270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gopprogressive

Redone UK scenarios

Actually 2005 could use some endorser changes. I'm going to make the Express centrist and open, while the Sun will be leaning Labour though centre-right.

What other endorsers should I add? I'd like to add some more CR endorsers to show that Britain's newspapers aren't quite as left-wing as the standard scenario implies.

And how many should I add? I was thinking about 5 more.

• Upvote 1

Britain really only has three newspapers that are in any way left-wing: Guardian, Independent, Mirror. The others should all be either centre-right or right, except that the Financial Times should be centre. You can add the Sundays, while excluding the pretty pathetic Observer and Independent on Sunday. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom#UK_national_daily_newspapers

UK 1992 is finished.

I'll add about 4 more endorsers to 2005 and it should be ready.

Then on to 1997.

May I have the updated 1992 and 2005, please? You know my e-mail address.

I played your revised 1979 UK GOP, and I certainly like it. Has anyone cracked it yet, winning with Callaghan, yet alone getting a majority? Well, I did better on this 2nd attempt, but no joy. I won both midlands regions quite comfortably along with North and West Yorkshire, this helped me to expand the campaign down south and in Scotland. Birmingham and Liverpool I was honestly ahead in, in the last week, but I end up losing by 1 seat in Liverpool and Lancashire, and by 4 seats in the other. North East Scotland, I only lost by a higher percentage as Labour and the Tories with an equal 15 seats. Got endorsed by the Times and the Sun and all the others that had favoured Labour from the start. I had enough CP's to win over Western Mail but had no time for the Evening Standard. But to no avail.

lab79callaghan.jpg

It is possible to send it for me also?

My e-mail is: matvail2002@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Mail is undeliverable guys, sorry. I do promise that they will be attached to the scenarios page sometime.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only person who thinks your 2005 scenarios (although fun to play) have been bias against Tony Blair. It was his historic third victory and he had a commanding lead throughout winning a workable majority in the end. In every 2005 scenario I've Blair has had the same amount of PIP's and CP's as Michael Howard !? and nearly always falls short of a majority no matter how hard I try.

I think if it was ever revised Blair should have 7 CP's, a centrist Sun leaning towards him, strong Economic factors and momentum on 'Tax and Spend'.

Am I the only person who thinks your 2005 scenarios (although fun to play) have been bias against Tony Blair. It was his historic third victory and he had a commanding lead throughout winning a workable majority in the end. In every 2005 scenario I've Blair has had the same amount of PIP's and CP's as Michael Howard !? and nearly always falls short of a majority no matter how hard I try.

I think if it was ever revised Blair should have 7 CP's, a centrist Sun leaning towards him, strong Economic factors and momentum on 'Tax and Spend'.

I'll consider that, but I have won in a massive landslide as Blair on numerous occasions. And Howard has a total CP of 6, while Blair has 7 CP's. And I have won the Sun leaning towards him.

Here is the strategy: you have to hit the Tories on the Fox Hunting Ban, and run on issues like Education, Pensions or the NHS (possibly tax and spend too). Hit the Lib-Dems on ID cards and experience, which is where they are weak on.

• Upvote 1

I'll consider that, but I have won in a massive landslide as Blair on numerous occasions. And Howard has a total CP of 6, while Blair has 7 CP's. And I have won the Sun leaning towards him.

Here is the strategy: you have to hit the Tories on the Fox Hunting Ban, and run on issues like Education, Pensions or the NHS (possibly tax and spend too). Hit the Lib-Dems on ID cards and experience, which is where they are weak on.

Excellent. I have won comfortably as Blair but this is usually a one off. I always do brilliantly as Howard but in reality he was not a strong leader for the Tories and ousted instantly after the election, he was also ridiculed for his aggressive billboard campaign. The new regions are superb however.