270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hcallega

1972 Presidential Election

My Campaigns forever has broken, but I want to help make 1972 a reality. I know a lot about the race, and I would love to help make this thing work. Please if anyone is interested post here! Let's do this thang!

Ok, let's do this thing. What are the issues?

I have a few suggestions:

Law & Order

Vietnam

Soviet Union

China

Israel

Inflation

Taxes

Government Size

Civil Rights

Poverty

Education

Health Care

ERA

Ok, let's do this thing. What are the issues?

I have a few suggestions:

Law & Order

Vietnam

Soviet Union

China

Israel

Inflation

Taxes

Government Size

Civil Rights

Poverty

Education

Health Care

ERA

Also Abortion, Cities, Rural Issues, Arms Limitations, and Counter Culture. These should cover it. Thank you for jumping in on this, and let's keep it up! I have a lot of good print resources for candidates positions on the issues, so I can be very helpfull with that.

I'd probably suggest rather than starting from scratch, using Electric Monk's 1968 scenario as a basepoint to build upon.

I'd probably suggest rather than starting from scratch, using Electric Monk's 1968 scenario as a basepoint to build upon.

That's exactly what I'm doing, Patine! :D

I'm almost done with the issues and I've already removed the 1968 candidates that didn't run in 1972. I'll soon start to include the new candidates and fix dates, issue standings etc. I'm guessing the most difficult part for me will be the percentages, I always get mixed up with them when I try to do scenarios.

(And I must say, I would have been a lot more advanced on this scenario if it wasn't Carnaval week here in Brazil. Not because I'm going on parades and such, but because the work load at my job is heavier these days since half the staff is off for the week)

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask, I actually half-finished a 72 scenario before I switched to Windows 7 and lost it