270soft Forum
admin_270

Prime Minister Forever - British 2010 Feature Suggestions

Announcement: I plan to create a new ridings_data file to reflect the actual results of the election. I will release this publicly so that either modders or TheorySpark can use it.

How will you represent that candidate in Thirsk and Malton who tragically and unfortunately passed away during the election camapign, delaying results until the 27th.

How will you represent that candidate in Thirsk and Malton who tragically and unfortunately passed away during the election camapign, delaying results until the 27th.

I think either don't include the constituency or just put in the candidates as is (with the new UKIP candidate once the results come in).

I have compiled my updated files. They are at the post above: http://80soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10961&view=findpost&p=177989

I'll put them in there and make sure to send these to 80soft.com.

I'll also put in the party logo and party leader image requests.

I'll also change the Veritas and Respect Party names to Alliance for Democracy-TUV and Respect-TUSC.

Also, Endorsers will be changed:

The Herald, the Daily Star, and the Western Mail will be eliminated and replaced by:

The Economist ©

The Observer (CL)

The Daily Record (CL)

I'm also replacing the Countryside Alliance with the TaxPayers' Alliance, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

I like those endorsers. My amended files are now available to download.

Here are some game features that would be present in an ideal world:

1. Scenarios use .PNG files for graphics as an alternative to .BMP files, which are quite large for maps and so forth.

2. A way to specify which small parties would support which large parties in case of hung parliament, even if they're not in coalition. For instance, if at the moment your game ends with 45 Right Party MPs, 40 Left Party MPs and 15 Far Left Party MPs, there should be some way to tell the game that the Left Party might get the support of the Far Left Party. Maybe not in the usual Westminster System, but other times.

I like those endorsers. My amended files are now available to download.

Here are some game features that would be present in an ideal world:

1. Scenarios use .PNG files for graphics as an alternative to .BMP files, which are quite large for maps and so forth.

2. A way to specify which small parties would support which large parties in case of hung parliament, even if they're not in coalition. For instance, if at the moment your game ends with 45 Right Party MPs, 40 Left Party MPs and 15 Far Left Party MPs, there should be some way to tell the game that the Left Party might get the support of the Far Left Party. Maybe not in the usual Westminster System, but other times.

There are two files which could be used already - party_relations and primary_to_secondary (when it's included).