270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
normanwisdomii

Rainbow Coalitions

Would it ever be possible to form a coalition with more than one party. I have tried a (realistic) Lab-Lib-Plaid-SDLP-Alliance coalition but I am only allowed to choose one of these. Is there a way I can remove the cap on alliances?

I pitched this idea to Theoryspark in the PM4E 2010 suggestion page a while back. Nothing came of it though. I stiall say it's an awesome idea. Go to the general section and find the PM4E 2010 feature suggestions post and ask there, I would love to see this happen.

Totally agree. The current system when the Queen selects the party with slightly more seats is ludicrous. As Labour i can never form with the Liberals because they are 'already in a coalition'.

Yeah many times I've been beaten by the rival party, but could easily have joined with another party to form a majority government. Current negotiations show how important this is

You can have multi-party alliances, but I think only if they are set up in the scenario data.

Eg, in party_relations you could put

Labour

SDLP

Labour

Liberal Democrat

Labour

SNP

etc

SDLP

Liberal Democrat

or

SNP

SDLP

are probably not necessary because they are each linked individually to biggest party in the alliance which is added to to judge victory. You might want to add links between every party in the coalition if you want to be sure they won't attack each other.

For the Rainbow coalition you would also need to add

Labour

Alliance Party (NI) [Liberals' coalition partner]

I think but am not sure that if you broke one of these alliances in-game you would not be able to renew it, because of the 2 party limit.