270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mz452

Fictional Canadian Election

Party: Bloc Québécois

Salutation: MP

Name: Hubert Lebel

Brief Bio: A former leader of the PQ, Lebel is now the leader of the Bloc Québécois.

Province: Québec

Riding: Verchères-Les Patriotes

Leadership:4

Integrity:4

Experience:3

Issue:4

Charisma:5

Stamina:3

Debating:4

Party: Marijuana

Name: Martin Green

Brief Bio: Widely known as the King of Pot, Green is a musician in a musical group and leader of the Marijuana Party.

Province: British Columbia

Riding: Vancouver East

Experience:2

Charisma:4

Stamina:2

Debating:3

Party: Communist

Salutation: Mr.

Name: Joe Smith

Brief Bio: A former city councillor in Toronto, Smith is now the leader of the Communist Party.

Province: Ontario

Riding: Davenport

Experience:2

Stamina:2

Party: Conservative

Salutation: Premier

Name: Robin Campbell

Brief Bio: A rancher who also made fortunes in the oil and natural gas business, Robin Campbell has enjoyed robust approval ratings as Premier of Alberta in the strongly conservative province. Consequently, Campbell has decided to pursue a career in federal politics and rapidly ascended through the ranks of the Conservative Party. He is a staunch critic of multiculturalism and the liberal consensus in Canada, and although he is a social conservative he has decided to focus the Conservative Party's efforts on economic and fiscal conservatism, as well as a more active role in intentional security and foreign affairs.

Province: Alberta

Riding: Red Deer

Leadership:5

Integrity: 2

Experience:4

Issue:3

Party: Animal Alliance

Name: Karen Banta

Brief Bio: A fashion designer, Karen Banta is half-Indian, half-Canadian with strong ties to the animal rights movement. She has decided to mount a campaign on behalf of animal rights and environmental issues, and hopes to become the first Animal Alliance MP elected to Parliament.

Province: Ontario

Riding: Scarborough—Rouge River

Leadership:3

Experience:1

Issue:3

Stamina:4

Party: Independant

Name: Marcel Côté

Brief Bio: Known as the boy from Sept-Îles, Côté is a former CEO of a pulp and paper company and a former Progressive Conservative turned Bloc for a few years and again Liberal, Côté is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal who is anti-nationalist and pro-free trade. He is very popular is his own riding as a charismatic figure.

Province: Manicouagan

Riding: Québec

Experience: 5

It is possible to change the People's Political Power by the Neorhino.ca party?

Party: Neorhino.ca

Salutation: Mr.

Name: Robert ''Yo'' Mann

Brief Bio: A popular francophone singer and téléroman actor, Mann wants to enters the Neorhino party to makes '' so that people could distrust all politicians more than ever''.

Province: Québec

Riding: Rosemont-La Petite Patrie

Leadership: 5

Experience: 4

Issue: 2

Stamina:4

bump. keep voting in the conservative leadership contest. btw, every province is done except quebec and ontario. quebec is about 50% complete while nothing has been started on ontario.

• Upvote 1

I have about 40 seats left to do. Its turning into a cool scenario. I've played it a few times and I've seen every party enter parliament. The Christian Heritage Party is definitely strong. I've kind of made it out to be similar to the UKIP. The Greens perform exceptionally as well.

• Upvote 1

Here are the results from a game I just played:

Conservative 162

Liberal 33

NDP 49

Bloc Quebecois 33

Green 10

Independent 8

Christian Heritage 5

Marijuana 1

Marxist Leninist 1

Canadian Action 1

Communist 1

Libertarian 1

First Peoples 1

Animal Alliance 1

People's Political Power 1

Progressive Canadian 0

• Upvote 1

I like the fact that smaller third parties will be more interesting to play out.

What is the average seats results breakdown for parties by province?

Newfoundland and Labrador: 7

• CON: 2
  • LIB: 1
  • NDP: 3
  • IND: 1

Prince Edward Island: 4

• CON: 1
  • NDP: 1
  • CH: 1

Nova Scotia: 11

• NDP: 7
  • GRN: 1

New Brunswick: 10

• CON: 7
  • NDP: 3

Quebec: 75

• CON: 16
  • LIB: 13
  • NDP: 4
  • BLOC: 32
  • GRN: 3
  • IND: 3
  • LIBT: 1
  • CH: 1
  • ML: 1
  • PPP: 1

Ontario: 106

• CON: 57
  • LIB: 25
  • NDP: 21
  • CA: 1
  • COM: 1
  • AAP: 1

Manitoba: 14

• CON: 6
  • LIB: 3
  • GRN: 1

Saskatchewan: 14

• CON: 6
  • NDP: 6

Alberta: 28

• CON: 17
  • LIB: 2
  • CH: 4

British Columbia: 36

• CON: 10
  • LIB: 5
  • NDP: 12
  • GRN: 6
  • IND: 2
  • MARIJ: 1

Territories: 3

• FPN: 1
  • NDP: 1

• Upvote 1

The third parties should not be that strong- the Greens should have one or two at most, same with the independents.

Plus the Liberals should have a lot more seats...especially in the maritimes, quebec, and ontario.

The third parties should not be that strong- the Greens should have one or two at most, same with the independents.

Plus the Liberals should have a lot more seats...especially in the maritimes, quebec, and ontario.

Yeah, I still think that the NDP should be ahead though, to make this more interesting.

Yeah, I still think that the NDP should be ahead though, to make this more interesting.

The NDP have no chance in many regions expect maybe in BC, Nova Scotia, Northern Ontario and some urban areas in Ontario and Manitoba. However, I think that the Liberal Party right now could maybe have in the next few years the same situation as the former Progressive Conservatives with only pocket of support in Toronto and Western Montreal. Also remember, that the relative strength of the Green Party is beginning to affect the NDP badly especially on NDP friendly demographics.

The Liberals are now at their lowest in the polls since 1867, especially at the advantage of the Conservatives and the Greens. Even in Quebec, the Conservatives are now higher than the Liberals and the Greens are now in the double digits in the polls in about every single region.

Please note, that except in a few inner city ridings, the NDP and Liberals in Alberta are not a factor at all, and this with a new libertarian party (Wildrose Alliance) which is now tied with the provincial PC in the latest provincial polls. So, I think that the second choice of most social conservatives will maybe be the CHP or with economic conservatives it will be the Libertarian Party or the PC Party. The Liberals are also way too strong in Manitoba as they only can win more than 2 seats if the NDP vote collapsed as in 1993.

I say give the NDP a good relationship with the Bloc Quebecois so that alliances can easily form. I want this election to be quite interesting

Possible with a left-wing/trade union leader like Duceppe as they have mainly the same issue positions. But this is impossible with a more centre-right leader like Lucien Bouchard as the NDP are the most centralist of all the federal parties. For them, education and health are like federal issues when the constitution says otherwise.

That woudl be interesting, but I still think that the non-"big 5" parties should have 2-3 seats total at maximum.

I'd change the starting seats to:

Conservative 150

Liberal 75

NDP 45

Bloc 35

Green 1

Independent 2

Others 0

GOP Progressive,

I basically like the idea of having third parties having a few seats each, because it makes the game interesting to play as those small parties, as that this is virtually no interest to play as the smaller parties.

Is 45 seats too high with a party with about 15% of the vote with the FPTP system?

GOP Progressive,

I basically like the idea of having third parties having a few seats each, because it makes the game interesting to play as those small parties, as that this is virtually no interest to play as the smaller parties.

Is 45 seats too high with a party with about 15% of the vote with the FPTP system?

Yes it is, unless that 15% nationally is regionally concentrated in a section of the country (in this case it'd have to be either Quebec or the West).