270soft Forum
graemp

Great Britain 1910

To mark the 100th Anniversary of Lloyd George's Peoples Budget, I shall be releasing a scenario of the January 1910 General Election next month.

The scenario will be available by email, so either leave your email address here or PM me.

zagatstein@gmail.com

Will this be the earliest UK scenario created?

Yes, by a mile.

treasurerofthepc@yahoo.com

Yes, by a mile.

Not exactly....I have used some of the issue graphics and issue descriptions created by 'Foreign Minister' who started a 1900 scenario and sent it to me 3 years ago. The thread is on this board somewhere.

I should point out that I have incorrectly titled this scenario as Great Britain 1910. It includes Ireland as well so should be titled United Kingdom 1910.

To mark the 100th Anniversary of Lloyd George's Peoples Budget, I shall be releasing a scenario of the January 1910 General Election next month.

The scenario will be available by email, so either leave your email address here or PM me.

dalek1000 (at) Hotmail.com

Not exactly....I have used some of the issue graphics and issue descriptions created by 'Foreign Minister' who started a 1900 scenario and sent it to me 3 years ago. The thread is on this board somewhere.

I should point out that I have incorrectly titled this scenario as Great Britain 1910. It includes Ireland as well so should be titled United Kingdom 1910.

Ok, i'll make a search for that!

zagatstein@gmail.com

I did toss around the idea of an England 1645 scenario, in honour of the Parliament that declared war on, executed, and ruled without, the King (in this case, Charles I), but it was abandoned due to many difficulties of serious lack of data. I guess it doesn't really count, as it never got a serious start, but it's worth noting.

I did toss around the idea of an England 1645 scenario, in honour of the Parliament that declared war on, executed, and ruled without, the King (in this case, Charles I), but it was abandoned due to many difficulties of serious lack of data. I guess it doesn't really count, as it never got a serious start, but it's worth noting.

It would have been difficult to create the right ad types;

TV advertising

Radio

Leaflets

Guillotine etc

and of course, campaign goals

Win a majority government, 48% of the vote and lop off your opponents head.

In the UK 2001 election, the Lib Dems supposedly had what was dubbed "a decapitation strategy" where they targeted the ridings of leading Conservatives. Cromwell's approach was more successful.

Back to UK 1910 [called 1910 and not January 1910 as they did not know at the time that a second 1910 election would occur] which I aim to email out on 30th November (the day the Lords voted against the Peoples Budget). I'd post a screen shot here but I don't know how to post with graphics. However, I can inform you that my avatar is 1910 related. Can anyone suggest how it is related to 1910?

spot on Common, well done.

In the UK 2001 election, the Lib Dems supposedly had what was dubbed "a decapitation strategy" where they targeted the ridings of leading Conservatives.

But, wasn't Labour splitting the vote?

Nah, it was the 2005 election. The problem was that the Lib Dems ended up taking Labour votes nationally, rather than Conservative votes.

Just to let you know that the UK1910 scenario is developing nicely and to let you see a screen shot.

th_37892_1910_viewer_122_628lo.JPG

Seems good, as usual!

However, I am a little bit concerned about colours of the parties.

Agreed. Shouldn't the Liberals be gold or yellow, with the Conservative/Liberal Unionists in a deeper shade of blue?

This is excellent. I was going to make an old scenario once, but I found better things to do. I think it was 1892? Certainly, it was an election with Liberal Unionists and two wings of the Irish Parliamentary Party.