270soft Forum
admin_270

Congress Forever 2010 Version Info

I don't know if this glitch is unique to the game I'm playing, but it has Congressman Mitchell (AZ-5) down by 10 at the start of the game even though he won his seat by 10 IRL. Maybe the poll numbers were inverted forthis district?

I also noticed Mark Kirk (IL-10) is down by 8 instead of ahead by 3. Most of the others I've seen are roughly at where they ended the election IRL.

I don't know if it's been noted yet - but when I have more than one ad available, it seems I can't halt the second, but can only delete it.

Abe, do you receive a message in your Turn Summary the next turn stating you raised a certain amount from fundraising?

Anthony Burgoyne

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

Same, it takes away a CP from me but there's no pop up or anything which confirms that it is in effect and I receive no additional funds.

Two other things to add to the list

1) the players have heart points, but they always remain at 100 pts, because I don't see any way for the DCCC chair to campaign in the various states like the party leader does in PM4E.

2) I saw a huge drop in my funds the turn after I created a tv ad (it seems to be deducting the amount of a full day's run of the ad, rather than it's production costs when it's getting created).

Another flaw in the programming--

As DCCC chair, I ran out of money. I was able to toggle fundraising for the DCCC at that point, but even as the recap showed I raised $200,000 and got another $100,000 from unused CPs, none of that showed up on the main screen, where I was still in the red.

Two other things to add to the list

1) the players have heart points, but they always remain at 100 pts, because I don't see any way for the DCCC chair to campaign in the various states like the party leader does in PM4E.

2) I saw a huge drop in my funds the turn after I created a tv ad (it seems to be deducting the amount of a full day's run of the ad, rather than it's production costs when it's getting created).

Mine went down but I'm not sure how lol.

I am using BETA 1.6.0.8

When running ads, if I desire to halt the ad, it does not halt the ad. Instead it continues to run the add and drain my funds at an unreasonable amount.

The game crashes in the middle of week 2 (have tried at least 3 times).

I will add more most as I encounter more errors.

I am using BETA 1.6.0.8

When running ads, if I desire to halt the ad, it does not halt the ad. Instead it continues to run the add and drain my funds at an unreasonable amount.

The game crashes in the middle of week 2 (have tried at least 3 times).

I will add more most as I encounter more errors.

It was the 1.1 version

My first post was when I played with NRCC.

I played as DCCC and the following error message occurred "List index out of bounds" and "Access violation at address 00473406 in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000000." on October 13

Hey,

I'm getting a bug that comes up when I try to leak some local scandals. National seems to work okay, and it seems like it works the first time. But when I click on "leak" it won't always let me. I'd copy/paste but I don't have it on the screen right now.

I personally love the game. I'd really like to see, perhaps, an update to Campaigns Forever that allows you to create a scenario for C4E. I really want to make a scenario for this! lol

Cool. New beta. Will test it asap.

EDIT: Kirsten Gillibrand ist still Rep in NY-20 in 2010 scenario.

Bart Stupak is still candidate in MI-1.

Just had election night - it was very weird.

But you've already said that it's not finished.

Sad, would have been a super majority for the GOP.

320 seats at 12pm.

I would have achieved to unseat Whip Clyburn and even Nancy Pelosi which is highly(!!) unrealistic.

Note: in 2010 in v. 1.1.1, the local candidates are 2008's.

Will probably change with next Beta, although some will just be guesses at this point.

Anthony Burgoyne

EDIT: Kirsten Gillibrand ist still Rep in NY-20 in 2010 scenario.

Bart Stupak is still candidate in MI-1.

Sorry, i have the latest beta version and i have the same problem like the previous version concern.

At October 21th, i have some problem, that not stop the game but it is very harassing. First, the same message ''Access Violation at Address 0048313B in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000004''. Second, i have a french message (i run on french version of Windows XP) ''Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande'' (traduction : Not enough space for this command). I have the same problem with the 1.1.0 beta version! :(

Anybody have the same problem!?

using version 1.1.1, I got the error:

Access violation at address 0046FBA8 in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000010.

This happened when I tried using the 2008 scenario instead of the 2010 one.

Thanks - replicated this.

Anthony Burgoyne

using version 1.1.1, I got the error:

Access violation at address 0046FBA8 in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000010.

This happened when I tried using the 2008 scenario instead of the 2010 one.

1.1.2 has:

- removed Energy Points for time being

- Computer Player now picks theme issues

Anthony Burgoyne

Just downloaded 1.1.2, and I'm wondering what's different about the game? Because it's not in the newest update list in this thread.

This is a broader question - right now I'm close to the end of a campaign as the DCCC, and I seem to be spending about $500k per turn despite running no ads at all. I have two crusaders, 15-20 targeted seats, and about 25 with a ground power of 1. What could be costing this much?

EDIT: Now I've completely run out of money and I'm getting a message saying I could not run an ad this turn due to lack of funds, even though I wasn't trying to run any - could there be an ad bug at work here?