270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

Recounts

Ok. Recounts come to mind...in some scenarios I've played, some states come down to less than a hundred votes out of hundreds of thousands cast...is there some way recounts can be instituted? Because I've seen games with three or four states that came down to .1% or closer, and there would, IRL, be recounts in these cases. Is there some way a recount option could be included in the game?

I total agree with you Taft. Recounts should be a and added option. But you sould have some extra money (say half-million for a small state(3-7 EV); 1 million for regular state (8-19 EV) & 1.5 million to 2 million in a super sized state (20+ EV) saved after electon night to help you through the recount process or have your lawyers have a legal defense fund for recounts.

Well, here's an idea:

You and the major computer players can announce recount calls after the results close. However, you take hits for calling for them, and the AI acts like this. Make it a one-shot deal or two-shot deal, but essentially force the player to balance going for the win against winning under bad circumstances. While most will choose the win over a possible loss, it would add an extra dynamic...especially if the computer player was able to get some challenges blocked on the grounds of you calling for too many.

Just an idea there.

Oh, and a follow-up: This would neutralize the exploit of running $30-40 million more than you have in the bank in the way of ads on the last day. You'd need that money in case it was close.