270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reagan 43

Offbeat Question/Idea on debates

First, I want to say how awesome it is to be able to spout off ideas here and know that someone's actually reading them from the game developers.

Offbeat question / idea.

I was looking at my other presidential election games and I've always wanted to ask this - why don't you reformulate debates for PF forever? Make them interactive?

Example -

1) Do you support abortion?

(a) Yes, I support abortion in all cases, it is a woman's right!!!

( B ) I support abortion but I'm squishy on the finer points (anti-abortion for third trimesters etc)

© I'm pro-life but I'm open to legalising first trimester abortions

(d) I am totally pro-life because it's murder!!!

(e) Undecided

Attach values to each answer (or some such) and maybe create a way for there to be interactive debates that could swing a presidential election. The players could create up to 10 questions in a scenario.

I don't know, I'd have to develop this idea a little more in my head if you're interested and figure out how it could be done.

I understand you're dealing with a heavy load so take your time on responding if you find this idea interesting at all.

Thanks for the games and hopefully this feedback is somewhat interesting.

Hi Reagan 43,

There are a few thoughts that occur initially to me:

1. The game is played from a strategic viewpoint, not a low-level tactical point of view. So this would change the feel of the game.

2. What's the gameplay, and what's the player's strategy in answering questions?

3. What's the difference between answering questions like below, and selecting your issue position (which is already in the game)?

Those are the initial ideas I have.

Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

First, I want to say how awesome it is to be able to spout off ideas here and know that someone's actually reading them from the game developers.

Offbeat question / idea.

I was looking at my other presidential election games and I've always wanted to ask this - why don't you reformulate debates for PF forever? Make them interactive?

Example -

1) Do you support abortion?

(a) Yes, I support abortion in all cases, it is a woman's right!!!

( B ) I support abortion but I'm squishy on the finer points (anti-abortion for third trimesters etc)

© I'm pro-life but I'm open to legalising first trimester abortions

(d) I am totally pro-life because it's murder!!!

(e) Undecided

Attach values to each answer (or some such) and maybe create a way for there to be interactive debates that could swing a presidential election. The players could create up to 10 questions in a scenario.

I don't know, I'd have to develop this idea a little more in my head if you're interested and figure out how it could be done.

I understand you're dealing with a heavy load so take your time on responding if you find this idea interesting at all.

Thanks for the games and hopefully this feedback is somewhat interesting.