270soft Forum
admin_270

Congress Forever 2010 Version Info

When do you expect maybe an update for Campaigns Forever to create your own scenarios? I use the original Campaigns Forever for polling purposes (and for fun :) ) and it would be really awesome to be able to poll the congress and senate as well.

Also, "Clair McCaskill" in Missouri should be "Claire McCaskill".

Yea Claire and Kendrick are my typo's. Sorry for that.

Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman are counted as democrats, because they caucus with the democrats. Makes it easier to identify the majority you've won.

I would like to see a scenario editor made, but I don't know when or if.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

When do you expect maybe an update for Campaigns Forever to create your own scenarios? I use the original Campaigns Forever for polling purposes (and for fun :) ) and it would be really awesome to be able to poll the congress and senate as well.

I would like to see a scenario editor made, but I don't know when or if.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

... That scares me. lol Well, I sure hope that's an "when" and not an "if". I really enjoy the current Capmaigns Forever. Heck, I'd pay for the scenario editor for this one again even if it's not an update. It's too awesome and I would/will use it for too many things.

BTW Congress Forever is awesome-er than Prez 4 Ev. Just thought I'd let you know that you are on the right track. :D

Some Comments on v.1.2.7 Senate Campaign.

(I've not yet played the House on it, is there any significant changes?)

Have played it about 10 times now and have won a majority with the Dems each time. However some of the polling is a bit off and some of the Dem challenger candidates at least (and I'm sure it's the same the other way round) against incumbents are wrong. (I guess that is because the scenario does start forward in time a bit and they are in Primaries that are yet to be resolved.)

Some of the polling no longer reflects the state of the race at the moment either: two I can think of off the top of my head is that Harry Reid is ahead of all prospective candidates in NV, whilst Dick Blumenthal's faux pas re: military service has done nothing to dent his lead against Linda McMahon, I think by about 10-points.

Thanks very much for the feedback on both points!

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

... That scares me. lol Well, I sure hope that's an "when" and not an "if". I really enjoy the current Capmaigns Forever. Heck, I'd pay for the scenario editor for this one again even if it's not an update. It's too awesome and I would/will use it for too many things.

BTW Congress Forever is awesome-er than Prez 4 Ev. Just thought I'd let you know that you are on the right track. :D

Both races noted.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

Some Comments on v.1.2.7 Senate Campaign.

(I've not yet played the House on it, is there any significant changes?)

Have played it about 10 times now and have won a majority with the Dems each time. However some of the polling is a bit off and some of the Dem challenger candidates at least (and I'm sure it's the same the other way round) against incumbents are wrong. (I guess that is because the scenario does start forward in time a bit and they are in Primaries that are yet to be resolved.)

Some of the polling no longer reflects the state of the race at the moment either: two I can think of off the top of my head is that Harry Reid is ahead of all prospective candidates in NV, whilst Dick Blumenthal's faux pas re: military service has done nothing to dent his lead against Linda McMahon, I think by about 10-points.

I cannot load any saved game for the Senate scenario. A pop up says "Access violation at address 0046E610 in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000166." Is there any way to fix this?

Other races off the top of my head:

Carly Fiorina, not Tom Campbell, is going to be the R nominee in CA.

Dino Rossi is more likely than not going to be the R nominee in WA.

The NV Primary is this week but the R nominee is probably going to be Sharron Angle

John Thune in SD will be opposed by nobody, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to simulate

I could be doing something wrong but I thought that in Congress Forever the player could control both the House and Senate committees simultaneously.

I'm I misinterpreting the way the game works or missing something in the screen so I can switch back and forth from the House to Senate?

Thanks.

Juan J Nolla

You might note that Rasmussen reports Pat Toomey to be seven points ahead in the polls in Pennsylvania. I know it's early but I's say it doesn't really warrant an even start.

I would also note however that Rasmussen are not exactly the most reliable of pollsters, with a 'House Effect' to the GOP of about R+5%

@Admin, do you use an average of polls, the same pollster for each race, or just mix and match?

I think you should change the color scheme somehow, at least in the Senate scenario. Because if Charlie Crist is in the lead, there is no light gray or anything to show you, it's just the color of all the other states. The same thing happens in the election. Maybe if all the other states were white and the tossups were shown as purple, or if Crist was a different color gray.

Is it just me, or does the House 2010 (not sure maybe all can't) not allow me to set a universal television or radio ad?

Basically, when I spend the 2 million a turn on TV ads, it has no effect and just sucks up the money endlessly (beyond the 5 turn limit it should stop at; instead it goes on forever with no effect except money loss). And when I go to do the ads for smaller areas, there are no states, only the individual districts.

I have bought ads on individual districts and can confirm that it works properly (momentum changes, etc.) and stops after 5 turns. So the only issue is states/country level advertising.

Lots of changes to be made to the Senate scenario.

Carly Fiorina is the challenger for Boxer's seat and it's also Sharren Angle running against Harry Reid.

Also, Sharron Angle's victory should put Reid in a stronger position for reelection.

Give Alvin Greene one star, no one knows who he is... LOL.

I hear he's facing some kind of criminal charges over obscene pictures... couldn't we have found that out two days ago?