270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mitt/Rudy08

United States - 1828

I'm in the middle of creating a scenario for the 1828 United States presidential election, that I will release here. So far everything's going fine, except I need to think of issues for the election. Here's what I have so far.

American System

Protective Tariffs

Expansionism

Education

Monroe Doctrine

Environment

Business Tax

Personal Tax

Navy

I have 13 more to go. Any history buffs out there know about the issues during that time?

I'm in the middle of creating a scenario for the 1828 United States presidential election, that I will release here. So far everything's going fine, except I need to think of issues for the election. Here's what I have so far.

American System

Protective Tariffs

Expansionism

Education

Monroe Doctrine

Environment

Business Tax

Personal Tax

Navy

I have 13 more to go. Any history buffs out there know about the issues during that time?

Public Education

National Bank (Absolutely Crucial)

Indian Affairs

I'll come up with more, but one thing you need to model in the insane amount of personal attacks.

I'll come up with more, but one thing you need to model in the insane amount of personal attacks.

No backfire chance for advertising (newspaper, bills, ?) and a big bonus to attack power. All the AI will use is a flood of negative advertising.

Public Education

National Bank (Absolutely Crucial)

Indian Affairs

I know Mark Warner guy, this is the intro.

After commander Andrew Jackson lost the Presidency in 1824 despite winning the popular and electoral votes, his supporters have come back for revenge against President John Quincy Adams. In a race based on mudslinging and character assassinations, who will win? Those who believe President Adams deserves a second term, or those who believe that war hero Jackson was cheated four years ago?