270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RI Democrat

Australia 1996 (for the Canada 2006 software)

Excellent! Now we have 3 Australian election scenarios. Looks really good from what i've seen so far, i'll try it out soon.

I liked the scenario, it was tough as Labor, as maybe i got the full momentum against me from the events, but the one thing that bugged me was the ads for National. Sometimes they cost £0 to run, and sometimes the full price £360,000. :huh:

And yes, the events are somewhat stacked against Labor, as they were facing a major uphill battle in this election. Though the "misplaced priorities" one should hurt Beazley a little less than Keating or Lawrence, since he's more of a centrist on the National Priorities issue.

Oh, don't get wrong, it should be a uphill struggle for Labor. I meant nationwide ads in general, i usually call them National in the ad types file other than Television Ad, thats all.

I checked the ad_types file and I didn't see any of them that had a production or distribution cost of zero, so I'm not sure why that would happen. Do you have a screenshot? And has anyone else tried the scenario and had this problem?

Could be a problem on my side, older version perhaps. I've had the same problem with another scenario, and it seemed anything under an ad power of 1 (i.e 0.3) caused the ads to be free, which i'm unsure should be the case. I'm taking about cost_to_run_per_turn_coefficient.

Could someone please try translating this scenario to the 2008 PM4E version? It looks really cool.

Cheers,

CCA