270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abe Lincoln

Illinois 2010 Senate

With Barack Obama gone many democrats hope to gain this senate seat.

Democrats:

• Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
  • St. Speaker Michael Madigan
  • Lt. Gov Pat Quinn
  • Attorney General Lisa Madigan
  • Rep. Phil Hare
  • Mayor Richard M. Daley
  • Senate Pres. Emil Jones, Jr.
  • Rev. Jermiah Wright (OFF)
  • St. Senator Rickey R. Hendon
  • Cook County Board President Todd Stroger

Any other possible canidates would be welcome. As endorsers I'm having Barack Obama, very powerful momentum and footsoldier wise and Chicago Machine as the big ones. The Chicago Machine will create a little negative momentum (if this is possible if not no momentum) and massive amounts of funds and footsoldiers, this will mainly be between Daley and Stroger as they are two of the people who run the machine.

One last thing, how should I model this since there will be no primaries. Should I just give each canidate their own party and then have a short election season or what?

A question. Once the primaries are over, is this seat essentially uncontested? Are there no Republicans will even try to run for it, like Mark Kirk? Just a thought.

I would remove Speaker Madigan and Rev. Wright.

Other possibilities

Representative Jan Schakowsky

Representative Danny Davis

Representative Luis Gutierrez

Comptroller Dan Hynes

Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias

Tammy Duckworth

Valerie Jarrett

State Senator James Claybourne

I would remove Speaker Madigan and Rev. Wright.

Other possibilities

Representative Jan Schakowsky

Representative Danny Davis

Representative Luis Gutierrez

Comptroller Dan Hynes

Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias

Tammy Duckworth

Valerie Jarrett

State Senator James Claybourne

Richard Daley Jr?

@ James Bond- exactly

@VoteGOP and Patine- Obama when the seat eaisly in the biggest landslide in Illinois senate history and the state is even bluer now then it was then

@Johnny08- I'll keep Rev. Wright as off just for a fun fringe canidate & I'll use the other suggestions.

Also, State Senator Kwame Raoul and Dan Seals are supposedly on Blago's short list. I'm sure it's possible to find some decent GOP Candidates to run in this election. There is always Rep. Kirk, former Sen. Fitzgerald, Former Gov. Edgar, Rep. Roskam, former Treasurer Topinka and retiring Rep. LaHood. Obviously it would be an uphill battle for all of them, slightly less so for Edgar, Fitzgerald, and Kirk, but it could certainly be something fun to try.

this would be a good PI scenario.

6 minutes ago, CHILLYKILLERBOMB said:

Why were they talking about a 2010 senate scenario when they were still in 2008?

Back in the P4E2008 days of scenario design (I was there - I joined these forums in 2007), the scenario designers were a lot "bolder," for lack of a better word, in predicting whom the candidates would be for upcoming elections much further down the line than most PI scenario designers do. If you dig enough in this old sub-forum, you will find numerous 2012, and even a few 2016 and 2020 scenarios (Presidential) with default candidates (and incumbents) that, from today's knowledge, seem odd, puzzling, bizarre, or, in some cases and with some designers, wistful.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Back in the P4E2008 days of scenario design (I was there - I joined these forums in 2007), the scenario designers were a lot "bolder," for lack of a better word, in predicting whom the candidates would be for upcoming elections much further down the line than most PI scenario designers do. If you dig enough in this old sub-forum, you will find numerous 2012, and even a few 2016 and 2020 scenarios (Presidential) with default candidates (and incumbents) that, from today's knowledge, seem odd, puzzling, bizarre, or, in some cases and with some designers, wistful.

Well no one could reasonably predict Trump.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Well no one could reasonably predict Trump.

Didn't Howard Stern, or someone like him, say years ago that, "one day, Donald Trump will be President."

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Didn't Howard Stern, or someone like him, say years ago that, "one day, Donald Trump will be President."

If memory serves me correctly it was in a joking manner.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

If memory serves me correctly it was in a joking manner.

Well, the joke's on all of us, and I'm not laughing...