270soft Forum
graemp

British Columbia 2009

My latest historical scenario will shortly be available by email to those who request it here or by personal message.

Other historical scenarios in this series from the same author;

1952, 1975, 1991, 1996, 1996 variant,

Yes please, 2009, and also 1952 & 1991 if they're completed.

treasurerofthepc at yahoo.com

BTW, the election is today.

That is why 09 is not yet available

The '96 variant is basically with a weaker Liberal Party lead by Gordon Wilson and a stronger Reform Party leaded by Gordon Campbell having support in the former Federal Reform Party strong areas.

Firstly, a ty-po, it was 1953 not 52. Secondly, it has a bug which I need to resolve.

I just started a game of BC 1991, and noticed something right away. The introductory text on Harcourt specifically says he moved his party from centre-left to centrist in stance. Yet, when I started the scenario, he's at an almost perfect centre-left stance. Just thought I'd note this. I'm now going to carry on with the game.

Thanks for flagging that issue. The actual words used in the description talk about a shift towards the centre and Harcourts biography describes him moving the party to the right which are more or less the same thing. Arguably it would not be inconsistant for the party's positions to be predominantly centre-left if for instance under bob Skelly they were predominantly Left. This could just be inconsistant terminology.

On the other hand, this could be an example of sloppy and inconsistant scenario creation.

The most important thing is, have I got the issue positions right and are they correctly placed on the left right spectrum?

I would welcome feedback on this subject.

I haven't seen Display Name online for over two weeks now. I'll try e-mailing him to see how things are going for him, and let him know there's clamouring for his BC scenarios.

• Upvote 1