270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gopprogressive

New Brittania General Election 2009

By the way, in case anyone hasn't noticed- the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are both included in the game as parts of already established regions. However, they are the only crown colonies included.

Which region as I didn't seen it?

• Upvote 1

So what would you guys want to see in a sequel?

And when should I set it? In 2001 (when a labour government is in power, then defeated by the Conservatives) or 2013?

You say in the 2009 one, the Celtic party support had crashed. It would be interesting to see a stronger Celtic party, so perhaps 2001. Would this weaken the Liberal vote or will they be taking their support from Labour & the Tories? Perhaps the Celtic party would have control of 1 Irish region at least?

Also, what would be the situation in 2013? Labour in power again, or Conservatives holding on? And will the Greens and Right Alliance still be seat less?

You say in the 2009 one, the Celtic party support had crashed. It would be interesting to see a stronger Celtic party, so perhaps 2001. Would this weaken the Liberal vote or will they be taking their support from Labour & the Tories? Perhaps the Celtic party would have control of 1 Irish region at least?

Also, what would be the situation in 2013? Labour in power again, or Conservatives holding on? And will the Greens and Right Alliance still be seat less?

I'd make the 2013 a toss-up election rather than Conservative lean (the Cons will have though cannonically won in 2001, 2005 and 2009). The Celtic Party will be stronger (at the expense of Labour), and the Greens and Right Alliance will both be in strong positions to take 2 seats (as in the previous one). Labour will have gained support at the expense of the LDs however.

• Upvote 1

Good, this is great stuff. I don't think Ireland would really vote Conservative, because Labour have traditionally been the party of Irish people in Great Britain, but that's probably an artefact of our timeline. One note is that you should expand the province of Ulster. It currently coincides with RL Northern Ireland, but historic Ulster also includes three of the northern counties of the Republic. Another is that the Celts should have candidates in the Cornish constituencies (St Ives, Falmouth and two rural seats).