270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Senate 2006

Carrying on this idea on this forum from this thread: http://80soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10988

I've gotten a decent start, having done the scenario, issues, and parties files. However, though I've added Connecticut for Lieberman as a party, it won't show on the initial scenario screen as an option to play when I test it. Any idea what could be wrong?

• Upvote 1

I know scenarios exist for Senate 2006 and Senate 2008 using PM4E.

Any chance you could merge them with the format used in the Senate 2010 scenario for Congress Forever?

I'd especially love to see the 2006 year developed (maybe merging Sanders and Lieberman as Independents to keep things simple).

I know scenarios exist for Senate 2006 and Senate 2008 using PM4E.

Any chance you could merge them with the format used in the Senate 2010 scenario for Congress Forever?

I'd especially love to see the 2006 year developed (maybe merging Sanders and Lieberman as Independents to keep things simple).

This scenario hasn't been forgotten. I plan to give it some work soon, and I'll likely draw on the data in the PM4E scenario to make things easier. However, I'm likely going to make Lieberman and Sanders two seperate parties, as Liberman's quite centrist, whereas Sanders is quite far to the left.

• Upvote 1

I've done some more work on this one; I've finished the scenario.xml, issues.xml, and parties.xml files, and up to and including Louisiana in the political_units.xml file, and hope to be done in reasonable time. Just to be fair (in a partisan sense), since this election was the taking of the Senate by the Democrats after 12 years in minority status, I plan to also do the election where the Republicans did the same feat: 1994. Since it was exactly 12 years previously, converting this scenario to that one may actually be fairly easy; the same seats will be up for grabs. Anyways, does anyone still active actually have C4E and an interest in trying this one when it's completed?

I've done some more work on this one; I've finished the scenario.xml, issues.xml, and parties.xml files, and up to and including Louisiana in the political_units.xml file, and hope to be done in reasonable time. Just to be fair (in a partisan sense), since this election was the taking of the Senate by the Democrats after 12 years in minority status, I plan to also do the election where the Republicans did the same feat: 1994. Since it was exactly 12 years previously, converting this scenario to that one may actually be fairly easy; the same seats will be up for grabs. Anyways, does anyone still active actually have C4E and an interest in trying this one when it's completed?

I do, and i'd love too

Great to see the support! Just leave your e-mail addresses on this thread and I'll send you all copies when it's complete.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2010 at 2:36 AM, Patine said:

Carrying on this idea on this forum from this thread: http://80soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10988

I've gotten a decent start, having done the scenario, issues, and parties files. However, though I've added Connecticut for Lieberman as a party, it won't show on the initial scenario screen as an option to play when I test it. Any idea what could be wrong?

Have you ported this to CI?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Have you ported this to CI?

Partially. Porting is an incorrect word. It's 80% redoing. But finishing it is in the cards. It, along with the 1854-1862 House elections are the highest priority US Federal scenarios of mine at this time for CI.