270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
French conservative

Polish scenario ?

Hi everyone,

In honor of today's tragedy for Poland, I think it would be a great honor for this country to do together, with all the people who knows how to create great scenarii, a scenario about the coming and necessary Presidential Election, in memory of President Kaczynski and all those great Polish leaders who died today.

What do you guys would think of that ?

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of this today. You know how I was thinking of doing an Eastern European country election some time. With the European elections I've still to do, as advised from a poll, I wouldn't be able to do it on my, but as a side project, in a team or duo, I would definetely consider it.

I could help out, though I'd have to research or be filled in on current Polish politics. Will this be for P4E+P08, or will some way be worked to use C4E?

Hi MiHao that's great ;-) sorry for what happened ...

For everyone, the idea that I was proposing was to do it with as much people as possible you knwo... to show that fans of P4E did something for this terrible event...

• Upvote 1

I'm not completely wised up on making scenarios on PFE (xml files), but I can certainly make a map for it, as well as logos.

Hi MiHao that's great ;-) sorry for what happened ...

For everyone, the idea that I was proposing was to do it with as much people as possible you knwo... to show that fans of P4E did something for this terrible event...

Thank you very much for respect you shown to my country's tragedy. Let me know on PM what information you need and I will prepare it, though I'm afraid in some points main themes of Polish politics are too different to be understandable for people from countries of totally different historical and political environment.

• Upvote 1

MiHao, can you help find national newspapers and regional newspapers for endorsers? Also to both users, how many electoral votes should each region have?

I have finished the map, and I'll send it to your email Frenchconservative.

I also have co-ordinates for all the regions. I'm not sure if you want the region names in their traditional Polish language or in English, as shown below:

Lower Silesian (dolnośląskie) 110,223

Kuyavian-Pomeranian (kujawsko-pomorskie) 191,106

Lublin (lubelskie) 361,203

Lubusz (lubuskie) 80,150

Łódź (łódzkie) 234,200

Lesser Poland (małopolskie) 268,313

Masovian (mazowieckie) 288,140

Opole (opolskie) 177,266

Subcarpathian (podkarpackie) 343,301

Podlaskie (podlaskie) 360,94

Pomeranian (pomorskie) 178,38

Silesian (śląskie) 228,261

Świętokrzyskie 283,258

Warmian-Masurian (warmińsko-mazurskie) 271,60

Greater Poland (wielkopolskie) 137,151

West Pomeranian (zachodniopomorskie)90,74

Thanks ! that's great !

for the names it would be pretty easy to do both version... For example we can do all the work with english names (easier for us who do not speak polish) and then when all the work is done changing the names (political parties and regions) to have original names...

MiHao, to be honest I was truly touched by this because well I "lived" in Poland (to study the country) for a month, I have polish friends living in france and poltically I followed a litlle polish politics because well I liked a lot President Kaczynski for all he did in the European politics. And I know they are not from the same party but I also like Donald Tusk. I wish in France we could have leaders like those two people. And even if I don't like President Sarkozy, I would be destroyed if this would happen to him and all our major leaders, a terrible tragedy. sad.gif

However you are probably right about the themes... We could give ideas but you are in the best place to tell us what is happening in details on issues. Would you be interested to work on those issues ?

• Upvote 1

MiHao, can you help find national newspapers and regional newspapers for endorsers? Also to both users, how many electoral votes should each region have?

Endorsers:

National media

TVP - right [state-owned television network, under Law and Justice control]

TVN centre [the biggest private TV network, very influential and very supportive to ruling Civic Platform]

Gazeta Wyborcza centre/centre-left (major) [the biggest daily newspaper]

Dziennik centre right (major) [newspaper]

Rzeczpospolita centre right (major) [newspaper]

Trybuna far left [minor, in the past it was press organ of Polish communist party, it has bankrupted in Dec 2009]

Weeklies:

Polityka centre/centre left

Newsweek centre right

Wprost right

Tygodnik Powszechny right [centrist Catholic weekly]

Gazeta Polska far right (minor)

NIE far left (minor)

Krytyka Polityczna left (minor) [considerably little, but very influential among politicians of the Left]

The three below are part of Catholic priest father Tadeusz Rydzyks little media empire (heavily influent about 2-5% of the most conservative, very disciplined voters (he supports Law and Justice, though this alliance strained and he could switch sides to support PSL or one of minor far-right parties):

Radio Maryja far right (minor) [radio station]

Nasz Dziennik far right (minor) [newspaper]

TV Trwam far right (minor) [TV station]

I would also add certain people as possible endorsers

Lech Walesa centre right [the first democratic president]

Wladyslaw Bartoszewski centre right [iIWW hero and very experienced politician]

Wlodzimierz Cimoszewicz centre left [he is much like McCain for the Left, popular and very independant outsider]

Father Tadeusz Rydzyk far right [he controls little media empire I mentioned before]

Stanislav Cardinal Dziwisz centre right [the closest aide of Pope John Paul II, close to Civic Platform]

Slawoj Leszek Bishop Glodz right [the most powerful supporter of Law and Justice in Polish Episcopal Conference, Catholic Churchs state administration]

Zbigniew Religa centre right [father of Polish cardiology and politician, though he passed away in 2009]

Leszek Balcerowicz centre right [father of Polish free market transformation]

Social organizations and think tanks (only few to mention, this list can be much longer)

Solidarity Trade Union left [supports Law and Justice]

All-Poland Alliance of Trade Unions far left [supports the Left]

July 80. Trade Union far left [much smaller than the two above, but the most radical]

Business Centre Club far right [the biggest employers union, mostly middle-size companies]

Adam Smith Institute far right [think tank, very liberal views about economics policy]

Jan III Sobieski Institute centre right [economic think tank which supports PiS]

Regarding to local endorsers, local media in Poland are very weak (except of few), I think we would better use local social organizations (Gdansk Shipyard workers trade union, local bishops etc.).

Provinces by number of Sejm mandates:

Lower Silesian (dolnośląskie) - 34

Kuyavian-Pomeranian (kujawsko-pomorskie) - 25

Lublin (lubelskie) - 27

Lubusz (lubuskie) - 12

Łódź (łódzkie) - 31

Lesser Poland (małopolskie) - 39

Masovian (mazowieckie) - 61

Opole (opolskie) - 13

Subcarpathian (podkarpackie) - 26

Podlaskie (podlaskie) - 15

Pomeranian (pomorskie) - 26

Silesian (śląskie) 56

Świętokrzyskie - 16

Warmian-Masurian (warmińsko-mazurskie) - 18

Greater Poland (wielkopolskie) - 40

West Pomeranian (zachodniopomorskie) - 21

Though political parties are required to pass the election threshold of 5%, German Minority isn't required and they usually get two mandates (in 2007 they got only one) in Opole province.

I have finished the map, and I'll send it to your email Frenchconservative.

Did you use map of provinces or map of constituencies (like here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Poslowie_Barry_Kent.PNG, though I suppose some constituencies are too small to be "clickable")? I think both of variants would be fine, though constituencies division would make it possible to profile local platform better (differences between rural-town areas and the biggest cities are very big, some parties are very strong in one area while virtually doesn't exist in the second).

I also have co-ordinates for all the regions. I'm not sure if you want the region names in their traditional Polish language or in English, as shown below:

I would suggest using English names, I think it's more understandable, and some computers can be unable to show letters typical only for Polish alphabet.

MiHao, to be honest I was truly touched by this because well I "lived" in Poland (to study the country) for a month, I have polish friends living in france and poltically I followed a litlle polish politics because well I liked a lot President Kaczynski for all he did in the European politics. And I know they are not from the same party but I also like Donald Tusk. I wish in France we could have leaders like those two people. And even if I don't like President Sarkozy, I would be destroyed if this would happen to him and all our major leaders, a terrible tragedy. :(

Thank you very much for your kind words and consideration!

Indeed, President Kaczynski was very assertive towards European Union. I'm very surprised to see a French who likes him! I remember how desperated President Sarkozy was :D Though I bet you wouldn't like to have leaders like Kaczynski brothers and Donald Tusk in the same time! Since 2005 Polish politics is area of permanent, very brutal war with absolutely no space for bi-partisan dialogue and with mainstream media clearly siding with one side.

However you are probably right about the themes... We could give ideas but you are in the best place to tell us what is happening in details on issues. Would you be interested to work on those issues ?

Possible issues (only to mention, I will need some time to detail it):

Abortion

In vitro fertilization

Lustration (research if someone cooperated with communist secret police, accusation of being “secret personal source of information” is one of the most popular weapons in Polish politics)

Semi-sex unions

Drugs

Capital punishment

Immigration

Gender equality

Constitution amendment

One-seat constituencies

System of financing political parties

Labour law

Privatization of state-owned enterprises

Rememberence policy

Central Anti-Corruption Bureau affair

Health care reform (commercialization of healthcare)

Membership in Euro zone

European constitution/Lisbon Treaty

Relations with Russia

Relations with Ukraine

Relations with EU

Anti-missile shield

North Stream pipeline

War on terror (missions in Iraq and Afghanistan)

State-Church relations

Gambling affair

To be clear, are we talking about 2005, 2007 or incoming 2011 parliamentary elections?

Excellent work on the issues and endorsers. Only 18 of those issues would be needed. The game only works up to 70 constituencies, so it wouldn't work with a Poland consituency map, and they would probably be too small anyway. As Frenchconservative said, this is for the coming 2010 election. I think I'll make a start on making the right sizes of party logos. Any ideas for candidates?

All of this is an incredibly great work guys !!

I'll start putting all of this together I hope tomorrow... At worst on thursday.

MiHao, as treasurer of the PC said, we can only put 18 issues in the game... What are the ones you prefer and think are the most important ?

I think personnaly that the less important are the following (but I can totally be entirely wrong on that) :

Relations with Ukraine

Gender equality

Rememberence policy

System of financing political parties

Immigration

Constitution amendment

Those two could probably be put together in the same issue about the EU :

Membership in Euro zone

European constitution/Lisbon Treaty

Those two could probably also be put together in the same issue :

Abortion

In vitro fertilization

Like that we should have just 18 issues... But it's just proposition you are the best one to tell us which issues are the most important

• Upvote 1

Okay I began the work ... I have to rework a little the map (region borders are not "strong" enough).

Starting date, I'm thinking April 20th... April 10th seems really really bad to take so I won't pick this date...

The election date is like in reality for june 20th.

No primaries allowed. just two months of campaigning...

It happens most times with my maps. I use photoshop to refine and check the borders, and some almost black squares go astray, and I'm only able to notice any breaks until I can see it in the game. I really do check though, that there are no breakages, but it always happens!

Don't worry i will correct them ;)

I think the problem is because you create your file in JPEG, and I have to transform it in bitmap to make it work with the game. This transformation is probably the reason of the problem with borders.

French Conservative,

I still have my Poland map and it is in bitmap. I've had this problem before, I have sent files via yahoo mail and they have come out as JPEG on the receiver's side. I'll take a look why this is happening, or I'll be using a different email server.

I think the map, once changed to jpeg, turns out looking more pixelated and less clean looking. So I'll need to send it again tomorrow.

I think the map, once changed to jpeg, turns out looking more pixelated and less clean looking. So I'll need to send it again tomorrow.

that's my problem. If you know how to fix the sendings, I'd save lots of work ;)