270soft Forum
admin_270

Congress Forever 2010 Version Info

Something doesnt fit in the 1.1.6 election night. The last polling before an election (2008 scenario, 1.1.6, fog war off) I was shown to have 266 seats going my way as 164 going GOP. Opponent was out of money, I was spinning three low scandals on the GOP in the headlines and running three ads (2 tv, 1 radio) in favor of the Democrats. In the middle of electionnight I was declared winner, suddenly (in the last seconds before election night finished I think) a whole bunch of seats rapidly flipped back and I lost 200 to 235 while winning 56% of the pop vote.

Not sure if this is the right place, but in the Tennessee 3rd Zach Wamp is not running for re-election. He is resigning his seat to run for Governor.

Hi NYCDems,

Can you tell me:

1. What the error message says exactly (word for word)?

2. Where exactly it happens (do you click a certain button)?

3. Does it happen consistently? If so, when?

4. What operating system (Windows Me, xp, Vista, 7, and so on) are you using?

5. When you say you haven't had this problem before, do you mean in other games or before in this game?

This information will help us to identify and fix the bug. Thank you for any help in this,

Anthony Burgoyne

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

For some reason when I am half way through the election an error screen pops up and says "not enough space to perform command." I have no idea why it does this, I haven't had this problem before.

Sorry for the 3rd post, but I've found a bug (sorry if it's been reported already):

screenshot_02-1.jpg

Nick Jordan (REP) got the most votes, but it gave the seat to Dennis Moore (DEM). It's been doing it in many more seats than that...

Because of that bug, it's hard to know who actually won a majority.

I have version 1.1.6.

And continues in 1.1.8

Election Night is much improved. One small additional suggestion - when I pause the game, and then click on a state, it will only allow me to look at the results for District 1 in that state. If I don't pause it, I can scroll through all districts in each state, but often there is so much info flowing in that some of them get to 100% before I can check them. Could it be adjusted so that we can scroll through districts while the game is on pause, or else allow for slower speeds on election night?

(I hope my comments don't come across as demanding, BTW - overall it's a really good game, I just thought I'd throw these things out there.)

I'd like to ask a question if it's not too presumptive of me.

Question - would it help if I gathered information on current candidates (I can link to news stories, etc to show my information?)and posted it here to correct Congress Forever's data? It seems like a collaborative strategy here to improve the product and I'd like to pitch in if that is something that would be helpful?

(Example - Parker Griffin is listed as a Democrat, some of the Nevada Congressional delegations are off etc).

(I don't mean to intrude or impose. Just offering).

Once we release a version with all 2010 candidate info (probably in the next day or two), then yes, we would greatly appreciate any notes with corrected data.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

I'd like to ask a question if it's not too presumptive of me.

Question - would it help if I gathered information on current candidates (I can link to news stories, etc to show my information?)and posted it here to correct Congress Forever's data? It seems like a collaborative strategy here to improve the product and I'd like to pitch in if that is something that would be helpful?

(Example - Parker Griffin is listed as a Democrat, some of the Nevada Congressional delegations are off etc).

(I don't mean to intrude or impose. Just offering).

Hi NYCDems,

Can you tell me:

1. What the error message says exactly (word for word)?

2. Where exactly it happens (do you click a certain button)?

3. Does it happen consistently? If so, when?

4. What operating system (Windows Me, xp, Vista, 7, and so on) are you using?

5. When you say you haven't had this problem before, do you mean in other games or before in this game?

This information will help us to identify and fix the bug. Thank you for any help in this,

Anthony Burgoyne

That problem no longer happens but now whenever I try to save a game it won't let me. A screen pops up saying 'save-load not implemented.'

For the save-load, that feature has not been implemented yet. It should be added within about a week.

Anthony Burgoyne

That problem no longer happens but now whenever I try to save a game it won't let me. A screen pops up saying 'save-load not implemented.'

Playing right now as the Dems, and when I click on "view all players' themes," the GOP are supposedly running on "Local Issues." Is this a new feature? I don't see an option to choose it as one of my themes, nor does it show up in the regional momentum list.

It's a bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

Playing right now as the Dems, and when I click on "view all players' themes," the GOP are supposedly running on "Local Issues." Is this a new feature? I don't see an option to choose it as one of my themes, nor does it show up in the regional momentum list.

I've installed C4E v 1.2.3, and it says 1.2.2 on the start screen and update screen, but in the change or remove programs window it says 1.2.3. Who do I believe?

It should say 1.2.3 on the start screen.

Anthony Burgoyne

I've installed C4E v 1.2.3, and it says 1.2.2 on the start screen and update screen, but in the change or remove programs window it says 1.2.3. Who do I believe?