than there would be if it were released after the full line-up of candidates is fully known.

Right now, candidates such as Cheney and Bolton (i.e. candidates who are not too likely to run) could be featured in the game. They most likely would not be if it were released in about a year from now. Regardless of what you might think of them, surely the vast majority would find it fun to play as Cheney or Bolton? :P

Anyway, here's my suggestions for candidates:

Democratic:

Barack Obama (obviously)

Howard Dean (off)

Dennis Kucinich (off)

Republican:

Mitt Romney

Sarah Palin

Mike Huckabee

Tim Pawlenty

Mitch Daniels

Newt Gingrich

John Thune

Rick Santorum

Haley Barbour

Ron Paul

Gary Johnson

John Bolton (off)

Dick Cheney (off)

Independents:

Ralph Nader

Michael Bloomberg

Jesse Ventura

Hi trotsky,

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Prime Minister Forever - British 2010 and Congress Forever 2010 are both finished products. Could you please detail what about them you think isn't completed? (Congress Forever is the first detailed Congressional game of its kind ever. We are continuing to update it with election info, the last update being about 2 weeks ago.)

As for Prime Minister Forever - Australia 2010, it's still in Beta. We are finishing it first. If we had wanted to maximize short-term profit, as you're suggesting, we would have rushed it out before the election.

So, I don't quite get where this is coming from.

As for the date, as someone else here has mentioned, P4E8 was released in October 2006. That's next month, relatively. This game will be released after that. Attention usually shifts to the Presidential election basically right after the mid-terms.

O.k this is a little too much.

We have had PMFE 2010, CFE 2010 and Australia 2010 now be released in the past 4 or 5 months, and yet not one of them complete to an acceptable level. Now we have this piled on us for an early 2011 release? I sense this as just an attemp for Theoryspark to maximise profit. Also there is zero known about the 2012 campaign, it's too far away. All we know is it will probably be a run of Obama vs Palin. As for issues and statistics, no one knows. I think the team should instead focus on finishing their curent projects before moving on to another, especially when any 2012 game will have to be based on speculation.

Looks like this will be the first new release from Theoryspark I won't be buying.

No, if you pre-order you get the Beta and then the full game when it is released.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

Sorry, i'm new to this but if i was to buy the beta version, do i have to buy the game again?

Admin

I didn't think PMF2010 was completed. So I paid for what was basically an updated 2005 campiagn with just new candidates and the only real major change being the info regarding seat changes from previous election. If I remember right, myself and several other customers suggested that a way of forming coalitions AFTER the elections result. I thought this was a sure thing to happen after the actual outcome of the elections. But still no sign of that. Adding coalition talks after elections seems an obvious idea, particualary after 2 major elections in 2010 ended without a clear winner. This, and a way of forming rainbow coalitions was asked for during beta testing, and I was under the impression that we would get them.

And sorry, I know CFE 2010 is more or less done, and I like it a lot.

I agree with ktitus.

By March next year, Republicans will already position themselves.

Remember, Clinton formed her exploratory committee in January 2007 and Obama filed it a few weeks earlier.

So by March, we'll propably know who will and who won't run.

And it's really not that hard to think about potential candidates.

Romney

Huckabee

Palin

Gingrich

Pawlenty

Those five are for sure, if you ask me.

Others could be Daniels, Barbour, Bolton (laughter), Christie, Thune, and so on.

Candidates are focused on midterms right now, but once they're over, candidates will be quick to announce their bid.

Why?

Because they need the time to raise money as presidential elections have become awfully expensive.

So don't complain about TheorySpark working on too many games at once.

Beta in late 2010 and release in Q1 2011 is really not that crazy.

Besides, these games don't need fancy graphics like many other games do.

And you can't really complain TheorySpark not listening to their customers.

They do.

I don't think Christie is considering running for the presidency. Not in 2012 at least. If he were the greatest governor of all time he still wouldnt even have tackled 1/2 of the problems New Jersey has imposed upon itself. I think a 2016 bid would be somewhat likely though- he is a pretty enterprising person, and has tasted the federal level before.

I actual could easily see Christie running because, like it or not, he's a politician and very very very few of them care about solving the problems at their current level before moving up.

I wanted to add coalitions to PM4E - British 2010, but the code base was brutal. It was 5-6 year old technology, and incredibly fragile.

Admin

I didn't think PMF2010 was completed. So I paid for what was basically an updated 2005 campiagn with just new candidates and the only real major change being the info regarding seat changes from previous election. If I remember right, myself and several other customers suggested that a way of forming coalitions AFTER the elections result. I thought this was a sure thing to happen after the actual outcome of the elections. But still no sign of that. Adding coalition talks after elections seems an obvious idea, particualary after 2 major elections in 2010 ended without a clear winner. This, and a way of forming rainbow coalitions was asked for during beta testing, and I was under the impression that we would get them.

And sorry, I know CFE 2010 is more or less done, and I like it a lot.