270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JerseyBoy

1796 Scenario (modernized)

This will be modernized, in that there will be primaries and a VP candidate.

Candidates

Federalist

John Adams

Thomas Pinckney

Oliver Ellsworth

John Jay

James Iredell

George Washington (off by default, only in here because 2 electors cast their vote for him)

Democratic-Republican

Thomas Jefferson

Aaron Burr

Samuel Adams

George Clinton

John Henry

Does anyone know how to make a party strong only in the general? I want it so that George Washington is nearly unbeatable in the General, but if he is not nominated it goes back to the Tie-Ness.

For Federalists, it will be relatively strong for John Adams, but George Washington will sweep if he is in.

Democratic-Republicans will be Jefferson vs. Burr tie.

Need help with Issues, Endorsers, Interviewers and Debates.

Thanks, I have a map but I need populations currently.

Since I don't know registered voter amounts, and my efforts to find a good pop-to-registered amount (i.e. POP x .52= REGISTERED) have failed, so I am just putting 17500 voters in each state (with populations according to the 1790 census- for the states whose records were burned I'll just put a random number in.)

Thanks, I have a map but I need populations currently.

Since I don't know registered voter amounts, and my efforts to find a good pop-to-registered amount (i.e. POP x .52= REGISTERED) have failed, so I am just putting 17500 voters in each state (with populations according to the 1790 census- for the states whose records were burned I'll just put a random number in.)

Of the 2.5 million citzens of the USA about 68,000 voted. Set it to about 5%-10%

Another question - how is the game going to simulate the Electoral College if 1796? Since there weren't any running mates back then, is it going to play normally or will the scenario just be one big primary?

Another hitch: I know some states had the legislatures pick the electors, not the people.