270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

Prime Minister Forever - Australia 2010 Pre-Orders Now Available!

Hi everybody,

You can now pre-order Prime Minister Forever - Australia 2010! The advantages are:

- you get a discount at $14.95 US (instead of $19.95 when released)

- get the game before anyone else - if you pre-order, you get the Beta significantly before the game is released, and then receive updates as the Beta moves towards official launch, and then get the game sent to you once it's officially launched

- you get to give feedback earlier, which means a greater chance of it being implemented

Questions:

Q: When will it be released?

A: Beta (for people who pre-order) will probably be released in July. Official release (also sent to people who pre-order) probably in October.

Q: Will it feature the new Congress Forever game engine?

A: Yes, PM4E Australia 2010 is the first Prime Minister Forever game to build on the new Congress Forever 2010 game engine.

Q: Which scenarios will it feature?

A: It will have 2010, 2007, and 2004. 2010 will be updated in the run-up to the Australian election.

You can get the game (pre-order) here.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

Hi,

Just wondering if this title will be released before the election which will be held in 14 days. Half the fun of playing the game is lost post election.

What happened to this being released late July. Any idea when the beta will be ready. The Australian Election is the only one i haven't downloaded yet.

Thanks for the email re: beta to all those who pre-ordered. So, where is the beta? To make it fair for all fans of your products please release President Forever 2012 after the election. Somehow I can't imagine that happening.

I really do appreciate a northern hemisphere based business releasing a game based on a southern hemisphere election but the late release of the game has left a bad taste in my mouth. However, I do appreciate the honesty in your communication and the absence of spin that other businesses might use.

Thanks for the email re: beta to all those who pre-ordered. So, where is the beta? To make it fair for all fans of your products please release President Forever 2012 after the election. Somehow I can't imagine that happening.

I really do appreciate a northern hemisphere based business releasing a game based on a southern hemisphere election but the late release of the game has left a bad taste in my mouth. However, I do appreciate the honesty in your communication and the absence of spin that other businesses might use.

There's still three days until the election.

In defense of Theory Spark, I think they may have been blindsided by the calling of an early election by the Australian PM. That simply did not leave them enough time for them to create the first PM game on the new game engine. It sort of stinks that the game will be released after the election, but better it be right and late than sloppy and early.

I frankly was surprised that the Australian PM called an early election, thinking it would have made more sense for her to establish her credentials on the job and then drop the writ when it likely would have been dropped anyway, in October. I think she's taking a real gamble, but it looks like it might pay off.

Keith

Yes, this is exactly what happened.

The first blog post on this said:

"We are now working on Prime Minister Forever – Australia 2010, to be released late summer or early fall of 2010."

http://theoryspark.com/blog/2010/06/16/australia-2010-election-game-announced/

(I altered the P.M.'s name in the post, after Gillard was elected.)

We are exactly on track to do that. When I wrote that, I thought that would give us lots of time. It is impossible to foresee the circumstances which led to the election being called for August.

As detailed in our e-mail to people who pre-ordered, we will issue a refund to anyone who pre-ordered and requests one.

Anthony Burgoyne

In defense of Theory Spark, I think they may have been blindsided by the calling of an early election by the Australian PM. That simply did not leave them enough time for them to create the first PM game on the new game engine. It sort of stinks that the game will be released after the election, but better it be right and late than sloppy and early.

I frankly was surprised that the Australian PM called an early election, thinking it would have made more sense for her to establish her credentials on the job and then drop the writ when it likely would have been dropped anyway, in October. I think she's taking a real gamble, but it looks like it might pay off.

Keith

Note: the Beta, v. 1.0.0, has now been released to people who pre-ordered. If you pre-ordered and didn't receive an e-mail, please contact us ( http://www.theoryspark.com/interact/contact.htm ).

Anthony Burgoyne

Hi Anthony,

I've started playing this beta version, there are alot mistakes with candidates. Also will there be more than four parties in the final version?

Where or how can I help in improving it?

Here:

http://80soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11098

Anthony Burgoyne

Hi Anthony,

I've started playing this beta version, there are alot mistakes with candidates. Also will there be more than four parties in the final version?

Where or how can I help in improving it?

Hi I have just pre-ordered but haven't been sent an invite into the beta yet.

Edit: I found if I asked for all the links to be emailed out the PM Aus one went out with it, but the email sent out after a pre-order doesn't come with a link to download.

Andy