270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluetory

UK Election 2001

Hi Everyone:

I've been searching around for a UK 2001 general election scenario (Blair, Hague, Kennedy). Does anyone know if such a scenario exists? Thus far I've seen 1987, 1992, 1997 and 2005 but nothing for 2001.

I don't know of any. The problem is that it's one of the least interesting elections, and the most interesting elections tend to be the first to get made.

I don't know of any. The problem is that it's one of the least interesting elections, and the most interesting elections tend to be the first to get made.

Exactly.

All the interest has been mostly on the 1992 and 1997 elections here. I don't know of any other national elections, that's seen so little change, it felt like a non-event, with the only highlight being the Lib Dems increasing their share of seats under Kennedy. I came to the conclusion long ago, i would rather do the 3 70's Uk elections and earlier before 2001, as they hold much more significance.

Hey all, would anyone be interested in helping me redo the 2005 scenario?

I kind of felt that the official scenario made Britain a bit too left-wing (for example, all regions except Northern Ireland and the SW are CL on the smoking ban).

I also do plan on getting some work done on the revised Tory fightback scenario. I'll work on all the scenarios tomorrow and see what I can get done.

• Upvote 2

Hey all, would anyone be interested in helping me redo the 2005 scenario?

I kind of felt that the official scenario made Britain a bit too left-wing (for example, all regions except Northern Ireland and the SW are CL on the smoking ban).

Also, did you notice the Daily Express is down as center left, when its actually more like center right or even right?

Also, did you notice the Daily Express is down as center left, when its actually more like center right or even right?

Yes, I made sure to change that one in New Britannia.

Anyways, I need to focus on the current scenarios on my plate. I will have more time next week, and should get some progress done on them.

• Upvote 1

If there's interest in seeing it, and no one else wants to do it, I could put a UK 2001 scenario on my growing queue, but I couldn't guarantee when I'd get around to it. Still, it seems like the soonest anyone's going to see one. I thought I'd build on the UK 1997 scenario (by TotPC, I think?), and just change things where needed. Issues and events would be where I'd really need help, though. Just a thought to consider.

My hands are little tied at the moment with European elections, so i doubt i would be able to do anything this year for 2001. The 1997 scenario was done by Christian. On the same topic, i am still interested into transfering the 1997 scenario using my UK map, but keeping the gameplay intact as it's very good already.