270soft Forum
Patine

Austria 2008

Any news?

I was away for a long weekend in the mountains. Now that I'm back and settled in, I should be able to get back to work on this.

Good news! My friend working in the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a lifetime native of the country, provided me with a spreadsheet with all the data I had just been denied. This scenario should be done shortly. :)

How convenient.

• Upvote 1

How convenient.

Actually, I was rather surprised at how quickly he'd summoned up the document. I'd actually not been able to speak to him due to time schedules (he's 8 hours ahead of me in time zones) and the fact that he'd been terribly busy for a while until, about a week or two after the site I needed went down, he signed-in and was at work, so I thought I'd try asking if he could help.

Sorry this has been taking so long. RL's been getting in the way of grinding out constituencies. I need to ask a question, though. How would I up the undecided from the normal 20% to 40%, as this election's results were somewhat foggy in the polls at the start, or so I can gather.

Okay, my errors have been fixed, thanks to GOP Progressive and Treasurer of the PC (who'll both get credits in this scenario). Now just endorsers (which fortunately GOP Progressive layed out nicely earlier in this thread), events (will have to find a way to represent this; clear-cut 'incidents' aren't really common in this election, though certain factors during it helped shape it's outcome), and regional issue centres need to be done. I notice the way C4E works, I end up 15 seats short in-game than the actual RW composition of the Austrian Nationalrat. Is there anyway to fix this?

Finally, here is the beta! Please download it and let me know what you think! See if anyone can wrest Karnten state from the firm grip of the Alliance for the Future of Austria. I'm going to get started on South Guanjin in earnest shortly, though will still fix any problems with this one. I would like to fix the seat number problem (I'm actually 92 seats short of the RW National Council), but can't figure out a way without distorting the statistics overly.

http://drop.io/dvqd4ok#

My major criticism right now is that the party leaders' pics are really blurry. I can change that if you wish.

Also, did the SPO actually outspend the OVP?

And I know how to increase the seat numbers- but what do you mean about distorting the scenario?

• Upvote 1

My major criticism right now is that the party leaders' pics are really blurry. I can change that if you wish.

Also, did the SPO actually outspend the OVP?

And I know how to increase the seat numbers- but what do you mean about distorting the scenario?

I actually would appreciate if you could fix the leader portraits, yes please. I had some trouble with them, as all the Wikipedia Austrian party leader portraits were smaller than the actual size for a C4E portrait, and thus blurred when expanded.

I think I'll need to reevaluate finances for the parties. I just noticed the Austrian parties are richer than their German counterparts in the 2005 scenario that comes with the game.

I mean by distorting changing the number of regional constuencies. If you have a method to increase block seats, I'm all ears.

Sadly, you will have to add more regional constituencies to fix the problem, but it shouldn't distort the scenario too much.

I can fix the party leader avatars though.

There is also a map error. There is a region between Karnten and Salzburg that isn't labelled or that you can campaign in. Was this some mistake?

• Upvote 1

Sadly, you will have to add more regional constituencies to fix the problem, but it shouldn't distort the scenario too much.

I can fix the party leader avatars though.

There is also a map error. There is a region between Karnten and Salzburg that isn't labelled or that you can campaign in. Was this some mistake?

I'm thinking maybe doubling the regional constituencies, with a copy of each one starting with the same %'s, but with a different candidate for each party also taken from that constituency's regional list. After all, there's roughly twice as many seats in the RW Nationalrat as there is in the current scenario.

As for that extra region, if you mean the one just left of Karnten and south of Salzburg, it's a disconnected part of Tirol and should allow you to click on Tirol by clicking on it as though you had clicked the main part of Tirol (at least it does on my computer).

labellafauxcakes@aol.com

Thanks!

Didn't the link work for you? Anyways, are you sure that e-mail address is right? My e-mail server says that address doesn't exist.

While I'm re-working constituencies, I'm considering having alternative leaders as well. I'm thinking two alternatives to the default for the SPO and OVP and one alternative for the Freedom Party, Green Alternative, Liberal Forum, and Communists. I likely won't have alternatives to Haider or Dinkhauser, as their parties were largely built around them. This does mean, however, I may need help finding photos for some of these, as Wikipedia has few photos of Austrian politicians for some reason.

Here's the final version of Austria 2008. I did want a few more ideas for events, but it turned out to be difficult to come up with any other than the noteworthy one I have. I wanted alternate party leaders, but the other members of a given party's upper echelons in Austria were virtually identical in platform and camapigning style, as it turned out, so I didn't bother. Otherwise, I did fix a few errors, and doubled the seat total, coming close to the actual number in the RW Nationalrat. So, download, enjoy, and give feedback! I'm now turning my full attention to South Guajin (long overdue), then Hutali, then a scenario in the secret planning stages with GOP Progressive.

http://drop.io/gidh85j#

The ads were wayyy too cheap. Plus I found the election way too long. I'd recommend the length of the election at most 7 weeks. I'd also give the party leaders more CP. And the Freedom Party should be CR on Europe rather than C.

I can alter these if you wish. I also can change the issue pictures so they look less cartoony.

• Upvote 1

I'd appreciate those changes if you could. Could you also take a look at my events file. On my second full playtest (and my first since I added my one event) today, the game crashed loading the turn the event triggered. I obviously did something wrong.

The ads were wayyy too cheap. Plus I found the election way too long. I'd recommend the length of the election at most 7 weeks. I'd also give the party leaders more CP. And the Freedom Party should be CR on Europe rather than C.

I can alter these if you wish. I also can change the issue pictures so they look less cartoony.

How are those alterations coming?

Anyone else have feedback on this scenario?

Here's the latest (and hopefully final) version of Austria 2008, thanks in great part to GOP Progressive and Treasurer of the PC. Please let me know what you think. I'll wait a while for feedback before submitting it.

http://drop.io/dnymku5#

Here's the latest (and hopefully final) version of Austria 2008, thanks in great part to GOP Progressive and Treasurer of the PC. Please let me know what you think. I'll wait a while for feedback before submitting it.

http://drop.io/dnymku5#

Does anyone have any feedback at all?

Played this twice on CFE, i experienced an error with 4 weeks 2 days left Patine. List out of bounds? I managed to bypass it first time, but second game i was forced to quit. I think it plays well with what i have played, good game as the freedom party, realistic, and so far i was getting a good fight with the Austrian's People's Party.