270soft Forum
danieldlmn

game record

I was Romney, and this is probably my best result in the standard 2008 scenario (the only things I changed were some of the candidate pictures) :

hillarygetsownedog0.th.png

And for this one I was Thompson, got the nomination by one delegate:

fredbyonecg6.th.png

WOW! I cannot believe some of these, any tips I flat out suck compared to you guys, my best:

GORE.png

I need some advice, coaching or a tutorial of some sort... I never even win a primary and only continue to the general election by holding out and insisting I get named the VP of whatever candidate came from behind to suddenly beat me to death with my own arm...

Save up your Pip and then try to get the 2nd place canidate in the opposing party to endorse you. If you get the endorsement you will win the presidency.

How did you manage that in Gold!? :blink:

I picked Hillary as McCain's V.P. after she had about 1600 delegates or so and just played defensive in any states Barack had a chance of barely winning. :)

This one from Clark/Bayh's 2008 v6 scenario:

pf1.JPG

Saved up my PIPs and got both Pataki and Romney to endorse me; by the time the game moved into the General Election, I had such a massive lead it was untrue. It was clear on election day that the critical factor wasn't whether I would win, it was whether I'd get up to 500 EVs.

could u send me this scenario

The post and the scenario is over a year old. The person probably isn't around and the scenario probably doesn't have realistic numbers. You seem to have an obsession with scenarions whether they are good or bad or exist or not.

• Upvote 1

Actually that is hard on wonk... no tricks other than yes, the ole make the other party's front runner your V.P. trick.

First, I swept all of the early states and supertuesday, picked up all the endorsements from advertising momentum, got a few endorsements and I bribed Obama into being V.P. because he was more charismatic and had one all the solidly democratic states. Next I spent the rest of the primary raising money and declined public funds, entering the General with over 300 million. I also went into the general with a whole bunch of negative research done beforehand and cable television ads on everything and was basically running t.v ads straight through. The only contest was in D.C. and I fought like mad to keep it.

:D

I saved several copies throughout the game so I can send proof if anyone wants to double check! Strangely enough I was hoping to get a competitive race at the outset but after sweeping the primaries, which I'd never accomplished before, I thought I'd go for the gold!

jacksonvictory1984part2hh7.gif

1984 Victory as Jesse Jackson on Medium. I managed to get a lot of momentum earlier on in the race by airing two 'highly successful' newspaper ads in all 50 states and dent Reagan's early lead by lucking on a "High" damage leadership scandal. I focussed my campaigning on the industrial states and managed to eke out a victory, that being said, it was quite close with Pennsyvania, Ohio and Michigan flashing between Blue and Red several times.

Edit: How do you take full sized screen shots?

Ventura.jpg

A crazy election involving the 2016 scenario. I was Ventura. Emanuel was given the win by congress although for some reason it says Palin won at the top. If Palin had won Hawaii, she would have won the election. Hawaii was very close until the very end. Palin lost Hawaii by about 2,400 votes.

This is my best ever:

2qxritt.jpg

I played as Giuliani, but lost the nomination to Romney, so figured I should be all whiny and spiteful and become Clinton's Veep- It was all over for Romney after that. Revenge is sweet...