270soft Forum
admin_270

Congress Forever 2010 Version Info

Anytime, as long as you'll give us the election night before the official release. :P

Nah, seriously. This game has huge potential!!

I should have known! :) In that case, I'm adding the bug back in. (kidding - hopefully)

Anthony Burgoyne

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

Anytime, as long as you'll give us the election night before the official release. :P

Nah, seriously. This game has huge potential!!

I should have known! :) In that case, I'm adding the bug back in. (kidding - hopefully)

Anthony Burgoyne

I hope that this is not a confession that we won't get the election night until the final release. :blink:

The numbers of undecided voters is incredible high in my games (20-30%), so you can't be sure about a winner or a loser until the election night is over.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but the undecided vote share doesn't seem to decline as the game progresses. Also, indicated increases/decreases in your polling in a region vs. your opponents on the map don't always actually pan out when looking at the numbers in those areas.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but the undecided vote share doesn't seem to decline as the game progresses.

It's growing in my games, actually.

EDIT:

It would be awesome if you could manage your crusaders in case of emergency.

Let them cruade automatically but there should be an option where you can tell XY to fly to XY to campaign for XY because he's losing momentum.

That'd be great and even more realistic in my opinion.

I always start sweating when a candidate of mine in a toss-up district loses momentum.

I am guessing that election night will work in the next couple of days. With 1.1.0, though, you should be able to run election night all the way through and then click on individual seats to view actual numbers (even though the national seat numbers on the panel start going back to 0).

If you can't do this, please let me know.

Anthony Burgoyne

I hope that this is not a confession that we won't get the election night until the final release. :blink:

The numbers of undecided voters is incredible high in my games (20-30%), so you can't be sure about a winner or a loser until the election night is over.

Taft, can you say more about this? Do you mean that when you add up numbers for districts in a state, it doesn't equal what the state color is?

Anthony Burgoyne

Also, indicated increases/decreases in your polling in a region vs. your opponents on the map don't always actually pan out when looking at the numbers in those areas.

Taft, can you say more about this? Do you mean that when you add up numbers for districts in a state, it doesn't equal what the state color is?

Anthony Burgoyne

To offer an example, I got a +9.3% in Kansas on the map. However, when looking at the current polling graph in Kansas, it showed no notable shift in the state.

Another error: Spending sometimes goes screwy. For example, I just had a day where I managed to spend nearly $6 million with only two ads in existence and one running (at $2 million a day).

Edit: I reproduced it. Nebraska, three weeks in, showed an increase of 5.2% for the GOP. I went to check the numbers, and got a graph that was flat. When I went to pull up the state-level list of seats, the list came up just fine but I also got an error message ("List index out of bounds (4)").

At October 21th, i have some problem, that not stop the game but it is very harassing. First, the same message ''Access Violation at Address 0048313B in module 'congress4e.exe'. Read of address 00000004''. Second, i have a french message (i run on french version of Windows XP) ''Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande'' (traduction : Not enough space for this command). I have the same problem with the 1.1.0 beta version! :(

Anybody have the same problem!?

Edit : I have also this problem : When i click to go to a candidate in DCCC strategy, i can have access because that ''said'' : ''Error reading buttonOnImageList -> Bitmail failed to read ImageList data from stream.''

Edit 2 : The number of seat at the election night is not the same between the bottom of the screen and the right side of them.

Edited by james_bond72

Edit 2 : The number of seat at the election night is not the same between the bottom of the screen and the right side of them.

Are you actually able to play the election night?

My game either crashed (before version 1.10) or freezes (with 1.10) on election night.

I ran through election night. Clearly not finished...a number of seats swung wildly. Montana ended up in the Democrat column and Massachusetts ended up a swing state. Vermont, with no Republican candidate, went GOP, and a number of other states did odd things. The final vote total listed something like 230 million votes cast, CA had 532% voter turnout...etc. Still, the interface fundamentals seem fine.

I ran through election night. Clearly not finished...a number of seats swung wildly. Montana ended up in the Democrat column and Massachusetts ended up a swing state. Vermont, with no Republican candidate, went GOP, and a number of other states did odd things. The final vote total listed something like 230 million votes cast, CA had 532% voter turnout...etc. Still, the interface fundamentals seem fine.

Why is it that I can't have election night ... :(

Playing the GOP with 1.10 it freezes.

Are you actually able to play the election night?

My game either crashed (before version 1.10) or freezes (with 1.10) on election night.

Yes, but i have problem with a message with a ''Not enough space for this command''

Something odd with ads:

I am playing as the Dems, and I created one TV ad for nationwide broadcast that cost $2 million to run, and then a second one specifically for AL-2 that cost $200,000.

Then I click on the icon for "change ads viewing," and it gives me two choices: "The United States," and "AL-2." If I pick AL-2, both TV ads show up on my list with an option to run them for $200,000 each.

I'm assuming that the idea here is that I can take a nationwide ad and still run it in just one district at a time, which makes some sense. However, shouldn't it be possible to run the nationwide ad in *any* district, rather than only those where you've already created a localized ad?

I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem but it seems to me like this game is treading water a lot. I don't really understand how your supposed to pick up support. I have more ground ops, more targeted regions, and more watched regions, yet I'm still loosing support every turn.

Is there a reliable way to display exactly what you're spending money on for each turn? My expenses per turn got a lot higher than I had intended, and it was difficult to figure out what to turn off in order to get things under control.

Yes, but i have problem with a message with a ''Not enough space for this command''

So I am the only one who's not able to enjoy election night?? :(

In addition: The DCCC goes always bankrupt three to four days before election day. Don't know hob about the RCCC, though.

OK, I think I found how to run the national ads in any district.

Anyway, finally finished my first full game as the Dems. It did seem like I was losing support even in seats where I'd invested a fair amount of resources, though part of my problem was definitely that I lost track of my expenses and burned through about $8 million in two days at one point.

Also, I'm wondering if there is some sort of natural flow of voters based on issue positions. If so, the fact that the districts' issue centers have not been differentiated from their states' issue centers yet might be contributing to some unexpected shifts in support. It also appeared to me that there were at least a few states where the platform distance from the GOP was zero, but I didn't notice any states with zero platform distance from the Democrats.

Election Night did not crash but it produced all kinds of screwy results, plus it kept "calling" states based on early popular vote totals that didn't have much to do with how many seats were being won or lost. I'm assuming this is just the result of it not being completed yet.

For some reason I am not able to do any fundraising.

The button simply doesn't work.

Same, it takes away a CP from me but there's no pop up or anything which confirms that it is in effect and I receive no additional funds.

I don't know if this glitch is unique to the game I'm playing, but it has Congressman Mitchell (AZ-5) down by 10 at the start of the game even though he won his seat by 10 IRL. Maybe the poll numbers were inverted forthis district?