270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gopprogressive

Alexandria - 1900

Excellent job with this one. Was the scenario designed to be easy for the Imperial-Unionists? I won without much effort.

Excellent job with this one. Was the scenario designed to be easy for the Imperial-Unionists? I won without much effort.

Yes, it is supposed to be easy for them- as they dominated Alexandrian politics until 1932 (with 8 years of Radical governments).

However, it is possible to win as the Radicals- as Alexandria does have a latent populist streak despite its strong monarchism and jingoism.

• Upvote 1

I've only managed to play it once so far, as the Carlists, where i managed to lose the only region we were in control of :( . Ad finances and starting finances seemed fine, and a good variety of candidates. I'll report back when i get to play of the of the 2 main parties.

I had a lot of fun playing as the Pacto Social.

I then gave it a test run as the Radicals under Calonne - quite hard to win as the Radicals - but this may have been as you intended.

Overall - well done a fun and enjoyable scenario.

I have managed to win with the Radicals, but the key is to run on issues where the party is strong (land reform, poverty, or infrastructure) rather than issues where it is weak (new alexandria, gold standard, or federalism).

Hope that helps. I usually try to make each party strong on an issue and weak on another.

• Upvote 1