270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gopprogressive

Republic of Kozakura

BTW, an idea for either a private endorser or the leader of an 'Independents' party:

Akira Fujiwara - Self-made billionare off playing the Kozekuran Stock Exchange with a master's hand; popular in media circles and among the common Kozekuran for his wit and public escapades (this seems to endear the public in modern RL Japan); quite possibly the richest and most well-known man in Kozekura.

That sounds like a fun endorser. What should be his political alignment or issue he cares about?

• Upvote 1

That sounds like a fun endorser. What should be his political alignment or issue he cares about?

I'd suggest a general centre-right endorser (as he is still a capitalist, obviously, but would dabble in many affairs) who gives a momentum and significant monetary bonus.

-Mitshuhama Technologies (hi-tech, robotics)

-Renraku Electronics (electronics, computers)

-Yamatetsu Chemical (chemicals, plastics)

-Nakatomi Corporation (finance, banking)

-Datsun Motor Company (automobiles)

-Kobayashi Industries (consumer goods)

-Sanyo Entertainment (television, radio, film production)

-Akita Steel (steel, manufacturing, coal, iron mining)

-Saka Beer (beer and food products, also have a baseball team and a newspaper)

-Toyoma Motor Company (automobiles and trucks)

-Nagawa Corp (trains and buses)

-Kagamawa (books and publishing)

-KAL (airline and bus company)

• Upvote 1

Ok, I done some research with books about the last Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese elections obtained through a contact who is an expert in politics in Eastern Asia.

Basically, these were the main issues that were coming out along:

-Immigration: The main problem is that the Japanese and Korean society have big problems about the concept especially with the aeging population. There was some xenophobic manifestations in Japan and South Korea.

-Corruption: Many scandals especially in Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

-Transportation: Especially the new high speed rail systems in South Korea and Taiwan which are considered by a fraction of the people to be a white elephant or a boondoggle.

-Relations with Japan: Especially in Taiwan and South Korea, especially with the ''textbook'' case.

-Pensions and Ageing Population: More and more older people in East Asia have to work longer than 65 and the poverty and crime rates among these age groups are higher and higher especially in Japan and South Korea.

-Military: Especially in Japan which is trying to build a stronger military force, especially to protect against ''rebellious'' countries like North Korea.

• Upvote 1

I liked it. The finances are rather large, plus it would be better if the regional and national ads weren't free to run. Also, you could add in a certain number of seats for the goal, not only just majority government. Really like the range of endorsers, plus, i really liked, playing as national-liberal, that the 2 SPP controlled regions weren't walk-overs and were quite testing to gain them. I gained seats but didn't win the 2 regions.

I liked it. The finances are rather large, plus it would be better if the regional and national ads weren't free to run. Also, you could add in a certain number of seats for the goal, not only just majority government. Really like the range of endorsers, plus, i really liked, playing as national-liberal, that the 2 SPP controlled regions weren't walk-overs and were quite testing to gain them. I gained seats but didn't win the 2 regions.

I don't think there are any free credits in this scenario, unlike in others I've done. The ads are cheap chiefly to give the Conservatives, Greens, and Communists a chance to not run out of money long before the election. However, it is easy to burn through the cash you can acculate through endorsers.

I'll add in the seat targets, those are a good idea actually for the 2 major parties. Yeah, those regions are really difficult to win for the NLP, just like Hishinokuni, Yamato and Tsukishima are really difficult for the SPP to pick up. As for the ridings- most of the candidates are IRL members of the Japanese Diet, though all the party leaders are fictional.

• Upvote 1

Got around to playing the SPP, i ended up winning all but 1 region. It seems not as testing as with the ruling party, but still good though.

Hmm. played my first game as SPP.

I used "Kara Chan" end ended up getting crushed badly. :( I think I can attribute my defeat to my overconfidence, more than anything else though.

Got around to playing the SPP, i ended up winning all but 1 region. It seems not as testing as with the ruling party, but still good though.

Which candidate did you play as?

I did actually pull off a victory in all provinces as Kara Chan of the SPP. But the game is designed that the SPP and NLP both have vital weaknesses (the NLP on corruption, the SPP on personal taxes) that can be exploited.

Anything you guys want to see added to it before I send the final one to 80soft?

• Upvote 1