270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Commoncold0

Scenario Map Problems

Hi,

I'm working on a scenario for the 2008 local elections in Reading but I'm having some trouble with the map. For some reason, whenever I play the scenario the map displays like this:

24ospkg.png

As you can see, the colours are completely messed up. The whole map is completely unclickable, making it impossible to play. No error messages are appearing though and I can't work out how to fix it. Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm working on a scenario for the 2008 local elections in Reading but I'm having some trouble with the map. For some reason, whenever I play the scenario the map displays like this:

24ospkg.png

As you can see, the colours are completely messed up. The whole map is completely unclickable, making it impossible to play. No error messages are appearing though and I can't work out how to fix it. Any ideas?

Did you make sure your region borders are the right color? I've had that happen to me. They must be the most basic black available in Paint.

Make sure none of your boundaries are broken.

On your map bmp file also, the regions must be coloured in the same colour and tone. I normally use white, black would not be appropiate.

Boundaries aren't broken and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the colours on the map itself...

Here's the map file (nb: the actual file is a bitmap, I only made it a png so I could upload it).

2ed45eq.png

Boundaries aren't broken and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the colours on the map itself...

Here's the map file (nb: the actual file is a bitmap, I only made it a png so I could upload it).

2ed45eq.png

Try removing the black dot in the middle of Norcot province. Then make sure that your region variables file doesn't have two province locations pointing to the same area of the map.

I checked this out myself, the map does indeed have some black regions, and all are unselectable. Your map is using a different type of bitmap, or bmp.

All you need to do is, open the map with MS paint. Go to file > Save As... and choose 24-bit bmp in the drop down box for the file type your saving as. Your map is 256 colour bit-map. That doesn't work with the game.

I checked this out myself, the map does indeed have some black regions, and all are unselectable. Your map is using a different type of bitmap, or bmp.

All you need to do is, open the map with MS paint. Go to file > Save As... and choose 24-bit bmp in the drop down box for the file type your saving as. Your map is 256 colour bit-map. That doesn't work with the game.

Thanks, that's completely fixed it. :)