270soft Forum

United States - 2012 Update

I just updated my 2012 Presidential election scenario.

Fixed Kansas Republican Primary date

Added delegates for Florida and Michigan Democratic Primary

Added Candidates:

Joe Wurzelbacher

Dennis Kucinich

Added Reform Party VP: Dean Barkley

You can download it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/162265112/Unit...-_2012.zip.html

If the link doesn't work give me your email and I'll send it.

I haven't played a full game, but two things...

You need to weaken Warner /considerably/. Sure, I can see a Blue Dog challenging Obama if your alternate history was true, but he should be 10-20 points behind the President, still. He definitely shouldn't be leading.

Put Sarah Palin at 3 experience. She has served a full term as governor and even started he second term by 2012.

Joe the plumber made me laugh. :lol:

I haven't played a full game, but two things...

You need to weaken Warner /considerably/. Sure, I can see a Blue Dog challenging Obama if your alternate history was true, but he should be 10-20 points behind the President, still. He definitely shouldn't be leading.

Put Sarah Palin at 3 experience. She has served a full term as governor and even started he second term by 2012.

Joe the plumber made me laugh. :lol:

I had to do a lot to balance the game out. Obama gains in the primary and always ends up beating Warner. He needed a tough primary battle or else he has a huge lead by the general election. Also, I did add Joe the plumber as a semi-joke.

sfsports@gmail.com , please.

Oh, and despite my UserID, I don't see Warner running in 2012. He's fine accumulating experience to run in 2016 - that plus the fact that he's not really a Blue Dog. A more likely Blue-Dog challenger would be Heath Shuler, Dan Boren, or Harold Ford, Jr.

matvail2002@gmail.com for the new version. Thanks in advance!

Just curious, can Jindal win primairies in ''Northern States''?

I played two times as the GOP and two times as Ventura and this was the results:

Romney (382) vs. Obama (156)

Palin (73) vs. Obama (441) vs. Ventura (24: Minnesota, NH, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho)

Jindal (272) vs. Obama (256) vs. Ventura (10)

Pawerley (358) vs. Warner (180)

Also Obama should have WAYYYY more money than anyone else.

He can carry over his left over money from the last campaign even.

Kauai, Obama having the money that he would most likely have gave him a huge advantage. I had to do things to balance the game so that both parties can win.

I've noticed that it's tough to gain support while campaigning in the scenario. It seems as though the poll numbers in the early states almost always stay static or drop until the primaries occur in those states.

Kauai, Obama having the money that he would most likely have gave him a huge advantage. I had to do things to balance the game so that both parties can win.

Currently, the majority of reps have even more money than him.... that's not balancing the game, thats just unrealistic and slightly biased.

I had to do a lot to balance the game out. Obama gains in the primary and always ends up beating Warner. He needed a tough primary battle or else he has a huge lead by the general election. Also, I did add Joe the plumber as a semi-joke.

not true i played as palin, warner won the primaries

Why is it, that i play as Ventura in the primaries, for the main reason to fundraise money for the main election, still to lose piles of money, losing 4 million in one turn, then 8, then 12? It seems to be the case with the other candidates? I'm liking the scenario very much though.

i have same problem. i play as palin (as always) and then by december im bankrupt, the only way i know im losing money is i have todd palin crusading.

I know, don't fundraise. I made it that way because President Obama was raising huge sums of money, much more then the Republicans. He would spend it and the election would be a blowout in his favor. I had to do things to balance the game.

Archived