270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr abc

Election Day updated

http://www.election-day.info/

Hadn't visited it in a long time and thought this project had been abandoned. It seems to work better, I did a campaign and got no bugs except at the very end saving my character so I could contest the next election. There also seem to be some extra features in primaries mode, unless I didn't notice them before.

You need to register to download.

By the way here's what it looks like typically. It is very window driven

ed4hu0.th.jpgthpix.gif

ed4bbm3.th.jpgthpix.gif

The neatest thing I think are the debates which are in real time. Each round you pick a topic or attack somebody else (in different ways: jokingly, politely, viciously), respond to an attack etc. So the end goal is not just to highlight your issue positions but to look 'balanced' - not too pushy but not spineless. It's quite tricky and your order in the debate in the last round can make a big difference.

The media system is kinda similar to P4E.

You get to pick a staff (Advertising Director, Campaign Manager, Scheduler, Fund Raiser, Field Organizer etc)

And the character system is much more in depth

dem01dyw8.th.jpgthpix.gif

dem01cq6.th.jpg

dem01bzk3.th.jpg

You also can't control a party or legislative elections, you are only fighting one seat - though you can allocate time/money to help other campaigns which could help your career if you go into career mode

Also, Career mode does work - just don't save your character right after the results summary or the game will crash. Click cancel, then manually click Game -> Save character.

I was contesting a City Council election in Kentucky... as you can see I didn't get very close to winning but I was running against another Republican (Tom Flanders) so that split the conservative vote (you can have non-partisan elections). The others are an Independent and a Green. I started out at 12% and Election day (after that the posted screen) I received 25% (Pam Miller at 45%).

Hopefully I will be in a better position in 1990 and then go on to become Mayor, but I lost a lot of personal wealth in that campaign. I must have the wrong fund raising strategy.

Wow this looks really fun!

and it's free too!

Why don't theoryspark team up with this guy and the maker of Democracy 2 to make a super political simulation game that'll blow all the other political simulation games away!

Why don't theoryspark team up with this guy and the maker of Democracy 2 to make a super political simulation game that'll blow all the other political simulation games away!

thats so awesome it just might be illegal

Looks pretty damn cool, thus I have registered and am hoping to download the game very shortly.

BTW: How many MB is it do download?

It's a good game that's less stable than it should be. Also the engine running it is to my knowledge very old (1996-2000 judging by the Bill Clinton icon) which means that it is already less stable.

I like the retro look though, but not the fact that it's actually retro. :P