270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
liberalkid

Simon, 84, and student council

First, is it even possible to win the 1988 Democratic Primary as Simon? Either I suck or it's impossible.

Two, Can ANY Democrat win in 1984?

Three, does anyone know how the student council project was going?

And Finally (and i really would care to know this) what are strategies you use, whether you're the frontrunner or underdog in both the primaries and in the GE?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

1. Put footsoldiers in all early states.

2. Wait till you have enough money, and use national ads.

3. Profit?!?!?

Footsoldiers are the key; that's my opinion. I also think barnstorming does essentially nothing. Footsoldiers, ads, and (to a lesser degree) national momentum count. What I like to do is, in the general election, run a steady stream of low-level ads in the two-thirds of states that are reasonable for me to win. If I have enough left, at the very end, I'll run high-level ads nationwide. If I'm reasonably well positioned, sometimes I skip the low-level blanket ads and just save up for three national television ads at the very end, which usually creates a major swing my way on Election Day.

You can definitely win as a Dem in 1984, you just gotta use a lot of footsoldiers and a few national ads, I've managed to win '84 with a few different candidates.

Here's my scenario where I won as Gary Hart.

Hartwins1984.jpg

Granted, it's a narrow win, but a win nonetheless. I picked Lloyd Bentsen as my running mate.

How in the world did you win as Simon? I did everything: Had a constant surge of foot soldiers in Iowa, was running ads with a power of 7, had a +18 momentum in Iowa, and was only campaigning there. I couldn't get above 3.5%. I even had all of the Democratic governors' endorsements! I couldn't move the needle at all...